Report: C's getting offers for PP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Report: C's getting offers for PP

Wonder if ATL would part with Johnson or Smith for PP and a #1!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

why would anyone want PP specially with 1. salary 2. how crappy he is playing?? are these rumors to make him work harder or at least try to play with more passion???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Re: Report: C's getting offers for PP:
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

why?? ATL has been playing good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater2. Show greeneater2's posts

Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Bro, Celtics get nothing for Pierce because he's going no where.  Enjoy the ride to the bottom!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Report: C's getting offers for PP : why?? ATL has been playing good.
    Posted by cabutan

Don't know -just throwing it out there.  Here is a guy making 15 mill.....not a lot of people make that.  Al Jefferson, maybe?

Sacrilegious, but Antawn Jamison makes the same money, and his contract is up at the end of the year!!  Wouldn't want him, either, but just throwing stuff out there!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

Muhammad Ali, Willie Mays, etc... It's never pretty to watch guys get old. It's tough to walk away from the money, even when you know you're slipping. After all, we're talking millions.

Could they get comparable value??? I doubt it. I wouldn't dump him but if the right player(s) were offered I'd jump. And so would Danny. I think teams, smelling a fire sale, are just looking to see if they can steal him.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I hate to agree with greeneater on anything, but Paul is not going anywhere.

If it could happen Dallas could use PP if he plays into shape. If they are a title threat this year he would be just what they need.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Re: Report: C's getting offers for PP : Don't know -just throwing it out there.  Here is a guy making 15 mill.....not a lot of people make that.  Al Jefferson, maybe? Sacrilegious, but Antawn Jamison makes the same money, and his contract is up at the end of the year!!  Wouldn't want him, either, but just throwing stuff out there!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

nah, leave Jamison alone. He is worthless and is Al Jefferson still in the league??  I think I would trade KG before I trade PP.. I honestly believe these rumors are just a hoax.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

To paraphrase the "great" Gordon Gekko, if you want loyalty, get yourself a dog. The NBA is a business. And just like every other business, it's a question of what have you done for me lately.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In Response to Re: Report: C's getting offers for PP : nah, leave Jamison alone. He is worthless and is Al Jefferson still in the league??  I think I would trade KG before I trade PP.. I honestly believe these rumors are just a hoax.
    Posted by cabutan

AJ is actually becoming a double/double machine and blocking more than an occasional shot w/ Utah. I believe it could somewhat soften the blow of losing PP w/ a former Celtic to replace him and actually help the 8 & 4 Jazz make some music in the West...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

Let's face i. This team is not going anywhere in the playoffs. Best thing to do is to trade PP, KG, RA. Get the best value you can get right now. Lets start over. Then we can go after CP3 and Howard next year with all the money we save by trading the big 3.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

In Response to Report: C's getting offers for PP:
    Several contending teams have inquired about Pierce’s availability.
    Posted by wfdog

Are we really considering teams such as the Dream or the Mercury as a destination? I know that no NBA team would be stupid enough to take PP's contract or his play!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

If Pierce agreed to be traded then .... Denver could use an experienced SF like Pierce to get over the top with their youth. They surprised last year after the Carmelo trade and with Pierce they'd be a contender. In return we could get Brewer, Koufos & Afflalo or Fernandez if Danny opted for bodies over picks.
    Posted by Mployee8

Lmao! Hello! Wake up......knock knock knock!

Ugh.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

The Celtics would be wise to try to get something for him while they still could. The writing appears to be on the wall.

Not sure who would want that contract though.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

they said this to motivate pp.watch pp will rise and management will realize that he is celtic for life!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

I heard that the Harlem Globetrotters have inquired about trading for Pierce.
    They have never had a player that was an expert in wheelchair trick shots.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i can go either way on this one. frankly, if i was DA, i'd leave it up to PP to a certain extent. if we got a good offer, i'd go to him and say "here's the offer. what do you think we should do?" i would not take that approach with anyone but PP. he's been here long enough to deserve that much. he might want to stay here and retire here. he might want another shot at the title, which he's not going to get here. he might be as tradable next year, when he will have an expiring contract and some gas left in the tank.

basically, if the offer is right, i wouldn't be upset as long as he didn't become a laker or a bull.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i can go either way on this one. frankly, if i was DA, i'd leave it up to PP to a certain extent. if we got a good offer, i'd go to him and say "here's the offer. what do you think we should do?" i would not take that approach with anyone but PP. he's been here long enough to deserve that much. he might want to stay here and retire here. he might want another shot at the title, which he's not going to get here. he might be as tradable next year, when he will have an expiring contract and some gas left in the tank. basically, if the offer is right, i wouldn't be upset as long as he didn't become a laker or a bull.
    Posted by kaktug

fully agree..go to him. loyalty must be shown here.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Agree he should be in on it.  When he almost traded Ray in 2010, he kept him in the loop.  PP deserves the same!

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts