Repent Now All You Non Believers.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Repent Now All You Non Believers.........

And all will be forgiven. This is the way to the promised land, run and press on offense and defense for 48/82 and very good things will happen. I said we would be better, who else sees the light ? Our lottery pick maybe Brooklyns'.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Re: Repent Now All You Non Believers.........

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

And all will be forgiven. This is the way to the promised land, run and press on offense and defense for 48/82 and very good things will happen. I said we would be better, who else sees the light ? Our lottery pick maybe Brooklyns'.

LOL.

Yes, it is your day in the sun.  Well deserved.  I am happy with what is happening and intrigued by where Brad Stevens will take these guys.  But I am still concerned that this group of reclamation projects will not lead the Celts to the promised land.  And that is the objective.

How can we get there?  Does Danny have that one trick up his sleeve?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

We are Butler.

We are Strong.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

prepare for upcoming trades.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

Bingo!

We're not going to see the same Celtic team after the trade deadline.

and Bingo!  the Celts are going to win closer to 40 than the 20-25 tankers like you predicted.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

Bingo!

We're not going to see the same Celtic team after the trade deadline.

That may be the case.  But it may be too late because they just might keep winning at a decent rate and tanking at that point could be a risky move.  They may have positioned them selves near the 8th seed and tanking would only get them 10th worst in the league. The Celtics will not end up with the worst record in the NBA.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Lets be real.  Right now if the season ended the Celtics would be a 4th seed.  The teams not in the playoffs-Brooklyn, Detroit, Orlando, Cleveland, Toronto,Washington and New York.  In the playoffs that will or could fold is Celtics, Philly, Charlotte and Milwaukee.  Brooklyn will get it together and nad be a top 6 seed.  Philly is playing above their heads.  is Charlotte a playoff team?  The bucks?  The only threat for 7th and 8th will probably come down to Boston, Cleveland, or Toronto. Knicks with Chandler are are going to implode. It is still early and who knows what could happen between now and the trade deadline for all teams.

UTAH will have the worst record followed by Sactown.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"So you're a believer of playoff 1st round exits?"

Evidently they are. 

The team is racking up some nice wins but this is the way you remain a decent team and lose to better ones in the playoffs. 

Love how hard the team is playing but they may have too much talent for their own good. Hopefully Ainge will step in. 

Anyone who "believes" this team can contend for a championship with this team is beyond naive.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

Bass and Lee could maybe be moved to OKC for Perk, Sefolosha, and two 2014 #1 picks (Dallas, OKC). That trade would make the team worse and allow Sully to start. Perk will be a nice trading chip as an expiring contract next year and Sefolosha is a FA after this season. The additional #1 picks though late 1's, can be packaged in another future trade or used to move up in the 2014 draft.

thats a no-brainer for Cs

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"So you're a believer of playoff 1st round exits?"

Evidently they are. 

The team is racking up some nice wins but this is the way you remain a decent team and lose to better ones in the playoffs. 

Love how hard the team is playing but they may have too much talent for their own good. Hopefully Ainge will step in. 

Anyone who "believes" this team can contend for a championship with this team is beyond naive.

+ 1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I'll repent when teams like Cleveland or god forbid Detroit end up with top 5 picks and become the dominant teams for the next 6-7 years while we muddle around pick 15 and get bounced in the first round.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

LOL...we'll see how this team fares through the long NBA season.

they do seem to play hard on both ends and THINK they can compete with most teams.

we'll see.

as for those who are only interested in the draft...just rememebr you can have the pick....you can pick the player....sometimes it still doesn;t work ( go to the way back machine andlook up Bias).

IF Ainge gets a trade that helps the team now and in the future and that trades l=takes us out of the lottery, I think he'll do it!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Admittedly this team is fun to watch. They are scrappy and there are no egos so guys easily accept their roles.  It's a long season, and I'd be surprised if they hold on to the 7th or 8th seed after 82 games.   

Some observations:

When Bradley doesn't have to play PG he is a better player - which we all knew.  Wallace is selfless and plays hard - glad he's here, for as long as he's here.  Crawford is a better all around player than thought.  Olynyk is going to be a player.  Green is more consistent than expected.  Lots of contributions from the role players.    

I doubt this team remains intact.  If it does, they'll be fun to watch.  If it doesn't, then I can understand that DA is trying to rebuild a contender, not just a scrappy team. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GAShamrock60. Show GAShamrock60's posts

Beating Orlando 2 times and Utah and a lucky win against Miami does not make us a 4th seed just like when we lost the first 4 games makes us the worse team. I like that we are competitive but I see us still only winning around 30+ games this year. When we go on extended road trips against the better teams we will probably lose and we may make some trades to further depelete our team.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

It's just time to collect some good , young talent from the draft.  I can live with it .

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Enjoy the wins now.,. When it all goes south, one thing does not change. We got a real coach.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

I'll repent when teams like Cleveland or god forbid Detroit end up with top 5 picks and become the dominant teams for the next 6-7 years while we muddle around pick 15 and get bounced in the first round.

Indiana built it's current roster with no pick greater than 10th. If the Celtics make the playoffs it will mean

A) Jeff Green improved.

b) Avery Bradley, Sullinger and KO developed.

Those are good things! If those players and Rondo hit their ceilings it's a good team for years. At worst these are trade assets. We won a title by trading assets for the ticket and Allen. It doesn't have to be the draft

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts