Request: MORE JEFF GREEN PLEASE!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Request: MORE JEFF GREEN PLEASE!!!!!!

He does not play enough. I dont know what else he has to do to earn time, but this kid has game. Offense and Defense. Smart player with a tough attitude.

Get this kid more minutes Doc. at the 3 or 4. doesnt matter. he makes positive plays consistently.

i must say tho he gets the worst calls against him and he gets fouled a ton with no calls more than any player ive seen recently. Its like they dont wanna tag the big 4 with fouls so they hit green.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Re: Request: MORE JEFF GREEN PLEASE!!!!!!

In Response to Request: MORE JEFF GREEN PLEASE!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]He does not play enough. I dont know what else he has to do to earn time, but this kid has game. Offense and Defense. Smart player with a tough attitude. Get this kid more minutes Doc. at the 3 or 4. doesnt matter. he makes positive plays consistently. i must say tho he gets the worst calls against him and he gets fouled a ton with no calls more than any player ive seen recently. Its like they dont wanna tag the big 4 with fouls so they hit green.
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

Agreed, Thats what I have been trying to say. Give the man more minutes, we definetly can use his athletic ability.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I agree, Green needs to be getting 30 minutes per game.

I honestly believe if Doc keeps playing him like he has, Green will be gone.  Then again, if he gets a contract offer that the Celtics don't want to match, he still may be gone.

I cannot understand how a guy with this much talent cannot stay on the court.  Doc?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Agree with all of the others that Green needs to be playing more minutes.  He is definitely one of the best bench players that the Celtics have. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

Yeah, I don't understand why Green isn't logging heavy minutes right now. The dude needs to play!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

HERE HERE!!  more green and MORE DELONTE = saving just a shred of rondo, ray, pierce and kg for the playoffs!!  why won't doc do it?  because he's awful at minute management and always has been.  we waited all this time for delonte and now delonte gets 15 minutes and rondo still booking 40 minutes. 

the box score reads like a nightmare of our old 3 getting worn out right before the playoffs.  DELONTE can help lower ray and rondo's time, GREEN can help lower BOTH pierce and kg and davis can lower KG and share the heavy lifting at the 5.

doc has the pieces and he's still wearing out the old guys.  inexcusable.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Excellent point,  last night we could not score yet Green did while he was in.  Yet he did not get the minutes.  Big mistake and very short sighted thinking by Doc.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigJoedaddyBoston. Show BigJoedaddyBoston's posts

YES, PLAY GREEN at least 30 min a game.  Cut Murphy, he is a bum!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

I like Doc, but I agree that he's not good at minutes management. More playtime for the bench and less for the starters. I don't really care if it costs us a few games.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

Green also needs the ball on transitions cause he is strong and can finish.  He was a high flyer with the Thunder and needs to run more cause i think he is not used to our half  court stagnant offense that Rondo is playing lately  Boringg

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

He should be getting huge minutes to spell Ray and Pierce like Ainge said he wanted. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtfan4life. Show celtfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Request: MORE JEFF GREEN PLEASE!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]I like Doc, but I agree that he's not good at minutes management. More playtime for the bench and less for the starters. I don't really care if it costs us a few games.
    Posted by basketbert[/QUOTE]
    I think Doc is trying to get Home court advantage, thats probably why he has the starters still logging more minutes!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

1) Jeff Green is being squandered by tha Doc, very unfortunate, please doc, 20-25 minutes per night for Green and Delonte?

2) Globe writers and insistence that the trade was the issue for Celts-

a) Shaquille ONeal has been on the DL most of season, latest status not promising at all.... same for other ONeal. Bad breaks 4 sure.

b) Ainge traded Perkins, who was DL all year except 1 month AND is injured again and OUT FOR SEASON...

c) The Celtics may be down to Garnett and Kristic in the middle for playoffs, BUT that would have been the same with no trade, BUT then no Kristic and Green, Ainge not to blame,

PLAY BALL win or lose! GO CELTICS!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawaiibob. Show hawaiibob's posts

Ok so there is some rambling here so take it FWIW.

Minutes should be distributed somewhat in this manner:

PG--Rondo 33 West 15
    SG--Ray 30 West/Green 18 (Green could play some limited 2--6-8 max; it will create a mismatch on both ends; try it-- see if it works)
    SF--Pierce 32 (8-10 beg. of game and beg of 3rd quarter; 8 end of 2nd quarter and end of game.) Green 16
    PF--KG 30 BBD/Green 18
    C---Shaq/Kristic 33 BBD/JO 15

Rotate in Murphy (I believe he needs to prove he can't play before we give up on him) Pavlovic, Wafer, Arroyo as possible or dictated by in-game decisions--foul trouble, defensive schemes/matchups

Total minutes 240
    Breaks down this way
    Rondo 33
    Ray 30
    PP   32
    KG 30
    Shaq 22
    Total: 127
    Remaining to bench 113
    Green 30
    BBd 25-30
    West 25-30
    Kristic 15-20
    Total: 110 if using the higher number which is basically 240 (actually 237--close enough if you add a minute here or there to any of the totals)

Yes Green needs 30+ minutes. Totally impressed with his speed, skills, athleticism, etc. This guy can play! Doc/Danny need to figure out how to mix and match him within rotations but he should see major, major minutes.

Kristic and Murph need to be given lots of time and chances to figure it out. They can be very valuable the rest of the way. I really think 15 minutes minimum for each. I know if Murph gets 15 it does mess up the math above but nothing is exact. I will stand by my statement that he needs to prove he can't cut it by given regular time and opportunities.

End of close games lineups:

1)West, Ray, PP, Green, KG--strengths--shooting, tempo, aggressiveness, FF reliability; weakness: interior D, rebounding--not a good combo--who keeps the Howards, Bynums, Gasols, etc off the O glass?

2) West, Ray, BBD, Pierce, KG--strengths--same as 1 but better interior D and rebounding. But still same concerns re: opponent bigs

3) Rondo, Ray, Green, Pierce, KG.  I really want to see Green be a huge part of the rotation as he offers some of the intangibles an athletic player provides.

IF JON is able to give us any quality minutes, meaning he has lift and mobility then the end of games may be where he fits best--he can play the interior D and keep others off the glass and get rebounds or allow ours to get the rebounds while blocking out.

For the playoffs: starters go back to more minutes--36 or so each for the 4. Green, BBD, DWest still avg close to 30. The 5 spot: Shaq, JON, Kristic have about 36 minutes to get it done between them BBD takes the remaining 10-12.

Getting way ahead of myself--if there is a finals rematch we better be damn sure we have the bigs to keep Gasol, Bynum, Odom, Kobe, Artest off the glass--not saying they'll all be in there at the same time but 3 to 4 of them will and they'll keep rotating those guys in. I HATE the lakers but as someone once said; keep your friends close and your enemies closer so i do keep an eye on them via espn and latimes. i haven't watched them much but did catch the end of the 4th and then the overtimes against phoenix and gasol looks wicked focused. we can say all we want and call him gasoft but with him and a healthy bynum we will have all we can handle. ain't saying we won't prevail but it will be an allout war and an epic title for the Celtics!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Request: MORE JEFF GREEN PLEASE!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]1) Jeff Green is being squandered by tha Doc, very unfortunate, please doc, 20-25 minutes per night for Green and Delonte? 2) Globe writers and insistence that the trade was the issue for Celts- a) Shaquille ONeal has been on the DL most of season, latest status not promising at all.... same for other ONeal. Bad breaks 4 sure. b) Ainge traded Perkins, who was DL all year except 1 month AND is injured again and OUT FOR SEASON... c) The Celtics may be down to Garnett and Kristic in the middle for playoffs, BUT that would have been the same with no trade, BUT then no Kristic and Green, Ainge not to blame, PLAY BALL win or lose! GO CELTICS!
    Posted by DeweyCBoston[/QUOTE]

Where do you read that Perkins is out for the remainder of the season?  I haven't read or seen anything about this. 

Sections
Shortcuts