Reggie Evans, Keith Bogans included in package for Pierce and KG

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Reggie Evans, Keith Bogans included in package for Pierce and KG

Adrian Wojnarowski: Celtics, Nets deal has reached ownership level, league source tells Y! Jason Terry joins Pierce and Garnett in package, source says. Twitter @WojYahooNBA

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Reggie Evans, Keith Bogans included in package for Pierce and KG

Yay! More trash!

Actually, I'm sure Boston will love Evans... you'd think that BKN would want to keep him

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4413148. Show user_4413148's posts

The picks are in 2014, 2016 and 2018...so nothing will come out of this for 2 years and they have to take Wallace horrible contract. I don't know if I like or hate the trade. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

I love the trade, either way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

THE DUKE ....well, that would give them 2 picks in the  loaded 2014 draft....and ours should be a lottery pick...so that could mean two studs going into the 2014/15 season.....that in itself could be a good thing...

then two number ones in 2015 and 2016, one in 2017, and two in 2018...

so over the next six drafts  (starting tonight) they could have 10 first round picks (if my math is correct).....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Look folks when you tear it down, you tear it down. We aren't going to get much better than this. As long as we aren't taking on long term deals, all these players can be moved again. It doesn't mean we have to keep the picks or players...they are just pieces.

The Nets will be loaded for 2 years and will be in luxury tax h3!!.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

That team will win a lot and the draft picks very low.  I just don't see it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

Oh yes!!! Reggie Evans and Keith Bogans! Hoorayyy!

You know giving someone a truckload of garbage is no better than giving them a couple bags of garbage.

And the 2014 draft isn't loaded to the point of getting an all-star in the late 20s, it's loaded from pick 1 to 4 or 5.   So if we Tank (which it looks like is happening) and end up with the 9th pick the Celts would have shot themselves in the foot for years to come.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

so IF ths trade goes down as it's now being talked about

Celtics roster would be:

C-Melo

PF- Bass

PF- Sullinger

PF- Humphries

PF- R. Evans

SF- Green

SF- Wallace

SF- Shengalia

SF/SG- Bogans

SG- Lee

SG- Crawford

SG/PG- Bradley

PG- Rondo

#16 pick in the draft tonight

did I miss anyone?

no center

No BU point

Glut of PF's

extra SG

Ainger will earn that "trader Danny" handle beore the season starts if this goes down I bet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9429958/sources-brooklyn-nets-seek-trade-boston-celtics-kevin-garnett-paul-pierce

5 for 3...seems like alot of PF and SF on the c's, but no center or backup PG. 

C's have to swing another deal or two to move a few contracts like Bass and/or cut the bottom feeders to even have room on the staff for the additions.  Any deal out there for a Lee/Bass type trade for a SG or C?  Who is a big with a 10m+ contract that is "overpaid" out there.  Especially if 1or 2 years left on their deal?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

You forgot DJ White and Randolph.  2 more PF's.  They are both minimum guys, but both have another year on their deals.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Bad trade. Wallace is under contract for longer than anyone the Celtics would be giving up! Plus the Nets would be a solid playoff team which means the draft picks coming back would be in the 20s. Also, I'm not convinced that the Celtics' own pick would be in the lottery. Any team with Rondo, Green, and Sullinger will at least be in contention for the No. 7-8 spot in the Eastern Conference. The East is very weak after Miami and Indiana.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9429958/sources-brooklyn-nets-seek-trade-boston-celtics-kevin-garnett-paul-pierce

5 for 3...seems like alot of PF and SF on the c's, but no center or backup PG. 

C's have to swing another deal or two to move a few contracts like Bass and/or cut the bottom feeders to even have room on the staff for the additions.  Any deal out there for a Lee/Bass type trade for a SG or C?  Who is a big with a 10m+ contract that is "overpaid" out there.  Especially if 1or 2 years left on their deal?

Okafor- $14M

Bargani- $10.7 )option for the next season though)

Biedrens- $9M

Gortat-$7.7M

S. Hawes-$6.5M

thats all the Centers I could find with one year left over $5M

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

This would be a great deal if we didnt have to take on g wallace contract. Man, has he declined. He was  a great glue guy (defender,rebounder, decent scorer). WE HAVE TO GET THEM TO TAKE LEE OR TERRY if we are taking on that contract. 

With that said,  if we can dump terry/lee its still a good return. 3 1st's. Ill take that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:

You forgot DJ White and Randolph.  2 more PF's.  They are both minimum guys, but both have another year on their deals.

I didn't forget about them...LOL.

not T. "I don;t need to permit" Williams.

send them to LA with Doc....for a ham sandwich and some dorito's...we get the best of that deal!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bogans and Evan don't match up to half KG's salary let alone PP's.  I heard Humphires and Wallace were in the package not Evans.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jacqm64. Show jacqm64's posts

I would do this deal in a heartbeat. I don't see another deal that's better. I love the comments and one sided deals for the Celtics... 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Wallace talents dropped off more than Terrys and he's owed 20 not 10 million. Evans just seems to play well against us. I don't hate Humphries but, I don't like him either. Boggans is OK. Many picks but thats only as good as what you get to choose from. I'd rather go with PP & KG amnesty JT and try and get D Harris and Delembert in FA. This deal sounds better on paper than on court.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Evans and boggans are for jason terry

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd rather pay Wallace 30.3 million than Terry 10.8 million.

Wallace is still young enough to have value to contenders who need players who can defend Durant, LeBron, Deng, George and Melo. His season avg's went down but he came up big in the playoffs and big games and someone might see that, and if rested on a tanking Celtics team they could move him for yet another pick or young player at the deadline.

Sections
Shortcuts