Refs assisting HEAT tonight once again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Refs assisting HEAT tonight once again

Wow. How obvious are the calls tonight favoring the Heat. The refs once again are clearly helping out this mediocre Heat team. It is just so aggravating. Battier takes Hansbrough to the ground, foul on Hansbrough. Flopping by Heat(Lebron and others) fouls called on Indy. Will it ever end.......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Re: Refs assisting HEAT tonight once again

If there is any good part that the Cs arent at this point in the playoffs, thats just it.  Meaning, we all dont have to pull our hair out once again and watch the most horrific officials, most bagged league sport going!  Its right up there with Vince McMahon and the WWE.  Its awful man, try not to get caught up in it too bad and save yourself some frustration....Ill be rooting for Indiana of course then San Antonio, but may not matter if zebras and league already got this thing determined....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

It's a shame such a great game by the Pacers is decided by who spends the most time on their backs!

Wade is pathetic...........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

George got fouled on that shot!

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Well, if the Refs were giving the Heat the game, they sure didn't give them an advantage on the last play.   Miami wins off their own great last play.  Indiana made a huge defensive mistake and that's nothing to do with the refs.   

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Well, if the Refs were giving the Heat the game, they sure didn't give them an advantage on the last play.   Miami wins off their own great last play.  Indiana made a huge defensive mistake and that's nothing to do with the refs.   

Indy coach cost his team the game by taking out Hibbert in final minute of OT allowing James clear path to the hoop not once but twice. Huge mistake is right by George overplaying bron. You can take getting beat on a jumper but not a layup.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

No kidding????

Indy should have won this game ... had they not shot themselves in the foot a dozen or more times ... Yutes ... They'll learn.

The turnovers hurt them for sure. You cut those in half and Indy wins this game without OT. But they put in a good effort. I think they can take game 2

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Well, George did get the benefit of a critical 3 shot foul that looked like a heck of a lot like a no call/no foul on Wade...

But let's pretend that it was all one-sided

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Well, George did get the benefit of a critical 3 shot foul that looked like a heck of a lot like a no call/no foul on Wade...

But let's pretend that it was all one-sided

Did you pretend to watch the game? Hey you see it one way and I watch it another. When shooters get hit on the arm or hand it is called almost all the time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I attribute two brain dead decisions by Vogel more than I credit Bron's greatness. He made 2 layups that any player with a high basketball IQ would've made. You take a 7'2 player off the court I'm going to the rim. Vogel is worried about Bosh making a jumper....SMH...unreal.

I guess Vogel missed Hibbert denying Melo's dunk in game 6.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:

I attribute two brain dead decisions by Vogel more than I credit Bron's greatness. He made 2 layups that any player with a high basketball IQ would've made. You take a 7'2 player off the court I'm going to the rim. Vogel is worried about Bosh making a jumper....SMH...unreal.

Exactly; pick your poison; Bosh jumber or Bron layup?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In response to futbal's comment:

In response to BirdLewsBias's comment:

Exactly; pick your poison; Bosh jumber or Bron layup?

I don't know how good Bosh is at making mid-range shots (percentage-wise) but i'm pretty sure James is way better at making lay-ups.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Absolutely to blame. I thought at first he was worried about him fouling out. But with 1 minute left in OT who cares. And that was not even the case. Worried about Bosh. Crazy. With 2.2 seconds left you don't give Lebron a layup. Indy did a horrible job at denying the lane. Awful. I don't think that mistake will be made again. This series is going 7 I think. Indy can beat this Heat team and should have gotten the W last night. AThe Pacers did not look dejected. I think the Heat know they are going to have their hands full. They will be pleading for the refs help all series...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Comment, as per previous post, was that Hibbert was out because he couldn't defend a jump shot by Bosh. The Heat with 2.2 secs were going to have a shot except if ball deflected, anyway, & it would have been a clear one as with only a one(1) point lead, the Pacers couldn't foul. So, statistically the game had to be decided on a hit or miss of the jump shot---50% maybe ?  But what are the statistics of LeBron driving to the basket, making it or getting fouled...90% ??? Monday morning quarterback I know but Hibbert should have been in there and glued to LeBron.

What a shame...they hit a 3 to tie and then go ahead with 3 pressure foul shots in OT. Key was earlier with a 3 point lead, Heat missed 2-3 shots & the Bosh put in a reb and got fouled for a 3pt play that tied it. If Indy got the reb & went down & scored, they'd had a 5 pt lead with about 1 min to go.

If worse come to worse, we'll need hope the old guys from San Antonio, like our Celtics, beat the Heat because I believe they have a better chance than Memphis.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I highly doubt he "gave " him a layup.  I think the idea was to make one of them take a contested jumper.

Here is my question - if this were the Knicks, would you have Hibbert in the game?  NO, because you know that CarMElo is just going to shoot a jumper.

The "problem" with LeBron is that he could pass OR shoot.  That's why, even with 2.2 sec remaining, you have to account for all the shooters.

If Bosh made the J, Vogel would be an idiot for leaving Hibbert in the game, right?

10 sec - I agree with you guys.......even 5 sec.....but you have to think that with 2.2 sec, the guy is either going to shoot a jumper, or pass to someone else, who will shoot a jumper.

Blame the defender for getting beat so easily, but I agree with the coaching move in this situation.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

and no double team on the other team's best player............inexcusable

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

I highly doubt he "gave " him a layup.  I think the idea was to make one of them take a contested jumper.

Here is my question - if this were the Knicks, would you have Hibbert in the game?  NO, because you know that CarMElo is just going to shoot a jumper.

The "problem" with LeBron is that he could pass OR shoot.  That's why, even with 2.2 sec remaining, you have to account for all the shooters.

If Bosh made the J, Vogel would be an idiot for leaving Hibbert in the game, right?

10 sec - I agree with you guys.......even 5 sec.....but you have to think that with 2.2 sec, the guy is either going to shoot a jumper, or pass to someone else, who will shoot a jumper.

Blame the defender for getting beat so easily, but I agree with the coaching move in this situation.

Absolutely!!  No excuse for gifting Lebron a layup..George completely botched it.

Even denying Lebron the ball would force him further from the basket with too little time to get to the rim..

I dont blame the coach for taking out Hibbert either.. not with 2 secs left.. Expectations are the Heat will have to make a jumper and rebounding a miss is pretty much moot. Hibbert is slow compared to Bosh and everyone else on the floor. Hes less likely to run out on a jump shooter and defend him..

Coach cant be blamed if George blew it defensively, which is what happened.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

and no double team on the other team's best player............inexcusable

You are right on, double team LeBron and make someone else beat you!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

In response to Red-16Russ-11's comment:

Absolutely!!  No excuse for gifting Lebron a layup..George completely botched it.

Even denying Lebron the ball would force him further from the basket with too little time to get to the rim..

I dont blame the coach for taking out Hibbert either.. not with 2 secs left.. Expectations are the Heat will have to make a jumper and rebounding a miss is pretty much moot. Hibbert is slow compared to Bosh and everyone else on the floor. Hes less likely to run out on a jump shooter and defend him..

Coach cant be blamed if George blew it defensively, which is what happened.

Certainly can blame the coach for taking Hibbert out with about 1 min to go. Which Lebron then went right to the basket for an easy score. A big hoop at that time. Live and die with Hibbert on the court. Getting beat by a jumper is way better than giving them a layup...a layup....wow

Sections
Shortcuts