posted at 12/5/2012 10:56 PM EST
And lets not forget this
posted at 11/23/2012 04:19:09 EST
- Posts: 1688
- First: 07/24/2012
- Last: 12/04/2012
Thanks for your post.
I post here for entertainment, as do many of us.
I also like the back and forth discussions between Celtics and Lakers fans.
Many of the things of value that I post here are missed because of the abrasive persona that "Tommy" turned into.
Here are some things I will admit:
1) I have always been a Lakers fan.
2) I have been wrong about many things. (Ramon Sessions, Mike Brown).
3) I have been pretty accurate about other things: (Reasons why trades make sense or don't make sense, Dwight Howard trade).
4) The Celtics deserve respect for their 17 championships. The timing of them should not be so important to Celtics haters.
5) Boston has endured a number of franchise changing tragedies. Without the passing of Len Bias, Boston could have two or three more championships.
6) Boston has acted like the more professional organization over the last half decade. The Lakers have signed a number of players that are not good role models and often act like thugs or are immature. (MWP/Barnes/Bynum). LA acted like thugs and babies when they were swept by Dallas. They also didn't handle the Brown/Jackson/D'Antoni situation with much care. Boston in turn, showed tremendous class in how they handled the Wilcox and Green heart issues last year and how they handled the Dooling situation this year.
There will probably always be a connection of hatred/respect between the Celtics and Lakers and their fans. It seems like many of the popular threads are between Lakers and Celtics fans.