Remember who our Point Guard really is..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Remember who our Point Guard really is..

this is my last Rondo post..just think alot of people have forgotten what this guy has done for this team and need to be reminded..question this guys heart and dedication to the team?? got some links that got me pretty fired up for the playoffs this year. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Remember who our Point Guard really is..

only picked home games bc the home crowd pumps me up..cant wait to be in that playoff crowd this summer!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

i have said repeatedly, for three years now, that the second that rondo conquers the jump shot and free throw demons he is a perennial MVP candidate and to be mentioned in top 3 PG's in the league.

however, right now he is far away from that.  the shot is DETERIORATING, not improving with experience and hard work.  so where is the hard work?  it's never been there.

he's been able to be great for finite periods of playoff ball by trying on his shots late in the season.  this season, for whatever reason, he is not even doing that.

with no momentum on this shot going into the playoffs this year, it's really a "who knows" situation.  the momentum has defined rondo's playoff performances in the past.  the current lack of it may very well define this year's performances.....

and i have no appetite for visible pouty routines, which rondo has had off and on over time, never more deafening a bad attitude than right now.  i dont' care who the player is.  get yourself off the floor and sort yourself out and come back fresh.  but we see none of that either.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

You mean he is not the coward that people on here called him for not taking shots??  lol

I started my last thread on the topic.  When you can a another grown man that you have never met a coward for not playing a game the way you like, you know it is getting pathetic!

Soldiers who kill innocent women and children are cowards. No disrespect to anyone in service,, but we all know it happens and they are just taking orders.
    Not every soldier has done it

Rondo plays a game.  He is an entertainer if you will.  Its like you calling Jaime Fox a coward because you dont like the way he acts!   Just pure Insanity!  And to think there are about 30 other teams to root for with pgs that have this quality they covet, but they still end up here everyday pouting about someone else pouting while winning a game.  I just want to see banner #18 before I die from radiation while some people act like they cant sleep if Rondo does not hit a jumper....Hows that for perspective?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Acie , just curious , you ever play ball?   You ever been to a Celtics pratice or followed Rondo around for a year like you do with his BDC posts.  I have sustained from asking you these things, but you continue to pop up spewing nothing but venom at Rondo

I know guys who can shoot 1,000 jumpers a day for a month without improving, because if you dont have the confidence in doing it in a game, it dont matter how much you practice.  I made myself into a shooter, but I never went to a court to shoot jumpers all day.  I built my confidence from making them in the game.  Jason Kidd still cant shoot and he is a lock for Hall of Fame.  What are your basketball credentials?  Wait, dont asnwer that.  Im going to bed, just ponder on that...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

well acie, i just dont see that. his shot was improved this year..minus the last two weeks, which is all anyone is choosing to remember, his jumpshot had improved. the elbow jumper WAS consistent. now its obvious that he is bothered. personally i THINK (think, dont assume) that he understands his foot and ankle situations, and is coasting into the playoffs. i think he will ramp up his efforts again about a week before the playoffs start. the big 4 have been together for 4 years, it wont be too hard to incorporate playoff rondo back into the system.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

and will anyone call Shaq a "coward that doesnt wanna learn" bc he has been bad at free throws his entire career? big hands you say? check out rondo's.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Remember who our Point Guard really is..:
    Acie , just curious , you ever play ball?   You ever been to a Celtics pratice or followed Rondo around for a year like you do with his BDC posts.  I have sustained from asking you these things, but you continue to pop up spewing nothing but venom at Rondo I know guys who can shoot 1,000 jumpers a day for a month without improving, because if you dont have the confidence in doing it in a game, it dont matter how much you practice.  I made myself into a shooter, but I never went to a court to shoot jumpers all day.  I built my confidence from making them in the game.  Jason Kidd still cant shoot and he is a lock for Hall of Fame.  What are your basketball credentials?  Wait, dont asnwer that.  Im going to bed, just ponder on that...
    Posted by JayShizzle45

I haven't shot a ball in over 5-8  years and I bet I can shoot free throws better than Rondo.  You either can shoot or you can't

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

oh really oneonone? with thousands of people watching you? i think id pay to see that. some ppl just cant shoot free throws period. get over it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

as for him not caring or working on his shot..

sry for all the links, just think its more effective if you see it for urself..but even Doc has said hes one of the hardest workers on the team.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

oh really oneonone? with thousands of people watching you? i think id pay to see that. some ppl just cant shoot free throws period. get over it.
    Posted by JamezHill24

Hey I am not a Rondo hater, just stating facts.  Doesn't matter who is watching.  Its kind of like putting some people just can't handle the pressure of a 3 footers, call the yipps. Some people get over them but most don't.  As far as free throws I shot 90 percent in high school and college, so don't preach to me about free throws.  You need to get over Rondo.  If you don't see his flaws I am very sorry.  He can be dominate in a lot a ways but shooting isn't one of them.  When he isn't doing the other things it only magnifies his shooting problems.  Don't hate me for his problems.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

Here's another fact..The Celtic will not win a championship with out the point guard with all the flaws...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

im def not hating you, my venom is not spewed towards one person..but. it makes me angry that people have forgotten that rondo HAS improved on his jumpshots this season. save for the last couple weeks, he was hitting consistently, and his assists totals HAVE been out of this world. hop over to espnboston and see wat KG had to say about Rondo's struggles. its wat alot of us have been thinking for a while now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Here's another fact..The Celtic will not win a championship with out the point guard with all the flaws...
    Posted by paulbrr7

Another fact, the Celtics won't win one without KG, Paul, or Ray either.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbrr7. Show paulbrr7's posts

In Response to Re: Remember who our Point Guard really is.. : Another fact, the Celtics won't win one without KG, Paul, or Ray either.
    Posted by OneOnOne

Here's a fact.. Your last fact is right! They need all four of them to win this year. But since you played the game then you should know that Rondo makes it all work. The big three are not as good with out his energy and passing skills.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Remember who our Point Guard really is.. : Here's a fact.. Your last fact is right! They need all four of them to win this year. But since you played the game then you should know that Rondo makes it all work. The big three are not as good with out his energy and passing skills.
    Posted by paulbrr7

I am not underestimating Rondo and his contributions.  It just seems everyone acts like its all on his shoulders.  Its on all of them.  If Paul goes 1-10, or Ray 2-11, or Kg in one of his lousy shooting nites  it doesn't matter what Rondo does because he is not going to put up many 20 pt games.  Arroya could come closer to that.  If you remember we won a lot of games when Rondo was out.  One thing I want to make clear.  If any of those guys aren't playing I will still feel like they are the best team. I am a loyal fan, always have been and always will be and the closest I have ever been to Boston is Atlantic City.
    Peace Bro

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I am one who believes you don't win a championship without a good Rondo.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rondos shooting... hard to figure

On one hand you wonder with all the years of practice, why cant the kid make FT's or you watch him swish 2 jumpers, then the next 3 smash off the backboard like A-Rod hit a line drive.

On the other hand, SHaq, Wilt, Ben Wallace etc all have had the same problems. Although the common denominator for most are ...they are very big men...Rondo isnt... maybe its the big hands you say... maybe so

I think what we prob should accept is Rondo is not and wont be a good shooter. Once thats out of the way, no need to be upset with his bricks. Maybe DOc should reassess his pushing ROndo to take the shots. Its not gonna bring the defense out even if he goes 5-9.... its like letting Shaq shoot jumpers at the top of the key... if hes making them, the other team will still not pick him up cause its an aberration....  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

In Response to Re: Remember who our Point Guard really is.. : I haven't shot a ball in over 5-8  years and I bet I can shoot free throws better than Rondo.  You either can shoot or you can't
    Posted by OneOnOne

If this were true then shouldnt everyone be laying off Rondo for obviously having a unfixable flaw?  Shouldnt we be happy if he does everything in his power not to shoot and instead get shots for other players who CAN shoot?

My only problem with the Rondo critics here is they are not using logic, they are only ranting about things they dont like, but never make any sense.   One breath its "this guy is never gonna have a jumper, why does he shoot the ball"

then say "this guy is killing us by not taking more shots, how can u play a game taking 2 shots?"   Its pure comedy at its best....thats why I have enjoyed joining this debate.  Its much easier then the battles I had over on the Pats forum in the past year.  Guys just spewing nonsense and refuse to paint the whole picture, judging a guys whole career off one bad month....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Remember who our Point Guard really is.. : If this were true then shouldnt everyone be laying off Rondo for obviously having a unfixable flaw?  Shouldnt we be happy if he does everything in his power not to shoot and instead get shots for other players who CAN shoot? My only problem with the Rondo critics here is they are not using logic, they are only ranting about things they dont like, but never make any sense.   One breath its "this guy is never gonna have a jumper, why does he shoot the ball" then say "this guy is killing us by not taking more shots, how can u play a game taking 2 shots?"   Its pure comedy at its best....thats why I have enjoyed joining this debate.  Its much easier then the battles I had over on the Pats forum in the past year.  Guys just spewing nonsense and refuse to paint the whole picture, judging a guys whole career off one bad month....
    Posted by JayShizzle45

Arguing with Rondophiles that their boy has major flaws in his game is like debating Mickael Jackson groupies that MJ was  way more than very strange.

They think that MJ was the most normal person alive.

Pud

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Remember who our Point Guard really is..:
    this is my last Rondo post..just think alot of people have forgotten what this guy has done for this team and need to be reminded..question this guys heart and dedication to the team?? got some links that got me pretty fired up for the playoffs this year.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zg0wwXOQZU  cleveland game 4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2EguK4xj0c&feature=related orlando game 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jiQDn8a2sI&feature=related cleveland game 6
    Posted by JamezHill24

I think I remember who he is, is he the one that did not score last night?

Sections
Shortcuts