Remember this Date, Bandwagon Jumpers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Re: Remember this Date, Bandwagon Jumpers

In Response to Re: Remember this Date, Bandwagon Jumpers:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Remember this Date, Bandwagon Jumpers : as bad the celtics are playing right now, the panic of the fans makes me feel so much worse. I thought we were better than this. all they do is panic and fill this board with giving up garbage with the same OLD TIRED (see what i did there) lines. heres my complaints. Green needs to be the #1 option off the bench. sasha needs to never play.  but lets face it, it comes down to Rondo being himself and dishng out 15+ assists per game. It comes down to Shaq being ready to dominate on the inside. and lastly, how well West, Green, and Davis can fuel this team off the bench.
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]
    West, Green, BB all have proven themselves...Schackster just needs to be in suit and ready to go...I believe thats what they are doing...just waiting for the playoffs to begin..thats the real seaason...First place is nice, but does not guarantee anything...The Fakers were first last year, but there is no question, that a healthy Perk, changes everything.. they were gassed, thats all..We don't fear the lakers..they fear the Celtics...I guarantee, they would rather play Miami or chicago...hear thatn faker trollss...you just have to read through the smoke screans they send out..you can smell the fear...The west is better this year also, so no guarantee for them either,  home court or not...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bailey,
    Don't like what vegas said but I do feel the decisions Danny made regarding the health and return of  Shaq may have sunk the team.  It seems to me he made and inexcusable mistake.  Shaq has not been reliable since 2004.  So why go ahead with a trade when the guy you are counting is not healthy or reliable about evaluating his condition.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

[QUOTE]Bailey, Don't like what vegas said but I do feel the decisions Danny made regarding the health and return of  Shaq may have sunk the team.  It seems to me he made and inexcusable mistake.  Shaq has not been reliable since 2004.  So why go ahead with a trade when the guy you are counting is not healthy or reliable about evaluating his condition.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    danny's a gambler, concord. he took a calculated risk. said for us to blame him if this doesn't work. that's what we're gonna do. until we go down i'm good w/ that.

danny's aware of snaq's nasty trail deal. he thinks we can get around that. worth a risk. i agree.

you speak as if we know by now shaq's not coming back worth anything. no, we don't know that. the celtics don't seem all THAT concerned about it in my opinion. they're more concerned w/ getting krstic ready for second stringers.

mid way second qtr the other night, rondo had what, 0 dimes and 4 TOs? i didn't mind that. i think that was another case of rondo futher determining as precisely as he can just what he can and cannot get away with. that is one competitive mofo. he'll be there.

i've seen alot of seasons come and go, concord. i like to think i know the difference between a dying team and a possum. thus far, i like our chances as much as ever. we're certainly a far cry closer to being a top contender than we are to being toast.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]
    In Response to Re: Remember this Date, Bandwagon Jumpers : West, Green, BB all have proven themselves...Schackster just needs to be in suit and ready to go...I believe thats what they are doing...just waiting for the playoffs to begin..thats the real seaason...First place is nice, but does not guarantee anything...The Fakers were first last year, but there is no question, that a healthy Perk, changes everything.. they were gassed, thats all..We don't fear the lakers..they fear the Celtics...I guarantee, they would rather play Miami or chicago...hear thatn faker trollss...you just have to read through the smoke screans they send out..you can smell the fear...The west is better this year also, so no guarantee for them either,  home court or not...

Posted by Ortiz123
    [/QUOTE]

-

I'm reading a lot of good stuff here that makes a lot of sense, coming from Otiz and BP.

The Big Shamrock Diesel will be able to play through the playoffs, he's already said as much, that if the playoffs were here now he'd be playing.

The C's seem to be taking a few games off and Doc's not practicing them too much all in an effort to conserve some energy going into the playoffs.

It will take a while to turn it back on and get back to the level they were, but I think they can do it being the veterans they are.

I also like Rondo sitting out a few more games with that, umm, finger injury.  He needs to recharge the battery.

The Celtics going into the playoffs will be unrecognizable as far as their play goes compared to the team we are seeing now.

-

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bailey,
    I am always glad to hear confidence from someone I read here that I respect.

I hope that Danny and Doc can cajole Shaq back and take us to another title.

I have watched the Celtics since I was a little kid and to see this run with the big 3 playing in the style that the Celtics made famous has been one of the most pleasurable experiences in my sports viewing life.  I am troubled by what I see though because the team looks tired.  I would rather have them lose now and become healthy and rested for the playoffs if that is the price to pay.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

check this out, concord. i read the first part just now before checking back here. did me good.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/boston/chat/_/id/37625

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbrann. Show mbrann's posts

RR clarifies his positivity. It is possible to offer criticism of the C's without adopting a tone where you are obviously throwing in the towel. I would hate to play on the same team as some of the negative posters here...you can tell they would be quitters when things got a little tough.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

This is so much fun!

Now we get to add to the list of bandwagon jumpers and we can even add a few days on to the date.

This will only make it that much sweeter when the C's pull out of this slump and begin to dominate in the playoffs.

*  Of course, the pretend fans, the doomers as well as the gloomers, don't want the C's to pull out and begin winning again. because they've become Celtic haters in order to make their self-fulling prophecies come true.

But the C's will pull out of this slump and be a force in the playoffs.

-

Note:  This is addressed to haters and trolls not to sincere fans who have concerns about the team but try to stay positive.  Still, if you post doom and gloom and hopelessness, attack the team and anyone who remains hopeful, are you a fan or something in between a hater or a troll?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegasredsox. Show vegasredsox's posts

Are you kidding like we dont want the celts to win you are a dumb a s s my friend, we would love to see the celts win every year all we are saying is danny took us from a team with a great chance of winning this year to a very poor team with no shot and when the big three leave we will be really a bad team because the guys he brought in supposedly for the future suck

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

[QUOTE]Of course, the pretend fans, the doomers as well as the gloomers, don't want the C's to pull out and begin winning again. because they've become Celtic haters in order to make their self-fulling prophecies come true.
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, RR, but that's just pointless rhetoric.  Why don't you put up a poll and ask how many Celtics fans here want the team to continue losing?  There's a difference between THINKING that the team can't make it past the 1st or 2nd round and WANTING the team not to make it past the early rounds.  Many, myself included, don't have your faith in the Celts' ability to turn it on in the play-offs this year but I'm sure we'd all be only too glad to be proven completely wrong.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]
    Are you kidding like we dont want the celts to win you are a dumb a s s my friend, we would love to see the celts win every year all we are saying is danny took us from a team with a great chance of winning this year to a very poor team with no shot and when the big three leave we will be really a bad team because the guys he brought in supposedly for the future suck

Posted by vegasredsox
    [/QUOTE]

-

You're lack of experience and expertise shows through with evey word, Kid.

Don't let the nay-sayers and Negative Nellies steer you wrong.  It ain't over till it's over, and this season has a long way to go till it's over for the C's.

Have a little faith, my friend, a little gumption, get ready to go through some hard times without giving up at the first sign of adversity.

But, please, stop with the party-line cliches about Danny as if he was out to sabatoge your enjoyment of the Celtics.  This is a biz and guys are forced to gamble, and most intellignet observers think that this stage the C's are going through was entriely predictable.

And if you want to be a naysayer go ahead, start a thread, but why do you come here and expose your lack of knowledge multiple times?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

[QUOTE]Rondowski is the BIGGEST hypocrite in the history of BDC. Check this out folks, talk about bandwagon fans. http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3a3e055f0e-83dd-4964-8146-aa2ed52c6479
    Posted by Jonestown337[/QUOTE]
    i'm not seeing the hypocritical aspect of your link and am unwilling to read the whole thing. could you summarize some key points?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]
    In Response to Re: Remember this Date, Bandwagon Jumpers : How about you and rayman7? You two had a mutual admiration society going on here. Same poster? Care to speak to the issue? Pud

Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

-

I've never made a secret that I have two user names on this board, Rayman7 and Rondowski.

You think you have exposed me somehow, that I committed some great crime?

I posted in two different ways, in two different voices, when I first came on this board, and I had a reason for that.  You want to go back and read Rayman7's posts and then expose them?

Rayman7 was created to defend Ray Allen whom everyone on this board insisted had to be traded at that time, you included.

So, let the board be the judge, the haters will be with you, and so what, I did nothing wrong, and you have nothing to expose.

If you want to continue to start a feud with me, I suggest that you take it up with the BDC and get their approval.

I don't want to waste my time or other readers time with your drivel and your personal attacks.

OK?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Remember this Date, Bandwagon Jumpers : - I've never made a secret that I have two user names on this board, Rayman7 and Rondowski. You think you have exposed me somehow, that I committed some great crime? I posted in two different ways, in two different voices, when I first came on this board, and I had a reason for that.  You want to go back and read Rayman7's posts and then expose them? Rayman7 was created to defend Ray Allen whom everyone on this board insisted had to be traded at that time, you included. So, let the board be the judge, the haters will be with you, and so what, I did nothing wrong, and you have nothing to expose. If you want to continue to start a feud with me, I suggest that you take it up with the BDC and get their approval. I don't want to waste my time or other readers time with your drivel and your personal attacks. OK?
    To be fair, RR, I believe you did make a secret of it at one time, addressing your own alias with comments.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

I see Flobus checked in, but I have had him on Ignore for well over a year (all I can see is a line that says "Posts by Flobus McNuget are ingored."), so unless he's changed his ways, he's just another person who likes to start feuds on this board.  No thanks.  Ignore!

The purpose of this thread is to encourage the posters who think positive and who support the team and who do not panic and attack the team:  to not let themselves be shouted down by the doomers and panicky naysayers.

In my opinion the Doom & Gloomers and Nay Sayers have tried to take over this board, and many of them may be trolls, and a lot of them sound like haters.  Maybe some true fans need to temper their language a bit so they don't give the wrong impression.

I believe in constructive criticism, not in hating on your team because they are in a slump:  I believe in riding out hard, difficult times and not giving up on yourself or on anyone until they have stopped making an effort to get back on track.  

I don't think the C's have given up, they are just in a slump.   Negativity is a death-wish on any group trying to overcome obstacles, it's step one in throwing in the towel and giving up.

I'm not giving up on the Celtics, and this season has a long way to go.

Stay strong, Celtic fans, stay positive.   This too will pass.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]I see Flobus checked in, but I have had him on Ignore for well over a year, so unless he's changed his ways he's just another person who likes to start feuds on this board.  
    Spidey sense tingling? Funny how I don't recall you ever responding to one of my posts, but the first time I address you in a comment I get attacked by name in your response. Yeah, I'm sure you have me on "ignore."

Whatever.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncondon. Show ncondon's posts

Wow. I confess I didn't know this place existed...and now I'm not sure that I'm glad that I found it.

When I first read RR's original post, I wasn't sure why it was necessary.  However, the many 'chicken littles' that have filled this thread showed me why.  I'm surprised that people who call themselves Celtics fans could really say they have 'no shot' at this point.

The Perk trade was traumatic.  We're in the dog days of the season.  The Celtics are struggling.  We all see it.  But to completely write them off? It's a ridiculous notion.

Their biggest faults over this stretch have been their biggest faults of the entire 'New Big 3' era.  Playing down to the level of opponents, inconsistency, playing flat in the 2nd half of a back to back.  It's nothing new.  Why would this make you write off a team that you claim to love?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]
    Wow. I confess I didn't know this place existed...and now I'm not sure that I'm glad that I found it.

When I first read RR's original post, I wasn't sure why it was necessary.  However, the many 'chicken littles' that have filled this thread showed me why.  I'm surprised that people who call themselves Celtics fans could really say they have 'no shot' at this point.

The Perk trade was traumatic.  We're in the dog days of the season.  The Celtics are struggling.  We all see it.  But to completely write them off? It's a ridiculous notion.

Their biggest faults over this stretch have been their biggest faults of the entire 'New Big 3' era.  Playing down to the level of opponents, inconsistency, playing flat in the 2nd half of a back to back.  It's nothing new.  Why would this make you write off a team that you claim to love?

Posted by ncondon

[/QUOTE]

-

Ya know Jean Paul Sarte once said that the definition of a paranoid schizophrenic is "someone who gets it.", and I don't know what that has to do with anything, but I think there is a connection.

nconddon lightened my load with his astute post, and for that I thank him.  The support shown me on this board has been few and far between (though I thank all those who support me in my quest to counter act the panicky, naysaying, bandwagon jumpers) since I took on the Gloomers, the Nay Sayers, the prognosticators of doom, the panicky Negative Nellies.  (Boo,! Boo!)

Yeah!!! For us.

True fans, temper your rhetoric before you are mistaken as a hater or a troll.

Haters and trolls, know that you will be called out, time and time again.

This is not a time for cowardice, this is a time to stand on principal, what you know to be true for any group who hopes to overcome adversity:  panic, negativity, is the kiss of death to any group hoping to overcome adversity.

I see myself as a fan, as a member of the Celtics team, and as such, I know that I can't criticize my teammates and bring them down and expect a positive result.  I know that we have got to pull together, work out our problems and come out stronger on the other side.

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, one poster wrote, and very true, true dat, my friend.

Too much doom and gloom and not enough laughs.  Though I have attempted to lighten the load with humor.  Too many here have no sense of humor.

A long season, a short slump (relatively) then recovery, then victory, then redemption.

One step at a time.

JO coning back. Shaq coming back.  Delonte improving.  The new guys steadily improving.

I call that a recipe for success. 

Who, in their right mind, would disagree?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Remember this Date, Bandwagon Jumpers : - Ya know Jean Paul Sarte once said that the definition of a paranoid schizophrenic is "someone who gets it.", and I don't know what that has to do with anything, but I think there is a connection. nconddon lightened my load with his astute post, and for that I thank him.  The support shown me on this board has been few and far between (though I thank all those who support me in my quest to counter act the panicky, naysaying, bandwagon jumpers) since I took on the Gloomers, the Nay Sayers, the prognosticators of doom, the panicky Negative Nellies.  (Boo,! Boo!) Yeah!!! For us. True fans, temper your rhetoric before you are mistaken as a hater or a troll. Haters and trolls, know that you will be called out, time and time again. This is not a time for cowardice, this is a time to stand on principal, what you know to be true for any group who hopes to overcome adversity:  panic, negativity, are the death kiss to any group hoping to overcome adversity. I see myself as a fan, as a member of the Celtics team, and as such, I know that I can't criticize my teammates and bring them down and expect a positive result.  I know that we have got to pull together, work out our problems and come out stronger on the other side. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, one poster wrote, and very true, true dat, my friend. Too much doom and gloom and not enough laughs.  Though I have attempted to lighten the load with humor.  Too many here have no sense of humor. A long season, a short slump (relatively) then recovery, then victory, then redemption. One step at a time. JO coning back. Shaq coming back.  Delonte improving.  The new guys steadily improving. I call that a recipe for success.  Who, in their right mind, would disagree?

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........................

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]

In Response to Re: Remember this Date, Bandwagon Jumpers :

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........................

Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

-

So, you want to hear it again? Ok.

-

Ya know Jean Paul Sarte once said that the definition of a paranoid schizophrenic is "someone who gets it.", and I don't know what that has to do with anything, but I think there is a connection.

nconddon lightened my load with his astute post, and for that I thank him.  The support shown me on this board has been few and far between (though I thank all those who support me in my quest to counter act the panicky, naysaying, bandwagon jumpers) since I took on the Gloomers, the Nay Sayers, the prognosticators of doom, the panicky Negative Nellies.  (Boo,! Boo!)

Yeah!!! For us.

True fans, temper your rhetoric before you are mistaken as a hater or a troll.

Haters and trolls, know that you will be called out, time and time again.

This is not a time for cowardice, this is a time to stand on principal, what you know to be true for any group who hopes to overcome adversity:  panic, negativity, are the death kiss to any group hoping to overcome adversity.

I see myself as a fan, as a member of the Celtics team, and as such, I know that I can't criticize my teammates and bring them down and expect a positive result.  I know that we have got to pull together, work out our problems and come out stronger on the other side.

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, one poster wrote, and very true, true dat, my friend.

Too much doom and gloom and not enough laughs.  Though I have attempted to lighten the load with humor.  Too many here have no sense of humor.

A long season, a short slump (relatively) then recovery, then victory, then redemption.

One step at a time.

JO coning back. Shaq coming back.  Delonte improving.  The new guys steadily improving.

I call that a recipe for success. 

Who, in their right mind, would disagree?

-

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

I read this thread by tekroanhiakha, and it is right on.  So right on that I felt we should use it on this thread for it reinforces my thinking only in different words.

Some of you guys are just crazy!

First off: Why can't Shaq and JO be the saviors? Did you guys watch at the beginning of the season at all? Shaq was making a case for the all star team, and JO had it going in the very limited time he was out there. All he'll have to do is rebound and play some D and he was definintely doing that before the injury. Heck even if you give them both 15-20 minutes we're good to go! Both these guys want a championship, and i know Shaq wants to tie it back up with Kobe.

Second: First seed, second seed isnt going to mean @#$% if everyone is spent. Ill take third seed and some rest gladly. They can say all they want how hard they are trying , but what else would they say? That they dont care if they win? Doubtful. The slump was ineveitable and as crappy as it is to happen this close to the payoffs, youd be retarded to think the playoffs wont wake these guys up.

Third:The Rondo bashing is getting outta control. Has this guy ever not brought it in the playoffs? Of course he has an ego, the last time i checked hes pretty young. That doesnt mean he doesnt want a championship which is what its all about right? Every player that plays with Rondo talks about how great it is to have a point guard that actually does what a point guard should, which is get the team involved. What did you expect him to get his crazy numbers in every game this year? Relax and watch.

Fourth: Big Baby should never shoot this much but this guy always kicks a@# in the playoffs and with our bigs back he will go back to doing what he does best.

I wish Doc would just let these guys rest but i really do think he just cares more about the seeding then the players do. Either way hes the top coach in our conference and our guys will get a little rest in the playoffs. Everyone seems to forget that the playoffs is much better for our "old" team then the regular season is at times.

Danny is a mad scientist and he brought us 17 so why question him now. This trade was necessary and i loved Perk just as much as anybody but PP needed some rest and anybody could see that. Not being subbed by a bum, bt a legitamite starter on a really good team in OKC. 

If the guys dont wake up in the playoffs then they're practically dead already and we will start getting ready for 2012. Bottom line is the Celtics are not in the hands of idiots anymore like the dark years after Bird, and everyone should save the anger and crying and joy for the playoffs.....Like i do. hahahhaha just my opinion

-  tekaronhaikha

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

Da bandwagun jumpurs are nuttin butt ratz!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]
    Da bandwagun jumpurs are nuttin butt ratz!

Posted by cavaliersfan

[/QUOTE]

-

Nuff said.  End of story.

Gud to sea ya bak on da byke, CavsFan.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]
    check this out, concord. i read the first part just now before checking back here. did me good.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/boston/chat/_/id/37625

Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

-

Somehow I missed that link when you put it up.  That's a real nice read -- soothing.

And that link to Danny throwing the ball right into Elio's face  -- Wow !  I never saw that one before.

I think the tenor of the board has changed a bit of late with more people, like getzo and tekaronhaikai and number6fan and others taking the battle to the naysayers and the Negative Nellies and calling them on their foolishness.  For a while there I felt like a lone voice in the wilderness.

Now the Celtics got to get right and turn their rig around, even if it takes forty acres.