Report: CSN Rondo has worn out his welcome "a little" in Boston.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Report: CSN Rondo has worn out his welcome "a little" in Boston.

According to Donny Marshal, Rondo is not as welcome as he used to be.

This makes things very interesting.

Is it possible that we do the Chris Paul trade without the extension and hope we convince him to stay? Do we look at D-Will and see if he is interested in being the man in Boston?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Report: CSN Rondo has worn out his welcome "a little" in Boston.

I'm tired of Rondo, to be honest.

There's no denying he can be spectacular at times in a number of ways. But what happens when he takes off 10-20 games at a time or stops playing defense like he has so often...swiping for steals instead of cutting off the drive??

I dont know what the cause of last seasons meltdown...Perk trade??? Obama criticism? He just seems to become invisible at times in the playoffs as well.. His lack of a good jumper and moreso, his terrible FT% are big time strategies other teams use against us.

Frankly, he seems also unmotivated at times.. early last year he played pretty good, racking up assists and making Shaq an important part of the team.. then it just stopped and he pouted and his stats took a hit.

PG is too important a position to have a flake. It's what the offense revolves around and needs consistency. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Rondo is a trade chip (the only one this team has) but the return for him has to make sense either a) to compete for a championship next year or b) to start the rebuilding process.  Chris Paul seems to fit both of those needs, but there is a risk you can lose him despuite the fact that if you trade for him you can give him more money than other teams could.  But as talented as Paul is, I can't stand when guys try to force trades to other teams, and he showed his true colors a bit last year.  He's a bit of a diva in my opinion, albeit a talented one. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Report: CSN Rondo has worn out his welcome "a little" in Boston.:
    [QUOTE]I'm tired of Rondo, to be honest. There's no denying he can be spectacular at times in a number of ways. But what happens when he takes off 10-20 games at a time or stops playing defense like he has so often...swiping for steals instead of cutting off the drive?? I dont know what the cause of last seasons meltdown...Perk trade??? Obama criticism? He just seems to become invisible at times in the playoffs as well.. His lack of a good jumper and moreso, his terrible FT% are big time strategies other teams use against us. Frankly, he seems also unmotivated at times.. early last year he played pretty good, racking up assists and making Shaq an important part of the team.. then it just stopped and he pouted and his stats took a hit. PG is too important a position to have a flake. It's what the offense revolves around and needs consistency. 
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

You've got to believe that his teammates feel exactly the same way. TIRED! FRUSTRATED!

Now we have DA in a presser backtracking/disavowing the trade rumors, saying that we "love" Rondo and have no intentions of trading him.

Translation: This kids has so much baggage that no one wants him!

We're stuck!

How long 'til there's a Rondo fire sale found on CraigsList?

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

In Response to Report: CSN Rondo has worn out his welcome "a little" in Boston.:
    [QUOTE]According to Donny Marshal, Rondo is not as welcome as he used to be. This makes things very interesting. Is it possible that we do the Chris Paul trade without the extension and hope we convince him to stay? Do we look at D-Will and see if he is interested in being the man in Boston?
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

RONDO IS TO THE CELTICS...WHAT DESEAN JACKSON IS TO THE EAGLES..

A ROYAL PAIN IN THE AAAZZZZZZZ......TRADE HIM .....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

DA said "we love Rondo, we like Rondo."  Something tells me they are hoping to trade Rondo for a big chip.  It doesn't look like others are buying.  So we have to hope this kid plays hard and doesn't quit.  He quit after Feb. last year and I think that is why he's gone if there is buyer of consequence.  I still think he is a real talent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Report: CSN Rondo has worn out his welcome "a little" in Boston.:
    [QUOTE]DA said "we love Rondo, we like Rondo."  Something tells me they are hoping to trade Rondo for a big chip.  It doesn't look like others are buying.  So we have to hope this kid plays hard and doesn't quit.  He quit after Feb. last year and I think that is why he's gone if there is buyer of consequence.  I still think he is a real talent.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

No question! The kid has a world of talent.

He also has snakes in his head. A very mixed blessing.

Pud

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pud,
    You may be right, we will see if Rondo can play hard knowing they would like to unload him.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In the old days, this kid would come into camp in great shape, have worked on his jump shot and FT shooting, keep his mouth shut, and be a leader..........whatever happened to those days??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In the old days, this kid would come into camp in great shape, have worked on his jump shot and FT shooting, keep his mouth shut, and be a leader..........whatever happened to those days??
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

"Those days" may have been before these kids started making 120K per game and don't know sheet from shine-ola about maturity, hard work and dedication to one's craft.

This kid could shatter into a million pieces whether/not DA can find a willing buyer.

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jallen1952-formelyJallen3531. Show jallen1952-formelyJallen3531's posts

I'm frustrated with the league, and to a lesser extent with the game.  Whenever I see foolish "And1" videos turning what should be a beautiful game into a minstrel show, it is very disouraging.

Now you have players, enmasse, dictating where they want to go.  Maybe it will work out that contraction will take place (through the natural process of some teams becoming so bad...and in undesirable places....that they can't survive), but I can't believe all of this is good for the league and its image.

Just another old-foggies position.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Rondo is ours , get use to it, nobody is willing to give a good player for him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]I'm frustrated with the league, and to a lesser extent with the game.  Whenever I see foolish "And1" videos turning what should be a beautiful game into a minstrel show, it is very disouraging. Now you have players, enmasse, dictating where they want to go.  Maybe it will work out that contraction will take place (through the natural process of some teams becoming so bad...and in undesirable places....that they can't survive), but I can't believe all of this is good for the league and its image. Just another old-foggies position.....
    Posted by jallen1952-formelyJallen3531[/QUOTE]

I didn't think contraction was a possibility, but I'm coming around......TOR, NO and MN have all had shots, and can't make it work.....would have to be 2 or 4, though......SAC?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

the heck with Chris Paul. I rather Deron Williams. that guy isn't as fragile as CP3.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

think rod strickland.  and then think poor scorer, poor shooter and you've got rondo.  he's a head case folks.  welcome to that realization.  he's in year 6 and he's never shot better FT% than he did as a rookie in garbage tme at 64%.  not even close.

i would trade him in a heartbeat.  he's nothing to build a post big 3 team around.  he's fool's gold.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report: CSN Rondo has worn out his welcome "a little" in Boston. : You've got to believe that his teammates feel exactly the same way. TIRED! FRUSTRATED! Now we have DA in a presser backtracking/disavowing the trade rumors, saying that we "love" Rondo and have no intentions of trading him. Translation: This kids has so much baggage that no one wants him! We're stuck! How long 'til there's a Rondo fire sale found on CraigsList? Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

but ain't it amazing how glen davis tries like crazy, over-achieves for three years, contends for 6th man of the year and leads the closer unit of the best team in the league at the 5, and then gets injured and has a bad post season and now he's "played himself out of town" according to most idiots.

and then you have rondo who has made NO SUBSTANTIVE IMPROVEMENTS IN HIS GAME for SIX YEARS NOW, and people are just getting tired of him.  it's too dam late now- he should have been traded in year 4 when he still had some fool's gold potential in him that some other team would buy into. 

now you have the second coming of rod strickland the head case who can't score and is just as moody and uncoachable.  delicious!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report: CSN Rondo has worn out his welcome "a little" in Boston. : but ain't it amazing how glen davis tries like crazy, over-achieves for three years, contends for 6th man of the year and leads the closer unit of the best team in the league at the 5, and then gets injured and has a bad post season and now he's "played himself out of town" according to most idiots. and then you have rondo who has made NO SUBSTANTIVE IMPROVEMENTS IN HIS GAME for SIX YEARS NOW, and people are just getting tired of him.  it's too dam late now- he should have been traded in year 4 when he still had some fool's gold potential in him that some other team would buy into.  now you have the second coming of rod strickland the head case who can't score and is just as moody and uncoachable.  delicious!
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

One has to wonder if BBD hasn't  being scapegoated by management because of the play of Rondo... at least as much as if not moreso... than his own play.

We've had a "tough, tough luv" policy toward Glen and a "nuttin' but luv" policy toward a certain high value, high maintenance PG.

I can see why BBD might be tempted to "act out" after a while and show his...  ahemmm... can I phrase this delicately????.... phatt azz.

All in the family!

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I like Rondo.  the guy plays hard and plays well.

He does everything well except shoot the ball.  Okay, well that sounds like Nate Archibald and Dennis Johnson to me.

You can win a championship with Rondo at the point.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]I like Rondo.  the guy plays hard and plays well. He does everything well except shoot the ball.  Okay, well that sounds like Nate Archibald and Dennis Johnson to me. You can win a championship with Rondo at the point.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

Doesn't sound like Nate or DJ even remotely.

Nate Archibald led the league in scoring at one point and DJ was $$$$ shooting when the game was on the line.

Pud

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report: CSN Rondo has worn out his welcome "a little" in Boston. : One has to wonder if BBD hasn't  being scapegoated by management because of the play of Rondo... at least as much as if not moreso... than his own play. We've had a "tough, tough luv" policy toward Glen and a "nuttin' but luv" policy toward a certain high value, high maintenance PG. I can see why BBD might be tempted to "act out" after a while and show his...  ahemmm... can I phrase this delicately????.... phatt azz. All in the family! Pud

C'mon now - I'm a Rondo guy, I know you're not, and I get it.  He is NOT one of the elite PG's in the game, but he plays good D, and is a true PG - he may HAVE to be traded now, because we need more scoring, but I am okay with that, too.  I have been saying for 2 years now that Davis is highly over-rated.  How does an athlete GAIN 30 lbs during the season?  Because of Rondo?  He acts out because he has acted out his entire life - he is a horrible rebounder and takes bad shots.  He must have a low BBIQ because he doesn't learn.  Defense?  I remember the Dallas game last year.  KG had to cover Chandler at the end of the game.  That left BBD on Dirk.  He was in his face, in his shirt, didn't let him move an inch.  Dirk said, "okay, fine"  and shot it right over him - swish and we lose!!  That was the best D he could play - and he was too short!!  No way he shoots that over KG!  I will be a happy guy when they package him out of town......the sooner the better.  Rondo?  I'm happy if he stays, happy if he goes, but to blame Davis performance on Rondo is bad, man, even for a known Rondo-hater like you!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report: CSN Rondo has worn out his welcome "a little" in Boston. : C'mon now - I'm a Rondo guy, I know you're not, and I get it.  He is NOT one of the elite PG's in the game, but he plays good D, and is a true PG - he may HAVE to be traded now, because we need more scoring, but I am okay with that, too.  I have been saying for 2 years now that Davis is highly over-rated.  How does an athlete GAIN 30 lbs during the season?  Because of Rondo?  He acts out because he has acted out his entire life - he is a horrible rebounder and takes bad shots.  He must have a low BBIQ because he doesn't learn.  Defense?  I remember the Dallas game last year.  KG had to cover Chandler at the end of the game.  That left BBD on Dirk.  He was in his face, in his shirt, didn't let him move an inch.  Dirk said, "okay, fine"  and shot it right over him - swish and we lose!!  That was the best D he could play - and he was too short!!  No way he shoots that over KG!  I will be a happy guy when they package him out of town......the sooner the better.  Rondo?  I'm happy if he stays, happy if he goes, but to blame Davis performance on Rondo is bad, man, even for a known Rondo-hater like you!!

My main point is the obvious double standard.

Pud

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report: CSN Rondo has worn out his welcome "a little" in Boston. : My main point is the obvious double standard. Pud

How about KG going 0-0 from the FT line, or RA getting torched by Wade?  Gotta spread the blame around!  Rondo hurts us by his lack of shooting, but it was a total team effort in that MIA series.  So here is hoping that JJJ can play a little, and Green turns out to be a great sub for PP.  Trade baby for a backup C, use the MLE on a shooter.....and sign a couple of vet-min guys like Mo Evans, and we should be a lot closer to MIA and CHI next year!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report: CSN Rondo has worn out his welcome "a little" in Boston. : How about KG going 0-0 from the FT line, or RA getting torched by Wade?  Gotta spread the blame around!  Rondo hurts us by his lack of shooting, but it was a total team effort in that MIA series.  So here is hoping that JJJ can play a little, and Green turns out to be a great sub for PP.  Trade baby for a backup C, use the MLE on a shooter.....and sign a couple of vet-min guys like Mo Evans, and we should be a lot closer to MIA and CHI next year!

You seem to be missing my point completely... and now you're off on a tangent. 

I am suggesting that the culprit causing BBD to act out may be the favored handling shown Rondo (when Rondo shows his azz) by management compared to what is shown BBD or others when they play poorly. 

That's a fairly simple notion. Think about it.

Pud

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Report: CSN Rondo has worn out his welcome "a little" in Boston. : You seem to be missing my point completely... and now you're off on a tangent.  I am suggesting that the culprit causing BBD to act out may be the favored handling shown Rondo (when Rondo shows his azz) by management compared to what is shown BBD or others when they play poorly.  That's a fairly simple notion. Think about it. Pud

Rondo stays within his role even when he plays poorly. BBD got out of his role and started acting like he was the star (shooting rather than passing and going in for rebounds). On top of that, Doc's dissatisfaction with some of Rondo's stubbornness and antics is well documented.

Sections
Shortcuts