Response if LA gets Paul.....C's go after DH?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bcgreen. Show bcgreen's posts

Response if LA gets Paul.....C's go after DH?

First off, the Lakers get these lucky deals more than any other team. I mean c'mon Houston, in the proposed deal the Rockets give up their 2 best players (scola and martin) and a first round pick for Gasol. Now they have Gasol and a so-so point in Lowry. That doesn't make them better now or for the future, Gasol is 31 and only going to get worse and most likely in a quick fashion.

On to the main point, we know that Rondo, no matter how much we love him, cannot be a player we build around when the big 3 are gone. I don't see him being as dominant if there are not amazing scorers, defenders, and willing players around him. SOOOO if Paul goes to LA, we make a package deal highlighting Rondo to ORL for DH.

Re-sign Delonte and billups will probably get the amnesty hand from the Knicks so try and convince him onto a 1-year deal. We can also amnesty JO to free up the money for those 2.

We now would have a starting 5 of: DH, KG, PP, RA, and billups/Delonte.

This just keeps LA away from being another power house like they always are. And at the end of the season, paul won't wanna stay with the Lakers with a fast-aging Kobe, so he opts out and comes to Boston. BAM, paul and DH paired up in Boston.

Just bored at work and thought this up for fun. Would be an awesome what-if scenario though.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Re: Response if LA gets Paul.....C's go after DH?

Thinking their would be a big push by Denver to bring Billups back.  He is a native and there is some word that he has a front office position in place there once he retires.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

I'm not sure how Boston can get DH but lets clear up a few things. Rondo as you rightly point out is NOT something you want to build a team around. He can't shoot and he sulks like a baby. With all this talk of him being traded for CP3, if Boston lucks out then watch him pout through this shortened season.

There will be teams out there who will offer more than you're scenario in trying to get DH so DA is gonna have to clever in thinking of ways to land him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

DH will stay in ORL - you heard it here first!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bcgreen. Show bcgreen's posts

I just can't understand Houston's thinking if they do this trade. How does this make them better in the now and for the future?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In Response to Re: Response if LA gets Paul.....C's go after DH?:
    I just can't understand Houston's thinking if they do this trade. How does this make them better in the now and for the future?
    Posted by bcgreen

Because Houston has always been a comformist franchise.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

has anyone posted the head-to-head stats of Rondo and CPaul?  As far as I know, everytime they play each other, Rondo plays better. Let LA have him..I am glad Rondo stays!

Sections
Shortcuts