Referees control whether or not the Celtics will win or lose!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jofc. Show jofc's posts

Re: Referees control whether or not the Celtics will win or lose!!!!

You're right.  The Celtics would be 82-0 every year if it wasn't for David Stern and the refs needing the Celtics to lose. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I think players should win games, not teams of officials.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Referees control whether or not the Celtics will win or lose!!!!:
    [QUOTE]I think players should win games, not teams of officials.
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

Join in the "Tainted Championship" thread.

They are on the verge of forcing Stern and the refs to be accountable to us Celtic fans.

Banner #18 is going to be a cinch.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

In Response to Referees control whether or not the Celtics will win or lose!!!!:
    [QUOTE]There should be a video replay ref that takes the 2 points away at the next stoppage of play.
    most of the game should be called by refs watching the game on monitors, and the refs on the court just run the games, but it would be so easy to have GOOD calls, if they updated the system of how calls are made.  It has to all be done in real time though, I hate how they go back and change the calls or scoring, after the plays are over, you can't change any call after the play is over and done with, if you can't get the call right the first time, fix that problem, don't start changing calls after the fact.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: Referees control whether or not the Celtics will win or lose!!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Referees control whether or not the Celtics will win or lose!!!! : I assume that you have seen video replays in the NFL. It often takes three or four angles to make a definitive judgement. How would the NBA be any different? No way to do it without slowing down the game tremendously. One or two replay challenges a half might be workable.
    Posted by ControllerMod[/QUOTE]

If there is a ref whose job it is to review controversial, or blatantly blown calls, there is no need to stop play.

Like I said, he informs the refs on the floor of the correction(s) at the next time-out or dead ball.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

"impactful"? You mean "impacting". It's tough, in the moment, to tell whether a certain call will have a meaningful impact on the outcome of a game, unless it's right at the end of a close or tied game.  I think there should be paying more attention to trends rather than individual calls even though it's the individual calls that make up a trend.  If there are a flurry of calls going only one way, a red flag should go up (not literally) alerting another official that something out of the ordinary is happening.  I also think that teams should be able to evaluate the officials and the League would bar those that have a history of imposing themselves into that team's games, one way or the other.  If every team wanted to ban Eddie F. Rush or Bennett Salvatore, they'd be out of the League based on poor performance.  Just like the rest of us, officials should be held accountable and evaluated by others who are not peer officials or those recently retired who still have a vested interest in pretending that there aren't biased and cheating referees.  There are matters of conflict of interest that can and should be removed from the idea of a level playing field.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

As was written somewhere recently...if the NBA expects the fans to treat it with seriousness and to give "sport" importance worthy of paying people millions of dollars to play it then I think it is necessary for the NBA to produce competent referrees and competently officiated games. Especially when it comes to game 7 of the Championship series. There are some fans who think bad calls are just part of the game and not worthy of discussion and to some extent they are right, but only occasionally and not when everything is "on the line". The 4th quarter of this years game 7 was a fiasco and was not competently officiated.

Given how Stern and the NBA has imposed gag orders on everyone from ball boys to chief executives who else is going to hold the NBA accountable but the fans. We can vote with our feet by not going to games and by talking about it. There is nothing else we can do.

All we are asking is to produce competent referees and competently officiated games. And to do that, besides the fans, the players, the coaches and anyone a part of the sport should be allowed to talk about it in a meaningful way without fear of getting a huge fine. Stern ...your gag order approach is leading to bad refs and bad officiating.

And to those fans who don't want to hear a discussion about this...don't read the thread.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

The first game and the last game I knew its fixed. My blood boiled and decided  to  boycott NBA games from then on.

I attend 6 to 8 games a year between Madison sq & Boston but no longer interested even the ticket is free.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

As much as I hate the cheating one sided referees like Joey and Dan Crawford I realize that there is virtually no way to implement video replay in Basketball, because the speed of the game is faster than Football and Baseball. Even if you could control some of the calls the same cheats would find other ways to control the outcome. You can probably call a lane violation on either end of the floor on just about every possession. Incidental contact can be called on every play no matter how much contact is made.. The cheats know who they are and they decided that the deals they've made with the Devil are far more lucrative than anything they could earn from being honest. All I can say to the Crawfords is 21-4 free throws from the 6 minute mark to the end,shows what color underwear the commish told you to wear to the game. Purple and gold polka dots...May you both rot in hell.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Meh. Enjoy watching Miami shoot 35+ FT's a game this year.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

I agree that the elite players for Miami will get the favorable calls from the officials. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

What is the point of building a great team, and getting behind that team emotionally, if Stern is going to allow the referees to corrupt the games?

He's not doing nearly enough to save this league from fan disgust with officiating.

I really wish Sheed got a chance to "talk" to the Crawford's. Any video footage would have likely had me saying, like that guy in the movie 40 year old virgin,"OOOOH! Fct...THAT...nekka....UP!!!!!" LOL

Gotta love Sheed!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

What is the point of building a great team, and getting behind that team emotionally, if Stern is going to allow the referees to corrupt the games?

Absolutely agree!
    The triangle gang of miami pissed Stern off. Lebron-Wade & Bosh might be celebrating now but at the end, the weasel has a plan.
    Stern dictates where the ball should bounce. He was not able to control lebron's signing because everyone are watching the drama & very visible.

He controls the owners but he let them down with this drama. Now that the balance of power shifted way too much to the Miami & the east, he needs to control the winning percentage to satisfy the owners.

This is not a conspiracy theory. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

A long time ago I was dating this girl that was completely bat sheet crazy. I was bitching about about her to my best friend. He had had enough. He turns to me, and says something to the the effect of "Don't you get it? She's nuts. I've been telling you this for six months. She was crazy last week and she will be crazy next week. If you want to bury your head up your azz and pretend that you can fix her, knock yourself out. But I'm tired of hearing about it. She's making you as crazy as she is. Because if she wasn't it would be obvious to you that you need to dump her. It's the only way to fix this"

After I got over the urge to punch him in the face, I realized he was right. It was good advice.

The same thing applies here. The NBA is what it is. You can't go into an NBA game feeling comfortable that the game will be decided by the players. That's what the NBA has turned into. Either you accept it and continue to follow the league. Or walk away.

Complaining isn't helping anything. You are just getting upset over something you can't control. Personally, I'm on the fence. I'm leaning heavily towards saying goodbye to the NBA. But we'll see come November.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

[QUOTE]A long time ago I was dating this girl that was completely bat sheet crazy. I was bitching about about her to my best friend. He had had enough. He turns to me, and says something to the the effect of "Don't you get it? She's nuts. I've been telling you this for six months. She was crazy last week and she will be crazy next week. If you want to bury your head up your azz and pretend that you can fix her, knock yourself out. But I'm tired of hearing about it. She's making you as crazy as she is. Because if she wasn't it would be obvious to you that you need to dump her. It's the only way to fix this" After I got over the urge to punch him in the face, I realized he was right. It was good advice. The same thing applies here. The NBA is what it is. You can't go into an NBA game feeling comfortable that the game will be decided by the players. That's what the NBA has turned into. Either you accept it and continue to follow the league. Or walk away. Complaining isn't helping anything. You are just getting upset over something you can't control. Personally, I'm on the fence. I'm leaning heavily towards saying goodbye to the NBA. But we'll see come November.
    Posted by dafoe[/QUOTE]
    We live in a country where if we complain enough we get free cases for our phones. You would be surprised what happens when you demonstrate how miserable and insufferable you can be.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Referees control whether or not the Celtics will win or lose!!!! : We live in a country where if we complain enough we get free cases for our phones. You would be surprised what happens when you demonstrate how miserable and insufferable you can be.
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]

LOL!!! Good one!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

[QUOTE]A long time ago I was dating this girl that was completely bat sheet crazy. I was bitching about about her to my best friend. He had had enough. He turns to me, and says something to the the effect of "Don't you get it? She's nuts. I've been telling you this for six months. She was crazy last week and she will be crazy next week. If you want to bury your head up your azz and pretend that you can fix her, knock yourself out. But I'm tired of hearing about it. She's making you as crazy as she is. Because if she wasn't it would be obvious to you that you need to dump her. It's the only way to fix this" After I got over the urge to punch him in the face, I realized he was right. It was good advice. The same thing applies here. The NBA is what it is. You can't go into an NBA game feeling comfortable that the game will be decided by the players. That's what the NBA has turned into. Either you accept it and continue to follow the league. Or walk away. Complaining isn't helping anything. You are just getting upset over something you can't control. Personally, I'm on the fence. I'm leaning heavily towards saying goodbye to the NBA. But we'll see come November.
    Posted by dafoe[/QUOTE]

Complaining is a part of what's left with our constitutional right.
    We don't have much right left except freedom of speech. If you are afraid to say
    and afraid to exercise it, then we have nothing...nothing left.
    Obuso took a chunk of it too.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

Of course the Ref's control who wins. You watched the Finals when the Ref's gave the Title to LA didn't you?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kobedaman. Show kobedaman's posts

[QUOTE]I think players should win games, not teams of officials.
    Where you been pal?  Lakers players put the boot to the Celtics and Da this year and toyed with Magic last year.  You like looking up to defending champs again?  lol  Let me know when DA can piece together a team other than 50 years and older league team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Referees control whether or not the Celtics will win or lose!!!! : Where you been pal?  Lakers players put the boot to the Celtics and Da this year and toyed with Magic last year.  You like looking up to defending champs again?  lol  Let me know when DA can piece together a team other than 50 years and older league team.
    Posted by kobedaman[/QUOTE]
    Ah, kobeismrnba is back - clever disguise......I love how a 4 point win in a 7th game is putting the boot to us, but a 39 point win in 2008 was  strictly because Bynum didn't play - gotta love lakers fans.

Here we go again with age - check this out kobeismrnba -
    Fisher + koME + Artest + Gasol + Bynum = 152  years
    Rondo + Ray + Pierce + KG + J. O'Neal = 154 years

Bench -
    Blake 30      Robinson 26
    Brown 25     Wafer 25/Bradley 19
    Barnes 30     Daniels 26/Harangody 22
    Odom 31     Davis 25
    Ratliff 37     Shaq 38 and our starting center, Perkins is 26!

Ah, who has the older team??

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

No doubt about it they have a huge influence on the game for better or worse.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Magikobe. Show Magikobe's posts

In Response to Referees control whether or not the Celtics will win or lose!!!!:
    [QUOTE]If they put our big men and perimeter defenders in foul trouble (like they did Ray Allen in game one of the Finals) we lose! If they let us play like they did in game 7 of the Finals (until the 4th quarter) we will win going away! It's too bad they have that much control over the game. Every team should be allowed to play! Only call the most impactful and obvious rule violations ( like Gasol's up and down ) So you missed the up and down call. There should be a video replay ref that takes the 2 points away at the next stoppage of play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haXxLgajLIY&feature=related

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KB24RULZ. Show KB24RULZ's posts

Fisher + koME + Artest + Gasol + Bynum = 15 championship rings
    Rondo + Ray + Pierce + KG + J. O'Neal = 4 championship rings (*No Bynum/Ariza)

Don't know bout who's older, but I know who I'd bet on!

Sections
Shortcuts