RETURN OF BIG THREE IN 2014-2015 !

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

RETURN OF BIG THREE IN 2014-2015 !

It's true , you can mark it down and remember I said it first....

The Big Three will be back in Celtic Green next season as the 10th, 11th, and 12th mean on the 15 man roster.......no back to backs , 20 minutes a game , used as "Coolers" and "Closers" in the late 4th quarter

It makes perfect sense and I predict we will see KG , Pierce and Ray Allen all return to Boston next season for 1yr contracts for what I call "Scalabrine Money" - more than the vet minimum for solid bench players who will also police the locker room and mediate disputes with their veteran leadership.

I predict Ainge will offer then 1yr deals on the first day of free agency and I predict all three guys come back to Boston to retire as Celtics.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxpatscelts25. Show soxpatscelts25's posts

Re: RETURN OF BIG THREE IN 2014-2015 !

Except KG isnt a free agent.  I hope Pierce comes back though. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Celtics have a traded player exception (TPE) of 10.3 million that they got through the Pierce for Bogans 'seperate side deal' swap last summer.

The TPE can only be used by itself to trade for one player.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/07/16/celtics-gain-valuable-trade-exception-nets-deal/qC10kzuwZ8eYHzhhAlJ8EN/story.html

Because of the hard cap, the trade exception is likely to go unused this season unless the Celtics make moves to lower their overall salary.

But come next summer, between July 10 (when the free agent moratorium is lifted) to July 12 (when the exception itself expires), the Celtics are no longer hard-capped and the $10.3 million exception could be very valuable.

The Celtics can use the exception to help acquire players through a trade or a sign-and-trade, but not as a free agent signing.

After July 1st KG can be traded back to the Celtics. Until then league rules say there is 'no reacquiring'  of a player traded away by his former team.

KG is set to make 12 million next year. The Celtics can trade for him with the TPE. He would just have to make less than 125% more than the 10.3m. That is 12.575 million. Boom!

If KG really did not see the Nets as contenders next season and wanted to leave Brooklyn and return to Boston for his farewell tour he could threaten to retire. He has a no trade clause. The Nets could be tossed a 2nd rd pick for their troubles. The savings of KG's 12 million plus the luxury tax ramifications would be a monster help to them anyhow.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I have a hard time seeing Ray coming back considering KG and Paul still do not talk to him.

but in order for the other two to return three things would have to happen first:

1. The Celtics would have to keep Rondo

2. The Celtics would have to make moves at the deadline with the intetion of adding to a Rondo-Bradley-Green-Sully core and the move would have to help make us be at least as competitive as the Nets would be next year. (Bass and Favarani for Asik accomplishes this I think)

3. The Nets would have to flame out in the playoffs and/or have some issues that make KG and PP think they have no shot at a title with Brooklyn next season

Then KG can force the Nets to trade him here for our TPE, pkay 1 more season, declare it his last, and get retirment farewll love all year long.

Pierce would sign here for the MLE (no cap space with Rondo/Asik) over 2 years, pass Havlicek for all-time season played (currently 16 to 15) and would have an outside shot at all-time points as a Celtic if he plays 75-80 games a season and scores 14-16 points a game (would be very hard ages 37 and 38). But at least he retires and Green.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

At the deadline the Celtics could do these two deals:

1. Bass and Favarani for Asik

This greatly helps the Rockets as they get a backup C for Howard to fill the Gortat/Asik enforcer/defender role, and he does 60% of what Asik does on defense and 90% of what he does on offense for a fraction of the price. Then Bass would give them a floor spacer, hard worker, solid defender to throw at Durant (in small minutes).

2. Humphries for Perkins, Perry Jones III and some form of draft pick compensation.

OKC has the Mavs 1st this year if it falls outside the top 20 (currently 21) I would offer to swap that pick for the Sixers 2nd rd pick, thus moving up 10-12 spots. If the Mavs are inside the top 20 I would take OKC's 2015 1st rd pick, giving us 3 in that draft.

Humphries is a solid upgrade to the plodding Perk, who is only helpful if the Thunder face the Rockets. Saving 4-6 million next season (assuming they resign Hump for 6-7m a year or spend the full MLE on a big man) is worth not having Perk to defend one player.

The Celtics save 2.5 million this year. Paying Perk 9 million next year is a huge price for a 1st rd pick in the 20's and the flyer on Perry Jones (Green's replacement down the line?) but if the goal is to get the band back together for 1 year Perk can play limited minutes as an enforcer, is one of Rondo and KG's best friends in the league and a great locker room guy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Celtics draft Smart at pick 4-6. He is NBA ready to be paired with Rondo or Bradley in a devestating backcourt.

Then hopefully they are sitting there with a pick in the 16-18 range and another around 21-22. Not sure yet who they would target. With Bradley as your starting SG they could use some size and a shooter here. Maybe Terran Petteway? 40% on 3's, catch and shoot and create his own shot wing. Great size at 6'6". If he stays in school would be in the lotto for sure in '15. Weakness seems to be turnovers and playng out of control b/c he has a high motor/non-stop effort. Wallace and Pierce would be great mentors and on the court with two of Bradley/Smart/Rondo in the backcourt, Asik or KG at C and Sully at PF would be a really tough defensive unit.

I would love them to move the Nets/Hawks pick and then the Clippers pick in '15, along with Olynyk, to the Jazz for Hayward.

Even if they don't do that, this would be a very intresting team next year:

C - KG (starts but only plays like 14 mins), Asik (26m), Perk (8m)

PF - Sully (30m), Olynyk (18m)

SF - Green (24m), Pierce (24m)

SG - Bradley (32m), Smart (8m), Green (8m)

PG - Rondo (34m), Smart (14m)

Wallace is the odd man out. The team would hopefully find a way to move him. Pressey, another 1st rd pick, Chris Johnson and Joel Anthony round out the 15 man.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Sorry but I think you're dreaming. I do think Pierce comes back, not for an entire season but maybe a 10 day contract. Don't forget KG still wants to play for Doc, so I wouldn't be suprised to see him hang it up in a Clippers Uniform.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

This forum is for posting about all kinds of scenario's, regardless of how realistic, in order to have fun and simply enjoy talking with other fans of the same team.

It is not a competition to see who is closest to 'calling it right' and those (mostly one) who relentlessly bully the posters who are here to speculate and have fun are just abject losers with no job, friends, significant other etc. outside this forum and have to resort to that kind of sad immaturity on the internet to fill their empty lives.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Bingo!

[/QUOTE]

1500 posts since you were banned a month ago huh Fiercy?

You come back to where you are clearly not wanted and average 50 posts a day. HAHAHA. What a pathetic empty life you must live.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

What if PP and KG both go to play with the Clippers now that Doc is there. Recall that KG wouldn't waive his no trade & I believe he and PP along with Paul & Griffin would have had a better chance contending with the Cliipers than the Nets. And PP could retire in his home territory and KG has a home there too. How about the 4 including Allen & Rondo go to the  Clippers and since this seems more like a fantasy &  California Dreaming they get Perkins there too so we could field our 2008 World Champion team. Oops, try to get Tony Allen too.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

Why do you have to make it personal all the time?

It's a fact that your pipe dream scenarios are laughable, comedic even!

[/QUOTE]

I had fun speculating about it. That is all that matters. They are not predictions.

I make things personal with you only because you clearly are a bitter, lonely person with serious issues who bullies and makes things personal left and right on this board in your pathetic 50 post a day existance.

So enjoy laughing at my fun speculative posts 'Fiercy'. The very fact that you need to demean others ideas and laugh at them when they are just using this forum the way it is supposed to be used proves my point in just how big a loser you actually are.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Why do you have to make it personal all the time?

It's a fact that your pipe dream scenarios are laughable, comedic even!

[/QUOTE]

I had fun speculating about it. That is all that matters. They are not predictions.

I make things personal with you only because you clearly are a bitter, lonely person with serious issues who bullies and makes things personal left and right on this board in your pathetic 50 post a day existance.

So enjoy laughing at my fun speculative posts 'Fiercy'. The very fact that you need to demean others ideas and laugh at them when they are just using this forum the way it is supposed to be used proves my point in just how big a loser you actually are.

[/QUOTE]

Rame is plenty personal going after fungus... but he is plenty accurate too.

The truth hurts sometimes.

Pud

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from louchin. Show louchin's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Celtics have a traded player exception (TPE) of 10.3 million that they got through the Pierce for Bogans 'seperate side deal' swap last summer.

The TPE can only be used by itself to trade for one player.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/07/16/celtics-gain-valuable-trade-exception-nets-deal/qC10kzuwZ8eYHzhhAlJ8EN/story.html

Because of the hard cap, the trade exception is likely to go unused this season unless the Celtics make moves to lower their overall salary.

But come next summer, between July 10 (when the free agent moratorium is lifted) to July 12 (when the exception itself expires), the Celtics are no longer hard-capped and the $10.3 million exception could be very valuable.

The Celtics can use the exception to help acquire players through a trade or a sign-and-trade, but not as a free agent signing.

After July 1st KG can be traded back to the Celtics. Until then league rules say there is 'no reacquiring'  of a player traded away by his former team.

KG is set to make 12 million next year. The Celtics can trade for him with the TPE. He would just have to make less than 125% more than the 10.3m. That is 12.575 million. Boom!

If KG really did not see the Nets as contenders next season and wanted to leave Brooklyn and return to Boston for his farewell tour he could threaten to retire. He has a no trade clause. The Nets could be tossed a 2nd rd pick for their troubles. The savings of KG's 12 million plus the luxury tax ramifications would be a monster help to them anyhow.

[/QUOTE]

I do see PP coming back next year, and for KG, a slight possibilty, but as for Allen, forget! Allen burnt his bridges with the Boston Celtics and he will only remain a footnote in its history...Myself, i wouldnt wanna see Allen back anyway! It would be cool to see PP and KG together on the Celtics team one more time...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to louchin's comment:

I do see PP coming back next year, and for KG, a slight possibilty, but as for Allen, forget! Allen burnt his bridges with the Boston Celtics and he will only remain a footnote in its history...Myself, i wouldnt wanna see Allen back anyway! It would be cool to see PP and KG together on the Celtics team one more time...

[/QUOTE]

RayRay's having way too much fun in SoBe to think about coming back to Beantown.... particularly if Rondo is still here.

KG and CPP are having far less fun.

Pud 

Sections
Shortcuts