Refs favoring Miami

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from deanocelt. Show deanocelt's posts

Refs favoring Miami

I am violating one of my own rules about blaming the officials. But I noticed several Celtics sacraficed their bodies, including the diminutive Rondo against the LeBron Express, and in several instances appeared to have established position, got knocked over, and didn't get the benefit of the offensive charge. If you sacrafice your body but never get the benefit of the call, obviously your not going to keep making the sacrafice. Maybe I don't understand the offensive charge, but I am pretty sure that I do. Do I have a point? If those are the rules, maybe we should have Big Baby play by the same rules with LeBron. I was surprised to see nobody else complain when I looged onto the forum. Comments.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Refs favoring Miami

I have already posted this, but the elite players in the NBA always are favored by the officials.  Since Miami has two elite players in LeBron and Wade they are always going to get the benefit of the officiating.  It has always been that way for the elite players in the NBA. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Re: Refs favoring Miami:
    I have already posted this, but the elite players in the NBA always are favored by the officials.  Since Miami has two elite players in LeBron and Wade they are always going to get the benefit of the officiating.  It has always been that way for the elite players in the NBA. 
    Posted by susan250

Why aren't the Big 3 getting any calls. Are they not elite players in the league?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from deanocelt. Show deanocelt's posts

OK Susan. That makes sense, but if we have to accept that then we need to bring the same physicality to the game that they do. I think we need to make LeBron think twice about his drive. We do have one big body (AKA Big baby). I guess I just have a hard time accepting that they get the benefit of the doubt frequently.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Ever notice Lebron puts his off arm on the chest of a rising shooter to get the block in the paint.  Wonder how he always seems to jump higher than the guy going to the hoop?

PA

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Refs favoring Miami : Why aren't the Big 3 getting any calls. Are they not elite players in the league?
    Posted by Bralon

They are not on the same level as LeBron and Wade.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from deanocelt. Show deanocelt's posts

One thing I do think we can do against LeBron is not give him as much room, don't play off him. I noticed Jeff Green is giving him about 20 feet. Make him run himself ragged. I think we should hound him more.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from deanocelt. Show deanocelt's posts

PA I noticed that arm yesterday but I think it was on the offensive end. I can't remember who was guarding LeBron at the time but on the replay it was so blatant. He clearly shoved the other player with his elbow to create space for a lay up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

dean,

I noticed it when he blocked Garnett going to the hoop.  I mean Garnett couldn't get off the ground.  And it wasn't KG's age or anything like that.  Lebron stuffed his body then blocked the shot.

PA

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Ever notice Lebron puts his off arm on the chest of a rising shooter to get the block in the paint.  Wonder how he always seems to jump higher than the guy going to the hoop? PA
    Posted by PACelt

I don't wonder why LeBron jumps higher then the guy going to the hoop because he just does. He is an incredible athlete.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

In Response to Re: Refs favoring Miami : Why aren't the Big 3 getting any calls. Are they not elite players in the league?
    Posted by Bralon

Garnett has turned into a soft jump shooter.
    He has 1 offensive rebound and 0 FT attempts in 2 games.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

the refs in basketball will always give the benefit of the doubt to the team that is more aggressive and not settling for jumpers everywhere

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

For starters the Heat would have won both games regardless. As to the refs, they are not making bad calls based on corruption per se, but the League puts marketing its stars above the integrity of the game, that's just the way it is. So, yes, the stars get calls so they can pad their scoring stats at the line, and so they can look great on highlight reels without, for example, a foul or traveling call nullifying the highlight shot. When Bird and Magic were making the League popular it was based on their individual play, intensity, and team play; that made their star power, not biased reffing. David Stern took credit for what Larry, Magic and then Michael did; and now he thinks to stay popular its about the stars getting highlight reels, so that's how the game is called --- marketing driven. Stern is wrong and that's why the League has platuead in popularity; (fair) playing, not highlight reels, are what will draw incremental viewership, but it will take another commissioner to realize that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Not the refs fault we lost - it's the players.....that being said, the home team in the NBA wins in the playoffs about 70% of the time.  I now expect this to go 7 games, and we lose - we cannot beat them there.  I also expect the lakers to win in 7, and the Bulls to win in 7.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

I hate blaming the refs too but 68-40 and over 11 blocked shots is ridiculous. So you're saying that a team that has an old 7 footer and doesn't have much size is getting this many blocked shots AND also winning the FT battle.

How much are the C's taking the ball to the basket or taking shots in the lane? For two great defensive teams and have the FT disparity that is being showed will ALWAYS tilt towards that team. I would expect FTs to be high among both teams because they're both aggressive risk taking defenses...but it heavily favoring one team right now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

I don't have a problem with the celtic's not getting as many calls d/t their lack of aggressiveness but to continue to give x-tra points on made baskets with a mere brush is blatant favoritism; it is mostly refs getting influenced by the crowd's reaction to a spectacular play and losing their impartiality...It creates separation that can't be made up d/t demoralization of the visiting team and is inherently biased. Ref's/judges aren't supposed to be caught up in the moment(i.e.,mob rule).  I guess were not better than that (however,they need to be)..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Refs favoring Miami:
    I am violating one of my own rules about blaming the officials. But I noticed several Celtics sacraficed their bodies, including the diminutive Rondo against the LeBron Express, and in several instances appeared to have established position, got knocked over, and didn't get the benefit of the offensive charge. If you sacrafice your body but never get the benefit of the call, obviously your not going to keep making the sacrafice. Maybe I don't understand the offensive charge, but I am pretty sure that I do. Do I have a point? If those are the rules, maybe we should have Big Baby play by the same rules with LeBron. I was surprised to see nobody else complain when I looged onto the forum. Comments.
    Posted by deanocelt

What would be really great is if we all just stop writing about the refs becuase logically from a 30,000 foot view of things it makes perfect sense that the refs, league, Stern, etc. all have it in for the Cs.

It is like in math if A = B and B = C then A = C, you don't have to prove it - it is  a given.  Just like the refs, league, and Stern hate the Cs and have it in for them.

So when LeBron punches Pierce in the face and they eject Pierce, A = C..... simple.... right?  So let's just stop writing about it.

It is like debating whether 2 plus 2 equals 4.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

I hate blaming the refs too but 68-40 and over 11 blocked shots is ridiculous. So you're saying that a team that has an old 7 footer and doesn't have much size is getting this many blocked shots AND also winning the FT battle. How much are the C's taking the ball to the basket or taking shots in the lane? For two great defensive teams and have the FT disparity that is being showed will ALWAYS tilt towards that team. I would expect FTs to be high among both teams because they're both aggressive risk taking defenses...but it heavily favoring one team right now.
    Posted by BiasLewis

as aggressive as miami is playing offensively with wade and james

the whole team is playing that way on defense...most of those block shots have been from behind or flat out rejected(see KG on Bron)

i just dont see the celtics having the energy to keep pace

heat in 5, maybe 6

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

When a player KNOWS IN HIS MIND that he can do X or Y and it not be called that is a HUGE advantage. So in turn you play more aggressively.

In turn when PP got tossed for what happened in game #1 it let the C's know that if they play aggressive and try to fight their way back how much will be tolerated?

It's like a great fight between Frazier and Tyson. Both are brawlers and want to brawl but when the ref is constantly reminding one guy he's hitting low or holding it makes him tentative, meanwhile the other guy is fighting his fight.

This is eaxctly what's happening in this series.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

I hate blaming the refs too but 68-40 and over 11 blocked shots is ridiculous. So you're saying that a team that has an old 7 footer and doesn't have much size is getting this many blocked shots AND also winning the FT battle. How much are the C's taking the ball to the basket or taking shots in the lane? For two great defensive teams and have the FT disparity that is being showed will ALWAYS tilt towards that team. I would expect FTs to be high among both teams because they're both aggressive risk taking defenses...but it heavily favoring one team right now.
    Posted by BiasLewis

FT comparison means nothing. KG won't go for offensive rebounds or take the ball to the hoop.
    FT comparison meant nothing in last years game 7 against LA. Scoring 146 points in the last 2 games is what doomed Boston.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

When a player KNOWS IN HIS MIND that he can do X or Y and it not be called that is a HUGE advantage. So in turn you play more aggressively. In turn when PP got tossed for what happened in game #1 it let the C's know that if they play aggressive and try to fight their way back how much will be tolerated? It's like a great fight between Frazier and Tyson. Both are brawlers and want to brawl but when the ref is constantly reminding one guy he's hitting low or holding it makes him tentative, meanwhile the other guy is fighting his fight. This is eaxctly what's happening in this series.
    Posted by BiasLewis

nonsense

wade and lebron's whole is being aggressive...they are both average at best jump shooters but they are probably the 2 best in the world at getting to the basket...its their whole game

pierce got aggressive when he stuck his nose into JJ's face and then felt it was ok to talk a bunch of garbage in front of the ref after he was just T'd up 30 seconds earlier

the refs were trying to control the emotion of the game, something that pierce clearly let get the best of him

if the celtics actually try to take it to the rim, i bet they get more calls...but they have to try first and not sit back and wait for calls like you are doing

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: Refs favoring Miami : nonsense wade and lebron's whole is being aggressive...they are both average at best jump shooters but they are probably the 2 best in the world at getting to the basket...its their whole game pierce got aggressive when he stuck his nose into JJ's face and then felt it was ok to talk a bunch of garbage in front of the ref after he was just T'd up 30 seconds earlier the refs were trying to control the emotion of the game, something that pierce clearly let get the best of him if the celtics actually try to take it to the rim, i bet they get more calls...but they have to try first and not sit back and wait for calls like you are doing
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

Nonsense

Wade told PP if he set another screen like that he was going to run through it. PP set not one screen but two screens and Wade should've been called for a foul but wasn't. PP was T'd up for saying something to Wade NOT THE REF. Since when does that happen??

Ok Wade and James take the ball to the basket but I saw BBD, PP and Rondo taking the ball to the basket with no calls and the ball going the other way. Yes the C's must get more aggressive but 68 FTs in 2 games is a lot of FTs and those are only the ones they've called. LOL! If the difference was 68-57 with two aggressive defensive teams I would understand.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

In Response to Re: Refs favoring Miami : Nonsense Wade told PP if he set another screen like that he was going to run through it. PP set not one screen but two screens and Wade should've been called for a foul but wasn't. PP was T'd up for saying something to Wade NOT THE REF. Since when does that happen?? Ok Wade and James take the ball to the basket but I saw BBD, PP and Rondo taking the ball to the basket with no calls and the ball going the other way. Yes the C's must get more aggressive but 68 FTs in 2 games is a lot of FTs and those are only the ones they've called. LOL! If the difference was 68-57 with two aggressive defensive teams I would understand.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Rondo averaged what 2 FT's per game this year. He doesn't draw contact.
    The foul when he put his shoulder into Wade and Wade got the foul call was a joke.
    BBD and Paul don't have to be defended real tight.
    Neither can beat their man to the hoop off of the dribble.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Refs favoring Miami : Nonsense Wade told PP if he set another screen like that he was going to run through it. PP set not one screen but two screens and Wade should've been called for a foul but wasn't. PP was T'd up for saying something to Wade NOT THE REF. Since when does that happen?? Ok Wade and James take the ball to the basket but I saw BBD, PP and Rondo taking the ball to the basket with no calls and the ball going the other way. Yes the C's must get more aggressive but 68 FTs in 2 games is a lot of FTs and those are only the ones they've called. LOL! If the difference was 68-57 with two aggressive defensive teams I would understand.
    Posted by BiasLewis

verbal taunts to that degree have NEVER been allowed

the celtics are taking and not making a ton of jump shots, they dont deserve to get to the line while taking their apprenticeship as bricklayers

Sections
Shortcuts