Report: C's getting offers for PP

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Report: C's getting offers for PP

Too early in the season to break them up.  Bet money Danny doesn't do anything until he can tell if they are rounding into shape for a playoff run (late Feb).......and I agree with that strategy.   Many fans can and will jump off the bandwagon now (early) but Danny has learned from last year that as soon as he trades one of the big three, he better have a trade for them all and be ready to have one of the 5 worst records in the league as well as a demotivated coach.   I say this because the team will be devastated and not play well (not to mention the change in roles and chemistry).

The fans who clamoured for the change will have hope for the future until we have another 30 game losing streak like the years before the big 3 came together (lots of young players and draft choices which only turned into lots of losses).  Then the fans will ask why we stink more than we do right now.

Patience folks.  Let's get through the year.  Then we can trade Paul, use the draft choices, use the cap room, and build over time.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

I have said it before and say it again; put any two of the starting five on the table for DH. See if Orlando will bite....this is the best thing they could do to excite fans and keep their income decent. Every game is more important this year because of the shortened season, every game is equivalent to about 2 games (1.6 if you are ANALytical about it) so if they lost 5 games, they actually lost 10 games. Message here is THEY ARE DONE. Celtics 2012 revenue is going to take a big hit if they are stuck to this team....thank them for memories and bring DH and lots of excitement (revenue).

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

In Response to Re: Report: C's getting offers for PP:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report: C's getting offers for PP : The Magic are 2nd place in the east right now. They will not do any trades right now. If the Magic can reach the Finals one more time, so what if DH leaves at the end of the season.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

There is going to be enough $'s for next season and I am sure DH will go to the highest bidder. If some player is telling that they do not like to play a team, the underlying message someone else is offered more. If we can trade for DH I believe we can sign him cos we will have more than enough money.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

If we can get Howard for two players, great - I'd do it in a minute.  But, I don't think there's any way Orlando does that deal because we don't have the players to pull it off.   If Howard was here for a rental, I think the C's have a great chance of retaining him (can offer him more money, he'll end up liking Doc and Danny and he'll love his teammates - everyone does).   We could take the remaining money and go after DWill to help.

But, its all moot because Orlando isn't trading howard and their success for any 2 starters on the weak Celtics.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

Damn trolls all over in here!!!!they must be really happy!!laugh now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report: C's getting offers for PP : There is going to be enough $'s for next season and I am sure DH will go to the highest bidder. If some player is telling that they do not like to play a team, the underlying message someone else is offered more. If we can trade for DH I believe we can sign him cos we will have more than enough money.
    Posted by lhtak[/QUOTE]

So, besides Rondo, who else would Boston trade for Dwight?
    Then next year, who would Dwight be playing with besides Avery Bradley?

There is a 100% chance that this won't happen.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

[QUOTE]If we can get Howard for two players, great - I'd do it in a minute.  But, I don't think there's any way Orlando does that deal because we don't have the players to pull it off.   If Howard was here for a rental, I think the C's have a great chance of retaining him (can offer him more money, he'll end up liking Doc and Danny and he'll love his teammates - everyone does).   We could take the remaining money and go after DWill to help. But, its all moot because Orlando isn't trading howard and their success for any 2 starters on the weak Celtics.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

If two can not get it done offer 3 starters...We are not going anywhere with this team; blow it for DH.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report: C's getting offers for PP : So, besides Rondo, who else would Boston trade for Dwight? Then next year, who would Dwight be playing with besides Avery Bradley? There is a 100% chance that this won't happen.
    Posted by mtrax[/QUOTE]

I doubt DH would like to pay with Rondo, they have enough $'s sign a decent PG. We have picks too so we can rebuild around DH. Bradley is a waste of time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

Yeah, that is what Dwight wants. To play for a rebuilding team with draft picks...

He is looking for a big market and/or a contending team.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fierce,
    DH would just want to wait until July 1 at that point.  Are you saying that in those few days after the draft a trade would be made?  Has that ever happened?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report: C's getting offers for PP : Lakers would never take PP, he's considered poison in L.A.
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

That's funny! I guess getting your rear-end kicked in and your heart ripped-out by Pierce makes him poison!! You are too d*mn funny!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Danny Ainge will trade Pierce. He blew up the team last year when Boston had the best record and was dominating the league. He will blow it up now when thing's aren't going so well.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report: C's getting offers for PP : If the Celts get the #1 or #2 pick in the 2012 draft that changes everything. The Celts can offer that pick for DH.

Orlando has no plans on waiting until the end of the season hoping that Dwight doesn't leave for another team. Even Wingnut knows that.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

I would expect that Dwight will be traded because Orlando has said that they will not let him walk away.
    Lakers fans should hope that Dwight re-signs a long term contract with Orlando.
    The Lakers need a pg WAY more then a center.
    If Dwight is off the market Deron Williams will be traded. LA can trade Bynum for Williams or directly or via another team. (Other players and picks would be involved.) If LA could get Deron then they can use their trade exception to trade for a big man.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report: C's getting offers for PP : Sorry, the wingnut has never been right since I can remember and that's a fact! Right now the Magic are #2 in the east. Why would they break up that team? The Magic will make another run at the Finals this year. I know you're desperate, but don't count on DH getting traded, even after the All-Star break.

Orlando has beaten 1 team with a winning record.
    Their schedule has been a joke.

Sections
Shortcuts