Remember this Date, Bandwagon Jumpers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Remember this Date, Bandwagon Jumpers

Remember these dates, March 26, 27, & 28.

These are the dates that all of you bandwagon jumpers, you fair-weather fans, you prognosticators of doom, you who panicked and claimed the C's were done, finished, through, jumped ship and gave up on our team! 

The nadir of the C's season, the time when they struggled the most.  You gave up on them. You attacked them.  You showed your true colors.

We know who you are, it's on the record, right here on this forum.

Don't come around later as bona-fide fans when the C's go on deep into the playoffs.  We know that you are nothing but EIO's rather than fans, a bunch of No Nothings who tried to brow beat others into believing in your negativity.

You have been exposed.

We know who you are, and we know where to find you.  

-

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Remember this Date, Bandwagon Jumpers

In Response to Remember this Date, Bandwagon Jumpers:
    Remember these dates, March 26, 27, & 28.   These are the dates that all of you bandwagon jumpers, you fair-weather fans, you prognosticators of doom, you who panicked and claimed the C's were done, finished, through, jumped ship and gave up on our team!  The nadir of the C's season, the time when they struggled the most.  You gave up on them. You attacked them.  You showed your true colors. We know who you are, it's on the record, right here on this forum. Don't come around later as bona-fide fans when the C's go on deep into the playoffs.  We know that you are nothing but EIO's rather than fans, a bunch of No Nothings who tried to brow beat others into believing in your negativity. You have been exposed. We know who you are, and we know where to find you.   -
    Posted by RajonRondowski

Isn't this the same poster who gave up on the NBA, trashed Stern, trashed the refs, trashed the owners, trashed the players, raised the spectre that organized crime was pulling the strings to fix the games... all in a very public way here at BDC.. in order to bring integrity to an utterly corrupt sport... in the now defunct "Tainted Championship" thread after the 2010 finals fiasco???

The same poster?

And now he has the cojones to do an about face and school the rest of the board on good sportsmanship and the need for staying positive in the midst of a bit of adversity... when he showed none himself, finding conspiracies behind every attempt to reign in his craziness, attacking everyone in sight who dared to disagreed with him?

The very same poster?

Pud 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Weasel at your own risk. 

Use all the considerable verbiage at your command, cast aspersions at will, but as always, it is much ado about nothing, all strum and drang, smoke and mirrors.

Obfuscation only serves to illustrate one thing:  the doom and gloomers want to now avoid the topic of their own behavior.  Their own over-blown prognostications of doom and gloom and failure.

-

Scumbag & Crapoola:  Lawyers at Large -- We represent Negative Nellies.

-

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Remember these dates, March 26, 27, & 28.   These are the dates that all of you bandwagon jumpers, you fair-weather fans, you prognosticators of doom, you who panicked and claimed the C's were done, finished, through, jumped ship and gave up on our team!  The nadir of the C's season, the time when they struggled the most.  You gave up on them. You attacked them.  You showed your true colors. We know who you are, it's on the record, right here on this forum. Don't come around later as bona-fide fans when the C's go on deep into the playoffs.  We know that you are nothing but EIO's rather than fans, a bunch of No Nothings who tried to brow beat others into believing in your negativity. You have been exposed. We know who you are, and we know where to find you.   -
    Posted by RajonRondowski

Spoken like a true sunshine pumper. Actually, I thought it would be P34 (or whichever identity Sybil uses now) that would be the first on his soapbox.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

If cheerleading is all you are looking for, perhaps a message board is not the place. There is going to be discussion here whether you like it or not.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I will not be surprised to see the Celtics play much better.  They have three great hall of fame players. I am not blindly loyal. I just love the Celtics.  I hate being called out Rondowski, but I am very disappointed and angry with the plans DA made because of the trade.  Shaq should not have been counted on.  I thought it would be required to make a trade so dramatic in scope they needed to be sure they had a replacement for Perkins.

A gamble like this is not in order unless you can count on your replacements.
    This team had no business playing with the narrow window (this year and maybe next) and risking what has happened. I hope I am wrong, to see the Bulls and Lakers playing well it is hard to take.

But Blind loyalty does not appeal to me.  I have seen it on the Red Sox BB and it is always a bullying and dumb approach.

I choose to remember your "tainted championship" thread as the best and most valid thread that I have read on this BB. 

We better play better or this will be the hardest season we have ever had to live with.  Why Doc signed off on the moves made with Shaq a huge question mark is a great mystery.

Watch the recent installment of the Association on ESPN and you will have no doubt that something was wrong with the team chemistry just after the trade.  I did not know this until I saw it.  It is shocking to see.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Posted by RajonRondowski

Ski...I'll try to express myself as just not a fair weather fan but unless the fairy waves her magic wand, this team as it is now, will not advance beyond the first or second round. Watching NCAA games I heard Barkley say that having a choice of two excellent players, one an ability to shoot a high % of jump shots and the other, good at putting in layups/dunks, he prefers the latter. And I agree. We did it last year with the combination of both, Big 3 for outside shooting & Perk under the basket. And went to game 7 but, alas, no Perk and lost the critical rebound battle as we shot a higher % than LA but their extra chances killed us. (yup, hate to bring up old wounds but even with disparity in foul shots, we'd have won with more rebounds).

Teams that are more than just competitive have one of two things, and hopefully, both.  A strong presence in the paint or a superstar G or F.  Let me address the latter first, Bulls have Rose, most definitely a superstar & perhaps MVP this year but are not exceptional under the paint. The Magic & Mavs, on the other hand, don't have, in my opinion, superstars other than Howard and Nowitski(who is a PF & Center) but they are terrific under the basket. The Spurs have Duncan in the paint & then Ginobli & Parker, both guards and although not youngsters, they are still stars. The Thunder have superstars, Durant & Westbrook...both very young...and now Perk foir "D" & rebounds.

But the real stickout and I hate them but they are 14-1 since the allstar break  have the best of both worlds with 3 very good players in the paint, Gasol, Bynum & Odom, & , of course, Kobe, the very best, I think, since Michael Jordan. 

Now we come to us. Yup, we have the BIG 3 & won in 2008 with them and Perk, of course, not for offense but good defense. That same team almost won last year except we'll never know about Game 7 if Perk were not injured.  As a long time Celtic fan still smarting from Game 7 and disparity in foul shots, I feel that being out rebounded killed us too & with Perk that wouldn't have happened. Rasheed, in my opinion, was not a power center who liked to dunk the ball. He like Garnett was mostly a jump shooter and at times felt he was a 3 pt shooter like Pierce & Allen. I'd have preferred muscle in the paint.  So, we still have our 3 stars but they, as happens to all of us who age, have lost a step or two & we do not dominate in the paint. If we shoot 50% + we need not worry so much about rebounds, but if not, we need them.  Lakers shot a pathetic 32% in Game 7 but dominance of rebounds allowed them extra chances. We do not have that luxury when we have poor shooting nights so as I titled this post, I end it with WE MUST HAVE SHAQ AND JON, ALBEIT NOT ESSENTIAL, WOULD BE A BIG HELP TOO, ESPECIALLY WHEN SHAQ FOULS OUT !!!

PS...apparently from a coach(paisano too) who knew something about winning & it seems didn't believe in bumps in the road and slumps,  here's a couple of   quotes from Lombardi that could apply to the unimportance or importance of our team not winning now:

"Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing."

" If you can accept losing, you can't win."                      

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

In Response to Re: Remember this Date, Bandwagon Jumpers:
    In Response to Re: Remember this Date, Bandwagon Jumpers : Come on, don't talk like that! If there's anyone in the NBA who's an expert on where the sun don't shine it's Kobe Bryant. I mean the whole of Colorado think so.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Sun dont shine = "We aint coming back to L.A" - Paul Pierce

" I don't think Kobe's the best player in the world, I think I am" - Paul Pierce

" Our starting five has never lost a series" - Doc Rivers

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Remember this Date, Bandwagon Jumpers : Sun dont shine = " We aint coming back to L.A" - Paul Pierce " I don't think Kobe's the best player in the world, I think I am" - Paul Pierce " Our starting five has never lost a series" - Doc Rivers HAHAHAHAHAHA.
    Posted by Laker-Nation32

NOT what he said:

http://globalbasketnews.wordpress.com/2008/08/01/paul-pierce-im-the-best-player-in-the-world/
    bye!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

I will not be surprised to see the Celtics play much better.  They have three great hall of fame players. I am not blindly loyal. I just love the Celtics.  I hate being called out Rondowski, but I am very disappointed and angry with the plans DA made because of the trade.  Shaq should not have been counted on.  I thought it would be required to make a trade so dramatic in scope they needed to be sure they had a replacement for Perkins. A gamble like this is not in order unless you can count on your replacements. This team had no business playing with the narrow window (this year and maybe next) and risking what has happened. I hope I am wrong, to see the Bulls and Lakers playing well it is hard to take. But Blind loyalty does not appeal to me.  I have seen it on the Red Sox BB and it is always a bullying and dumb approach. I choose to remember your "tainted championship" thread as the best and most valid thread that I have read on this BB.  We better play better or this will be the hardest season we have ever had to live with.  Why Doc signed off on the moves made with Shaq a huge question mark is a great mystery. Watch the recent installment of the Association on ESPN and you will have no doubt that something was wrong with the team chemistry just after the trade.  I did not know this until I saw it.  It is shocking to see.

Posted by concord27

-

We're not far apart as to how we think, and I'm not calling out fans who criticize the C's poor play or who try to break it down and understand it. 

I'm calling out all the bandwagon-jumpers who declare (IN ALL CAPS - BOLD) in total panic that the team's chances are dead:  these types of over-the-top negative attacks on players and on the team are short-sighted and irritating to me as well as a lot of other people who like to come here to discuss their team.

You've seen the panic after each and every regular season loss, right?  Now the total panic and negativity during a slump?  Where's the support for the team.

I see mostly angry, spiteful rhetoric that sound as if it's coming from "haters" not from fans.

These same types then get on with the personal attacks and the ridicule of anyone who does not agree with them.

Unfortunately many of these types, not all, are ill-informed and have an incomplete understanding of the topic.  They are more like EIO's* whose self-esteem takes a hit when they team they claim to be fans of does poorly.

I've got no problem with discussing the team and their troubles in an intelligent manner, but the over-the-top-negativity got to be the prevailing rhetoric and more reasonable posters left the board or stopped posting because the negative nellies try to shout people down.

There many good posters here who offer legitimate criticism without the prognostications of doom and gloom, and with them I have no problem whatever.  I enjoy reading intelligent analyses by someone who knows their stuff.

I know how deep the C's troubles go right now, I'm no L'il Ms Sunshine: it will be a struggle the rest of the way but I will support them as long as they don't give up and play with heart and determination and try to pull out of this funk.

Attacking them with negativity is not supporting them.  As far as I know, this site is for Celtic fans, and fans should be supporting their team, and not with blinders on, either but with eyes wide open and aware of the challenges. 

There is no reason to be so negative and panicky if you are a fan.  That is not supporting your team. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

If cheerleading is all you are looking for, perhaps a message board is not the place. There is going to be discussion here whether you like it or not.
    Posted by FlobusMcNugget

you call this a discuession? a bunch of impatient fans with zero perspective and apparently short memories too after watching last season filling this board with white flags? thats not a discussion.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

In Response to Re: Remember this Date, Bandwagon Jumpers : you call this a discuession? a bunch of impatient fans with zero perspective and apparently short memories too after watching last season filling this board with white flags? thats not a discussion.

Posted by btownteamsrking

-

I'm glad you and I are in complete unanimity on this subject.

The trouble is not enough of us like-minded people show up and speak up to expose the negative nellies who want to ransack the board with their inane negativity.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

In Response to Re: Remember this Date, Bandwagon Jumpers : - I'm glad you and I are in complete unanimity on this subject. The trouble is not enough of us like-minded people show up and speak up to expose the negative nellies who want to ransack the board with their inane negativity.
    Posted by RajonRondowski

as bad the celtics are playing right now, the panic of the fans makes me feel so much worse. I thought we were better than this. all they do is panic and fill this board with giving up garbage with the same OLD TIRED (see what i did there) lines.

heres my complaints.

Green needs to be the #1 option off the bench. sasha needs to never play. 

but lets face it, it comes down to Rondo being himself and dishng out 15+ assists per game. It comes down to Shaq being ready to dominate on the inside. and lastly, how well West, Green, and Davis can fuel this team off the bench.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Ummm...Rondowski: You can be a fan of the team and at the same time realize that they are toast this year. I know that is enlightening for you, but try to embed that fact in your memory banks. Unfortunately, this team, for a variety of reasons, is not winning a ring this year. They will not even make it out of the east.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

Why do a few Boston fans bring up Kobe and Colorado? I guess they have nothing else to throw at the L.A. guard. The last I read, it is not illegal for a married man to fool around. As for the woman accusing Bryant of rape, when the physical exam was completed, she had semen from 3 different men, none from Kobe. That fact alone killed the criminal charges. It was always about extorting money from a famous black athlete.

As for the trials and tribulations of the Celtics, I do hope that Shaq can make it back because this same poster will start yet another imbecilic thread, calling it, "Another tainted championship" with a rambling excuse about missing Shaq. :(

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I was discouraged by the Perk trade and i'm still not sure it was the right move, but I'm keeping an open mind because this is not a team you write off. There is still no reason why they can't have an excellent postseason. I get a bit surprised at how emotional some of the folks on the board get - well, not emotional, but writing off the team based on a bad loss or a series of bad losses. Or, handing out rings if they liked the trade. Play it out, stay the course, go green.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Not that I have to answer to the original OP or even agree with his megalo fan joy...but I maintain that the Celtics can still win it all IF Shaq comes back and they all remain healthy and the key weakness of the team, Rajon Rondo, plays better basketball (fewer turnovers, better jump shot accuracy, better free throw percentage, better defense, eliminate end of clock boneheaded plays, plays with more energy and exibits consistency and more mature leadership).  We can't win playing 4 against 5.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

In Response to Re: Remember this Date, Bandwagon Jumpers : you call this a discuession? a bunch of impatient fans with zero perspective and apparently short memories too after watching last season filling this board with white flags? thats not a discussion.
    Posted by btownteamsrking

You're right. That is not a discussion, that is a difference of opinion. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

I was discouraged by the Perk trade and i'm still not sure it was the right move, but I'm keeping an open mind because this is not a team you write off. There is still no reason why they can't have an excellent postseason. I get a bit surprised at how emotional some of the folks on the board get - well, not emotional, but writing off the team based on a bad loss or a series of bad losses. Or, handing out rings if they liked the trade. Play it out, stay the course, go green.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

I am still disappointed that Perk was traded.  If the Celtics had resigned Tony Allen, this trade never would have happened.  He has had a good season and would have been an adequate backup to Pierce.   Their would have no reason to find a backup to Pierce after the injury to Marquis if TA was still with the Celtics.  I also believe if Rasheed hadn't retired he would have been better than Jermaine.  Of course, it is possible that Rasheed would have been injured also.  We will never know what could have been, but a healthy Rasheed would have a much better choice than an injured Jermaine. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegasredsox. Show vegasredsox's posts

Are you kidding we are not bandwagon fans we just know more about basketball than you and are willing to say Danny screwed us from having a championship team to having a average team that if they get out of the first round they will be very lucky and dont say he did it for the future there is no future in green, kristic, big baby and rondo that is a very poor team, learn the game then speak your mind until then shut up and suffer with the rest of us mr. RajonRondowski

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

Kobe jerseys are for sale at your local Foot Locker stores.

Laughing

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Are you kidding we are not bandwagon fans we just know more about basketball than you and are willing to say Danny screwed us from having a championship team to having a average team that if they get out of the first round they will be very lucky and dont say he did it for the future there is no future in green, kristic, big baby and rondo that is a very poor team, learn the game then speak your mind until then shut up and suffer with the rest of us mr. RajonRondowski
    Posted by vegasredsox

you do not know the game better than i, sir. and i agree w/ rondowski. how much pleasure are you going to have in the playoffs w/ nothing more to root for than the hope that your downer forecast is correct? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

BaileyPowe trying to rally the celtic fandom. 

This is absolutley hilarious to witness.

Ubuntu!
    Ubuntu!
    Ubuntu!

Cool

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

mm-hmmm. a little hope in a sea of despair. that's bound to be a laugh riot for anyone w/ an elevated sense of humor.

Sections
Shortcuts