Refs help will Knicks to the win!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

Refs help will Knicks to the win!

You could tell after that crap call they gave on Marquis Daniels when Anthony was the one shoving that the refs were gonna make sure NY won this game. The NBA is becoming the WWE. So predictable. Also, nice push off by Chandler on Garnett that last inbound. No call there. Where was the flagrant with the elbow Anthony gave Rondo to the face. Very poor calls. At least call a game equal. Gift wrap this one for NY, you know the NBA is pushing for the Knicks to actually do something this year. They need that big market $. Can't be having NY lose in NY on Xmas day. Especially to a team from the always hated on New England. Had to get this off my chest. Ridiculous!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Re: Refs help will Knicks to the win!

same old NBA officiating

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

terrible.

I love this sport but officiating like this makes me sad and wish for the good 'ol days.

Crawford is a joke.

Maybe the Celts shouldn't have got themselves into a big hole with lethargic 1st half play tho? Maybe KG and Allen could have attempted better shots in the final minute?

Either way, if we get a healthy Paul and Pietrus on the court over Pavlovic and Avery... and improve on the 20 mins of good ball we saw 2nd half... then we easily beat this NY team with that terrible guard play and Amare/Melo just taking turns playing iso offense while everyone watches and the refs bail them out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Refs help will Knicks to the win!:
    [QUOTE]terrible. I love this sport but officiating like this makes me sad and wish for the good 'ol days. Crawford is a joke. Maybe the Celts shouldn't have got themselves into a big hole with lethargic 1st half play tho? Maybe KG and Allen could have attempted better shots in the final minute? Either way, if we get a healthy Paul and Pietrus on the court over Pavlovic and Avery... and improve on the 20 mins of good ball we saw 2nd half... then we easily beat this NY team with that terrible guard play and Amare/Melo just taking turns playing iso offense while everyone watches and the refs bail them out.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Crawford is a joke and the league needs to do something about him. So now if you (Pavlovich)even look at him in a way he doesnt like you get a T... its BS...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

I agree rameakrap. Better shot selection was needed, but I just feel even with the shots they took, they should have won this game. I never really knew Carmello was such a dirty player. He definitely gets the "Superstar" treatment from the refs. I am just tired of all the LA, NY crap in all the sports. Guys only wanna play there for the party life. What players need to do is focus more on their sport and not all the drama. I too, miss the older days. These guys that use the buddy system and control where they go is a joke. Wish I could just pick where I wanna work. These guys are getting spoiled and should try a real job earning what an average American makes. Pathetic how sports have turned into this.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

MErry Xmas TO all u CElts fans We are on surfin safari in sunny Mexico Sorry CElts lose today Missed game TY for your words Go Celtics!!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Refs made some bad callls, yes. But does that mean they were conspiring to hand the Knicks the win? Sorry, don't buy it. One last time: the league cares about TV ratings and revenues, not whether the Knicks beat the Celts in the season opener.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]Come on guys, it's just one game. We didn't have Pierce and Pietrus in that game and we just lost by 2 points. Besides, it hurts the NBA more if the Knicks lost. Remember, the NBA is sports entertainment. Imagine how New Yorkers would have felt if they lost to a Celtics team without Paul Pierce. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

yeah..but it still bugs me that a ref can steal away a game just like that..unreal

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]Refs made some bad callls, yes. But does that mean they were conspiring to hand the Knicks the win? Sorry, don't buy it. One last time: the league cares about TV ratings and revenues, not whether the Knicks beat the Celts in the season opener.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

i can see bad calls through the game...but? so many at the end of the game?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

It was not a consipiracy against the Celtics or FOR the Knicks...............it's been going on since the 1970's - The HOME TEAM wins close games.  The visitors have to take it from them.  Ray's last shot was horrible, and KG didn't even try to get to the line.  The same thing will happen on TUES, only it will be worse because they have TWO prima-donnas.....if PP doesn't play, MEBron could get 50!!

The Knicks won becuase it was a close game, and they were the home team - watch the rest of the games and draw your own conclusions!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Some things just never change... The refs and Pierce didn't play. When the Lakers lost to the Clippers in a "preseason game" I never used the Kobe didn't play excuses and no one here mentioned it. Go figure...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

The refs usually decide the game in the NBA and today was no exception. The Celts were robbed by Joey Crawford.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Wish I could just pick where I wanna work. These guys are getting spoiled and should try a real job earning what an average American makes.

Professional athletes are indeed spoiled. You'll get no disagreement from me there. However, unless you work in the military or diplomatic corps, you have more freedom in where you work than they do; professional sports is one of the few jobs where the employees don't always control their own address. In the business world, retail, hospitality, construction, manufacturing, education, white collar, almost anything, you voluntarily apply to the various places where you want to work and then you pick among the ones that submit offers.

If you want to live in Boston, New York, or Atlanta, you can choose to only apply to jobs in those cities, and effectively guarantee that you will be working in one of those cities. Once there, you don't have to worry about uprooting your family and being traded at any time from a middle management position in Atlanta to a secretarial position in Detroit.

Athletes don't have these choices. They do not get to select their first employer. They're contractually bound to them via a draft for up to four years. Once those four years are up, they still don't have a free range of choices because their employer can match any offer a competing employer offers, plus other employers can't offer as much money regardless. Even if you do get top salary through a sign-and-trade, once you finally get to the employer you think you want, you could be traded yet again as soon as three months later. There's no stability, there's no real opportunity to root yourself in a community of your choosing. Imagine waiting the four years to finally pick your own employer, in New York, for example, and then getting traded to Sacramento less than a year later. That doesn't happen in the real world for the bulk of employees.

If I were an athlete, I would gladly exchange full autonomy of where I live and "work," to collect millions of dollars in income and 5 months vacation. But I'm also an objective realist. We do have more choices in where we live and work than athletes do, and that's just a fact. For the vast majority of us, if we really don't want to be somewhere, we don't have to be there. We wouldn't even apply there. We live in the general vicinity of wherever we want and we don't worry about being relocated against our will.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

No excuses, the green just got beat! Well done NY, but this season is far from over.

Dannnnnnnyyyyyy, make a move!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Some things just never change... The refs and Pierce didn't play. When the Lakers lost to the Clippers in a "preseason game" I never used the Kobe didn't play excuses and no one here mentioned it. Go figure...
    Posted by TheNewGKDynasty[/QUOTE]

He played in the first game!!  So, NO excuses today from you?  No Bynum?  No LO?  And, btw, stop lumping all Celtics fans together.  I have not made any excuses.  We played horrible in the first half - and deserved to lose for falling behind by that many.  I will say they cannot beat us in a 7 game series!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Don't get frustrated for one game Geesh. Don't be so hostile. I haven't lump anybody together. LO is not part of the Lakers get over it, I did. I have all the trust in the Lakers management and there was a reason for giving away LO. There will be no excuses from me because the game will be 5 vs 5  and not 5 vs 4. Cheer up Russ there are 65 more games to go. Never been a fan of the conspiracy theories  or Excuses for that matter. I really hate those 2 and when they are together much worse.

Laughing

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The refs made some terrible calls at the end of the game and there is nothing wrong with complaining about it.  I mean really Red Russ, officiating does play a role, to discount is to assess the game incorrectly.

Overall the Celtics looked good and we have a lot to look forward to.

Pavlovic is not one of them.  He looked awful.  Garnett seems immune to going inside to position himself on offense.  That is troubling if Doc sees him playing center.

PP will open things up though and KG and Ray will get many better opportunities.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rasdidy. Show rasdidy's posts

Can't wait for Pierce to come back sasha pavlovic just plain terrible.Every time he was in the game it was four against five.I rather see jeff green play with his bad heart than Sasha lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Pavlovic is a beast.....well that's what red said anyway.

Ugh!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lakerstroll. Show Lakerstroll's posts

It was an excellent officiated game. The refs were really sharp today.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]The refs made some terrible calls at the end of the game and there is nothing wrong with complaining about it.  I mean really Red Russ, officiating does play a role, to discount is to assess the game incorrectly. Overall the Celtics looked good and we have a lot to look forward to. Pavlovic is not one of them.  He looked awful.  Garnett seems immune to going inside to position himself on offense.  That is troubling if Doc sees him playing center. PP will open things up though and KG and Ray will get many better opportunities.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about?  Where did I discount the officiating in this game. It was terrible.   We were the visitor, so we get no calls.   But we also had several people not play well.  Bradley, Dooling, Daniels AND Sasha.  To say we looked good is to not assess the game correctly.  We looked good at times only!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]It was an excellent officiated game. The refs were really sharp today.
    Posted by Lakerstroll[/QUOTE]

Are you still here - no one reads your posts anymore anyway.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Pavlovic is a beast.....well that's what red said anyway. Ugh!
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

I was against the signing, what are you talking about?  He was terrible!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Refs help will Knicks to the win!:
    [QUOTE]You could tell after that crap call they gave on Marquis Daniels when Anthony was the one shoving that the refs were gonna make sure NY won this game. The NBA is becoming the WWE. So predictable. Also, nice push off by Chandler on Garnett that last inbound. No call there. Where was the flagrant with the elbow Anthony gave Rondo to the face. Very poor calls. At least call a game equal. Gift wrap this one for NY, you know the NBA is pushing for the Knicks to actually do something this year. They need that big market $. Can't be having NY lose in NY on Xmas day. Especially to a team from the always hated on New England. Had to get this off my chest. Ridiculous!
    Posted by nightrider495[/QUOTE]

first, let me start by saying in no way is Melo a dirty player..he obviously didnt mean to hit Rondo in the face and clearly looked concerned that he did so. im not buting that crap..flagrant? come on. neways, Joey Crawford is the worst ref i have seen in any sport..ever. He is so obsessed with having his name have something to do with the outcome. the technicals on JO and PAV were RIDICULOUS..and the last play that sent melo to the line was crazy..it was all ball..everyone knew it. 

big call to make at that time, but we should know this happens by now..oh well..on to the nxt one.

Sections
Shortcuts