Remember that time Rondo recorded 19 assists without a single turnover?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from solich8. Show solich8's posts

Re: Remember that time Rondo recorded 19 assists without a single turnover?

Yeah, I remember that time when Rondo went for 44, 10, and 8 boards, and tried super hard not to win that payoff game against the Heat, but he instead really wanted and succeeded in getting into overtime so he could pad his stats even more.  He was dominating the Hell out of the ball that night that it secretly made Paul, KG, and Ray detest him, and resulted in Ray bolting out of Boston.  Celtic Nation is much better with Avery running the point as Avery will never want to dominate the ball that would result in a 20 assist night. Avery average maybe 3 assists a game and that is a true indication of a great pg not dominating the ball!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to solich8's comment:

Yeah, I remember that time when Rondo went for 44, 10, and 8 boards, and tried super hard not to win that payoff game against the Heat, but he instead really wanted and succeeded in getting into overtime so he could pad his stats even more.  He was dominating the Hell out of the ball that night that it secretly made Paul, KG, and Ray detest him, and resulted in Ray bolting out of Boston.  Celtic Nation is much better with Avery running the point as Avery will never want to dominate the ball that would result in a 20 assist night. Avery average maybe 3 assists a game and that is a true indication of a great pg not dominating the ball!

ur kidding about this, i think. This isnt a serious post, is it?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:

Remember when he led us to a losing regular season record to pad his assist stats, and remember when he stopped playing defense to pad his rebound and steals stats?

And what season was that?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:

In response to RSPCB73's comment:

I wonder if RR has some incriminating or deeply embarassing pictures of Doc, KG and PP (among others) who appear to think the world of him in public.  Reading some of the comments on RR, it looks like we have a lot of posters who have spent a lot of time in C's huddles and locker-room, and have had 1-1 dinners with DA, Doc, KG, PP and others where they have unloaded their true feelings about RR!

What we have on this board are some want-to-be psychologist who over analyze situations and stretch facts their way. It's amazing how folks say KG can work miracles with players they would like to come here who have questionable character, but I guess he can't straighten out Rondo.  Hmmmm it doesn't add up.

The bottom line is the team has had a lot of injuries and started slow, righted the ship, went into a slump and are limping into the playoffs and will be bounced in the first round.

DA is a liar because he kept PP, KG, and RA together too long and rebuilding will not be easy with the new CBA.  KG and PP should come off the bench and JG and JS should start.  We need a 6'11" or bigger banger down low.

psychology has nothing to to do with it, the facts are the facts. Rondo's image is the most important thing to Rondo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

In response to ktronic's comment:

Remember when he led us to a losing regular season record to pad his assist stats, and remember when he stopped playing defense to pad his rebound and steals stats?

Da! this season!

And what season was that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

My favorite was the genius who accused Rondo of being a selfish player by passing so much.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to johconn's comment:

In response to R9R's comment:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rajon_Rondo

All you haters can hate. I miss Rondo.

i love that dude! like when avery is out, he's the greatest player ever and when rondo's out, it's good riddance. i'll never forget game 6 of the finals when he tore at the lakers from the off...fisher nearly coughed up a lung.

I also remember the 3 point, 3 assist stinker he put up in an earlier losing effort in that same series. Yes, he finally put up a manly effort in a closeout game when he was merely a blip on the league's radar. Ever since that game he's shrunk in every closeout game available. And the sniffers' say he's growing. No wonder he never smiles and keeps his head covered w/ a towel all the time. I guess that's why haters' hate and sniffers' sniff. Breath deep my closet haters'. Us real Haters' do it out in the open w/ no towel over our heads'. Along w/ the accouterments of the circle, that will look good on ya...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:

i love that dude! like when avery is out, he's the greatest player ever and when rondo's out, it's good riddance. i'll never forget game 6 of the finals when he tore at the lakers from the off...fisher nearly coughed up a lung.

I also remember the 3 point, 3 assist stinker he put up in an earlier losing effort in that same series. Yes, he finally put up a manly effort in a closeout game when he was merely a blip on the league's radar. Ever since that game he's shrunk in every closeout game available. And the sniffers' say he's growing. No wonder he never smiles and keeps his head covered w/ a towel all the time. I guess that's why haters' hate and sniffers' sniff. Breath deep my closet haters'. Us real Haters' do it out in the open w/ no towel over our heads'. Along w/ the accouterments of the circle, that will look good on ya...

What's an accouterment? Does that have something to do with the Duke's of Hazard?  So a sniffer is a closet hater?  why don't sniffers like closets? Why do you not like to spell the word "with"? It seems like the w/ thing takes almost as long.

I agree with you on the no smile thing.  Good players smile a lot. Some even giggle.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

I know right?

People here can totally tell pretty much everything Rondo thinks just from watching him on TV.  Its wild.

Well, remember, some of them get to listen in the huddle.

No, some watch all the games, and listen to the coaches interviews, and the players interviews. Others just watch what they want, and drink the Celtic's marketing koolaid. It is all there if you are willing to look.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I know right?

People here can totally tell pretty much everything Rondo thinks just from watching him on TV.  Its wild.

No, some watch all the games, and listen to the coaches interviews, and the players interviews. Others just watch what they want, and drink the Celtic's marketing koolaid. It is all there if you are willing to look.

What do the coaches and players say about Rondo?

I don't pay much attention  but I would love to know.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

In response to jdm894g's comment:

In response to RSPCB73's comment:

I wonder if RR has some incriminating or deeply embarassing pictures of Doc, KG and PP (among others) who appear to think the world of him in public.  Reading some of the comments on RR, it looks like we have a lot of posters who have spent a lot of time in C's huddles and locker-room, and have had 1-1 dinners with DA, Doc, KG, PP and others where they have unloaded their true feelings about RR!

What we have on this board are some want-to-be psychologist who over analyze situations and stretch facts their way. It's amazing how folks say KG can work miracles with players they would like to come here who have questionable character, but I guess he can't straighten out Rondo.  Hmmmm it doesn't add up.

The bottom line is the team has had a lot of injuries and started slow, righted the ship, went into a slump and are limping into the playoffs and will be bounced in the first round.

DA is a liar because he kept PP, KG, and RA together too long and rebuilding will not be easy with the new CBA.  KG and PP should come off the bench and JG and JS should start.  We need a 6'11" or bigger banger down low.

true. i just dont understand how people take players words and opinions and accept them, UNTIL it is about Rondo, then everyones lying. Everyones a liar. Danny Ainge is a liar. Doc's a liar. Jason Terry's a liar. KG's a liar. PP is a liar. Avery Bradley's a liar. Keyon Dooling is a liar. Kendrick Perkins is a liar. Shaq is a liar. M. Pietrus is a liar. And of course, Rondo himself is a liar. 

the funny thing is, if these guys said the same thing about Jeff Green, everyone would flock and be all over it, talking about how great of a player and person he is, even tho HE TOO wears the empty expression on his face the majority of the time.

No, it is marketing koolaid. It does no one any good to tear down a company asset in public. Whether that person is Ray Allen, Rondo, or someone else, that person has has value as a player, as a trade chip, or for the image of the organization. When have you ever heard Danny or Doc tear down a company asset. It would be a stupid thing to do.

If you go back to the Houston game, in the first half, Rondo's man was winning the game almost single handedly, In the second half, Rondo played defense. In his post game interview, Terry game Pierce the game ball for stepping in at half time and telling a player to listen to Doc, he is trying to coach. That player was arguing with Doc at the time. No specific name was mentioned, but it is hard to imagine anyone but Rondo arguing with Doc at that time.

While these are just examples of Rondo's efforts this year, they represent an obvious trend that is there for everyone to see, if you just look without the rose colored glasses.

This is not the NCAA where coaches are like gods. This is the NBA, a players league, where stars, many tiimes, have more clout that coaches. Coaches can be replaced more easily.

As Doc has said, all NBA stars want to win the championship, but most are not willing to do what it takes. They want to win on their own terms. Rondo wants to win, but he must be the star. That may change moving forward, or it may not.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

What's an accouterment? Does that have something to do with the Duke's of Hazard?  So a sniffer is a closet hater?  why don't sniffers like closets? Why do you not like to spell the word "with"? It seems like the w/ thing takes almost as long.

I agree with you on the no smile thing.  Good players smile a lot. Some even giggle.

I see what's on your netflix loop. That explains much.  Not appreciating a fine word like accouterment  makes me think Pud is right about your writing proclivities, i.e. children's fantasies. Do you draw as well? If so, we may have to take you more seriously. A writer of serious import. You may as well give up now. You can't possible hang. Good luck trying, though. And Monkey trainer's giggle w/ girlish glee!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

As Doc has said, all NBA stars want to win the championship, but most are not willing to do what it takes. They want to win on their own terms. Rondo wants to win, but he must be the star. That may change moving forward, or it may not.

It is simply unrealistic to believe that R9R can ever subdue his own  ego for the good of any team.  That's why he fell into the 20's on draft night 2006 and that insecurity will limit him to a single ring, won as a role player surrounded by vast amounts of talent.

He may be an overachiever based on draft pick but he is an underachiever based on the unprecedented amount of talent he has  had the opportunity/privilege  to play beside.

His personal accomplishments, more important to him than anything, always come at the expense of the team.

He is above all a TAKER, not a MAKER.

And that ladies and gents is who Rajon Rondo is...  always has been.... and always will be.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I see what's on your netflix loop. That explains much.  Not appreciating a fine word like accouterment  makes me think Pud is right about your writing proclivities, i.e. children's fantasies. Do you draw as well? If so, we may have to take you more seriously. A writer of serious import. You may as well give up now. You can't possible hang. Good luck trying, though. And Monkey trainer's giggle w/ girlish glee!

You spelled it wrong.

"accouterment". Seriously. and then when I pointed it out you still didn't get it.

If you are going to try and impress people then be impressive.

Boy is your face red.

It is kind of adorable that you think about what I do for a living so much.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

You spelled it wrong.

"accouterment". Seriously. and then when I pointed it out you still didn't get it.

If you are going to try and impress people then be impressive.

Boy is your face red.

It is kind of adorable that you think about what I do for a living so much.

There are actually two ways of spelling that word. As an alleged writer/wordsmith(of letters and such) you missed a golden opportunity to show us how smart you are. In this case, just by half. I tried to warn you but you had to go and show off your unawares. In this instance, you may want to quit your day job...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

why the obsession with my job? I can promise you I don't care what you do. 

It is adorable that once I said " I write so I am stuck on the computer all day" and months later it still rattles in your head.

I think it's really cute that you think about it so. If you want to buy my book send me a message. Believe me my writing sytle has nothing to do with being a man of letters. Not even a tad.

You just made that assumption yourself.

I had never read acouterments spelled that way.  So thats cool.

love ya.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

It is adorable that once I said " I write so I am stuck on the computer all day" and months later it still rattles in your head.

I think it's really cute that you think about it so. If you want to buy my book send me a message. Believe me my writing sytle has nothing to do with being a man of letters. Not even a tad.

love ya.

What's really cool is that you responded to my post and then left w/ egg on your face & your tail between your legs. You can't say I didn't warn you. Get over your obsession, man. Here's hoping your next book is a well received pictorial. Daisy Duke awaits...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

love ya.

What's really cool is that you responded to my post and then left w/ egg on your face & your tail between your legs. You can't say I didn't warn you. Get over your obsession, man. Here's hoping your next book is a well received pictorial. Daisy Duke awaits...

Somehow you still haven't figured out that all I am trying to do is wind you up and I am laughing the whole time. This stuff is fun for me. I was just looking for a reaction boo. Thanks.

As far as the writing thing goes drop me a message. Your curiosity about what I write could be solved quite simply. Unless you want to keep trying to insult me just because I happen to write for a living. Which seem like an odd thing to do. It's just a job dude.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

My favorite was the genius who accused Rondo of being a selfish player by passing so much.

Cute response. Passing as the clock runs out is not profitable in regards to wins. When one dominates the ball and the team continues to lose, the result becomes obvious.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

I know right?

Koolaid Koolaid tastes great, love to have some, can't wait!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

It is simply unrealistic to believe that R9R can ever subdue his own  ego for the good of any team.  That's why he fell into the 20's on draft night 2006 and that insecurity will limit him to a single ring, won as a role player surrounded by vast amounts of talent.

He may be an overachiever based on draft pick but he is an underachiever based on the unprecedented amount of talent he has  had the opportunity/privilege  to play beside.

His personal accomplishments, more important to him than anything, always come at the expense of the team.

He is above all a TAKER, not a MAKER.

And that ladies and gents is who Rajon Rondo is...  always has been.... and always will be.

Pud

I don't disagree with what you have said. However, I am an optimist at heart, and I hope that he can change. In any case Danny will trade him, if he does not change.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

love ya.

Somehow you still haven't figured out that all I am trying to do is wind you up and I am laughing the whole time. This stuff is fun for me. I was just looking for a reaction boo. Thanks.

As far as the writing thing goes drop me a message. Your curiosity about what I write could be solved quite simply. Unless you want to keep trying to insult me just because I happen to write for a living. Which seem like an odd thing to do. It's just a job dude.

I'm merely pointing out the irony of how words fail you. Your constant state of befuddlement is also quite entertaining. You came @ me thinking you had me dead to rights and you failed. Just like I called it. I was the one left laughing! And boy was it hardy. Your apparent laughter was so hard that even you turned red. Which is quite an accomplishment by the way. Good luck w/ the pics...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I know right?

Koolaid Koolaid tastes great, love to have some, can't wait!

I waa being serious. You said you got your opinions from what coaches and players said about Rondo. So what do they say? I am not sure what koolaid has to do with anything.  

were you just making what you said up?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

love ya.

I'm merely pointing out the irony of how words fail you. Your constant state of befuddlement is also quite entertaining. You came @ me thinking you had me dead to rights and you failed. Just like I called it. I was the one left laughing! And boy was it hardy. Your apparent laughter was so hard that even you turned red. Which is quite an accomplishment by the way. Good luck w/ the pics...

no dude. I was laughing too.  If you think I am "constantly befuddled" then I am doing my job a lot better than I think I am. " I thought  had you dead to rights and I failed"? 

Oh. I thought I made an offhand comment because I was messing around. You are the only one that takes this battle seriously. We are talking about Rondo and the spelling of accouterment. This isn't the battle to the death that you seem to think it is.

Like I said since you are so curious about my profession message me. I think you would find what I do quite amusing. I know me mentioning the fact that I am a writer has made you think I am bragging. I am not sure why that is. It's just a job.  If you have some sort of complex around someone who is a writer being a "man of letters" that is on you.

Always a pleasure.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

This isn't the battle to the death that you seem to think it is.

Certainly not. Not now.

Try changing your name to dead_man_writing or zhyte4brains.

That'll work.

Pud

Sections
Shortcuts