Revenge Tour

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRADinLA. Show BRADinLA's posts

Revenge Tour

So, KG's clearly on some sort of revenge tour, whether you took advantage of his hobbled leg last year or you slandered him in the press in the past few weeks you've got a huge night of scoring and rebounding on your *** from the Big Ticket coming your way.

And who's the final boss in this video game?  One Pau Gasol.  Look out Spaniard.  Even while still dealing with the effects of his injury/surgery in last year's finals KG still managed to manhandle and disrupt Gasol for a couple of games then.  Wait 'til KG sets his sights this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

Re: Revenge Tour

i think kg played better on pau after the game 2 press of pau being the best power forward in the league today. he wasn't great but made him work harder. i too can not wait for kg to go on pau. even shaq on bynum and pau. our team looks scary when they play their defense. just need the consistency right now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

KG and Shaq, keep an eye on them, especially when they get to play against the fakers.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRADinLA. Show BRADinLA's posts

In Response to Re: Revenge Tour:
    KG and Shaq, keep an eye on them, especially when they get to play against the fakers.
    Posted by celticsfanmx

Agreed.  I really cannot see how the Lakers have a chance of beating this Celtics team if healthy.  They barely beat us last year when we were battered and bruised and they had home court.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In Response to Re: Revenge Tour : Agreed.  I really cannot see how the Lakers have a chance of beating this Celtics team if healthy.  They barely beat us last year when we were battered and bruised and they had home court.
    Posted by BRADinLA

The Lakers may not get a chance to play in the finals this season. I like the Celtics chances to win it in the East. Orlando is the only other Eastern power house team and Boston when healthy can handle Orlando.
        Thus far, two of the teams from the lone star state are looking like the best in the west and Houston is not one of them. 
       The season's still young and things can change of course, but those are the 4 teams that look the best thus far IMO.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

KG and Shaq.

The Godfathers of the 2000s NBA. 

The Celtics are like a dream team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: Revenge Tour :   The Lakers may not get a chance to play in the finals this season. I like the Celtics chances to win it in the East. Orlando is the only other Eastern power house team and Boston when healthy can handle Orlando.     Thus far, two of the teams from the lone star state are looking like the best in the west and Houston is not one of them.     The season's still young and things can change of course, but those are the 4 teams that look the best thus far IMO.
    Posted by mem17

HELLOOO! We're in December!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

This C's team is built for the whole enchilada.  Assuming LA gets to the finals (a pretty safe assumption), they're going to deal with KG, Baby, Shaq, JO, and Perkins.  Boston really beefed-up the main (and maybe only) weakness in their series last June.

Good luck with that combo, LA.  Baby on his own is tougher than any Laker playing right now.  Add in a healthy Shaq and JO, and LA is going to simply have fits in the post.  Gasol is going to get pushed around like Noah did last night.
    There are few players in this league who can survive the self-infllicted beatings that Baby gives himself; last night was proof, if you watched the game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

In Response to Re: Revenge Tour : Agreed.  I really cannot see how the Lakers have a chance of beating this Celtics team if healthy.  They barely beat us last year when we were battered and bruised and they had home court.
    Posted by BRADinLA

An lets not forget the 37 Free throw attempts byt he lakers to 14 byt the Celtics thats the game right there i believe and also the crooked refs

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

WWF thread title. LOL
    This 82 game preseason is shaping up good for all the C fans.
    I am loving Shaq's dedication and embracing of the teams ethos of sacrifice.  What a complement he is to a resurgent KG.
    Ain't nothing like the real thing, baby...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

QDaddy is not welcome but his comment is well taken.  It is only Dec. 4 and we need to be mindful that.  We are looking good and justice should be down next June with the Celtics winning 18.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

QDaddy is not welcome but his comment is well taken.  It is only Dec. 4 and we need to be mindful that.  We are looking good and justice should be down next June with the Celtics winning 18.
    Posted by concord27

I'm glad SOMEBODY understands that.

The Lakers looked like world beaters the first two weeks.

The C's look good now.

It doesn't mean SQUAT now. By the spring, Bynum and Ratliff will have returned...O'Neal (either one) may be back in the trainers room...and both teams are sure to have some of their starters dinged up with ankle, hammy or other ailments.

We're not eve sweatin' this part of the season. So, I wouldn't be making plans for that 18th banner, cause we're expecting to tie the C's with 17.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Revenge Tour : I'm glad SOMEBODY understands that. The Lakers looked like world beaters the first two weeks. The C's look good now. It doesn't mean SQUAT now. By the spring, Bynum and Ratliff will have returned...O'Neal (either one) may be back in the trainers room...and both teams are sure to have some of their starters dinged up with ankle, hammy or other ailments. We're not eve sweatin' this part of the season. So, I wouldn't be making plans for that 18th banner, cause we're expecting to tie the C's with 17.
    Posted by Qdaddy

Yea the C's looked good the first two weeks as well as now.  We will have Perk and JO and Delonte back by then, so don't going crying about injuries.  I wouldn't go making plans on 17 championships because we are fully expecting to get #18 this year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Q....just asking.....why do you feel Ratliffe will even play?  ....how many games/minutes has he played the last 3-5 years? ....and how effective was he?  ....I am really asking this question because I have no idea....I can't remember reading or hearing anything about him....including when he was on our roster...not being sarcastic...I truly have no idea of what type of player he is at this point...if you think he is a part of your rotation...please explain....and thanks man....take care...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Revenge Tour : I'm glad SOMEBODY understands that. The Lakers looked like world beaters the first two weeks. The C's look good now. It doesn't mean SQUAT now. By the spring, Bynum and Ratliff will have returned...O'Neal (either one) may be back in the trainers room...and both teams are sure to have some of their starters dinged up with ankle, hammy or other ailments. We're not eve sweatin' this part of the season. So, I wouldn't be making plans for that 18th banner, cause we're expecting to tie the C's with 17.
    Posted by Qdaddy

You were also expecting the Lakers to beat FC Barcelona, right?

HAHAHA!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Q....just asking.....why do you feel Ratliffe will even play?  ....how many games/minutes has he played the last 3-5 years? ....and how effective was he?  ....I am really asking this question because I have no idea....I can't remember reading or hearing anything about him....including when he was on our roster...not being sarcastic...I truly have no idea of what type of player he is at this point...if you think he is a part of your rotation...please explain....and thanks man....take care...
    Posted by Duke4

You didn't know that the Lakers were unbeaten when Theo was playing?

I mean the Lakers really miss Theo's 0.3 points per game. 

HAHAHA!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Wow....never mind Q.....I just looked up his stats.....over the last 5 years he makes Greg Kite look like Robert Parish.....he is 37 and has been done for the past 5 years....good luck counting on that guy....Semih Erden would kill this guy one on one....look, you and I have had some good dialogues....but to think he is going to counter Shaq..... (or JON, who I think is every bit as done) is kidding yourself...just my opinion my friend...I've been wrong before...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Posted by Qdaddy

Yeah...but it's only December.  Why would expect the Lakers to win the title?  Keep talking out of both sides of your mouth man.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Gasol made his bones last year by narrowly besting a hobbled KG. What will it be like this year? Well it took the decline of KG and Duncan for the elevation of Gasol's reputation. He has always played third or fourth fiddle in the past.

Now that KG has a chip on his shoulder, Gasol will have to move back to third fiddle.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: Revenge Tour : You were also expecting the Lakers to beat FC Barcelona, right? HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34

Actually, I didn't care whether or not they beat Barcelona. Me and my fellow Laker friends just wanted to see them come home without any injuries...and they accomplished that. We view these exhibitions the same way that the English Premier League teams that visited the US after the World Cup did. Just a tuneup.

You guys are the ones who made an issue of that game. We DON'T CARE!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Wow....never mind Q.....I just looked up his stats.....over the last 5 years he makes Greg Kite look like Robert Parish.....he is 37 and has been done for the past 5 years....good luck counting on that guy....Semih Erden would kill this guy one on one....look, you and I have had some good dialogues....but to think he is going to counter Shaq..... (or JON, who I think is every bit as done) is kidding yourself...just my opinion my friend...I've been wrong before...
    Posted by Duke4

Duke, Ratliff fills a need for the Lakers and at less cost than the 2 he replaced. He's still a good rebounder, will provide minutes for Bynum and Gasol to rest, and will score a little. NOBODY with the Lakers, nor the fans expected him to come in and be the second  coming of Jabbar. The surgery he had was minor and when he gets back, he'll do exactly what the Lakers expect of the second unit. And let's be realistic, Erden doesn't have the "experience" that a vet like Ratliff brings. I wouldn't count on HIM that much.

Dr. Buss brought in quality players and he didn't break the bank to do it. I may be wrong, but I believe he's spending less on the free agents that he signed versus what the C's signed. And Barnes, Blake and Shannon Brown have already proved their value. Once Ratliff comes back, he'll be a key contributor...more so than Mbenga and Josh Powell (although I have to admit, I liked Powell).

You guys have your own walking wounded in JON, Delonte, Perk and now Rondo. The team that manages their injured players better is going to have an advantage when the playoffs start. That's why it's important to get Bynum and Ratliff back...to spell Gasol some.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Revenge Tour : Actually, I didn't care whether or not they beat Barcelona. Me and my fellow Laker friends just wanted to see them come home without any injuries...and they accomplished that. We view these exhibitions the same way that the English Premier League teams that visited the US after the World Cup did. Just a tuneup. You guys are the ones who made an issue of that game. We DON'T CARE!!
    Posted by Qdaddy

Like you DON'T CARE TO SHOW UP HERE AFTER EVERY LAKER LOSS?

HAHAHA!!!

It takes you at least 12 hours to get over the loss, right?

HAHAHA!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

OK "Q", I see where you are coming from......long season....let's hope our teams make it back for the rubber match!! Take care buddy.....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Revenge Tour:
    So, KG's clearly on some sort of revenge tour, whether you took advantage of his hobbled leg last year or you slandered him in the press in the past few weeks you've got a huge night of scoring and rebounding on your *** from the Big Ticket coming your way. And who's the final boss in this video game?  One Pau Gasol.  Look out Spaniard.  Even while still dealing with the effects of his injury/surgery in last year's finals KG still managed to manhandle and disrupt Gasol for a couple of games then.  Wait 'til KG sets his sights this year.
    Posted by BRADinLA

LOVE it

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Revenge Tour : Duke, Ratliff fills a need for the Lakers and at less cost than the 2 he replaced. He's still a good rebounder, will provide minutes for Bynum and Gasol to rest, and will score a little. NOBODY with the Lakers, nor the fans expected him to come in and be the second  coming of Jabbar. The surgery he had was minor and when he gets back, he'll do exactly what the Lakers expect of the second unit. And let's be realistic, Erden doesn't have the "experience" that a vet like Ratliff brings. I wouldn't count on HIM that much. Dr. Buss brought in quality players and he didn't break the bank to do it. I may be wrong, but I believe he's spending less on the free agents that he signed versus what the C's signed. And Barnes, Blake and Shannon Brown have already proved their value. Once Ratliff comes back, he'll be a key contributor...more so than Mbenga and Josh Powell (although I have to admit, I liked Powell). You guys have your own walking wounded in JON, Delonte, Perk and now Rondo. The team that manages their injured players better is going to have an advantage when the playoffs start. That's why it's important to get Bynum and Ratliff back...to spell Gasol some.
    Posted by Qdaddy

After watching Farmar twice now for New Jersey I don't think the Lakers upgraded at all with Blake.  At best they are equal.

Sections
Shortcuts