Revenge Tour

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Re: Revenge Tour

Wednesday should be a good game. K-mart and KG have never liked each other. Even at his peak he was no match for KG, but I am sure that He gave KG trouble last year.

If we have enough players to play a good game, even the Nuggets will have to bow down to the Celtics.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: Revenge Tour:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revenge Tour : Like you DON'T CARE TO SHOW UP HERE AFTER EVERY LAKER LOSS? HAHAHA!!! It takes you at least 12 hours to get over the loss, right? HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Uhhh....I have a life beyond forums.

I'm sure you post the minute after a Lakers loss. I'm not too worried like you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]OK "Q", I see where you are coming from......long season....let's hope our teams make it back for the rubber match!! Take care buddy.....
    Posted by Duke4[/QUOTE]

I have the same HIGH expectations for the Lakers that you do for the C's. I may dislike the C's (the same way the Celtic fanbase does the Lakers), but I expect them to show everyone that they're NOT going away anytime soon.

There's a reason these two teams have won more than half of ALL the NBA titles. They're two well run organizations that are always trying to find ways to improve. I FULLY expect another Lakers/Celtics finals...regardless of what the "Court Jester" and his crew did in South Beach in the off-season. You can't just throw 3 all-stars together (although I personally don't put Bosh at that level) and a bunch of scrubs and expect to win "multiple championships".  Yeah, I think we're headed to the rubber match provided injuries don't derail either team.

Good luck to your team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]Gasol made his bones last year by narrowly besting a hobbled KG. What will it be like this year? Well it took the decline of KG and Duncan for the elevation of Gasol's reputation. He has always played third or fourth fiddle in the past. Now that KG has a chip on his shoulder, Gasol will have to move back to third fiddle.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime[/QUOTE]

Stats don't lie. Yes KG and Duncan can't beat "father time", but it happens. I can say the same about Michael Jordan taking advantage of an older Lakers team when HE started winning.

But Gasol's numbers are clearly better than KG and Duncan...and they have ANOTHER year on their frame.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revenge Tour : Uhhh....I have a life beyond forums. I'm sure you post the minute after a Lakers loss. I'm not too worried like you.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

You have a life beyond forums if the Lakers lose, right?

There are good times and there are bad times, guess you're a good times guy, huh?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revenge Tour : Stats don't lie. Yes KG and Duncan can't beat "father time", but it happens. I can say the same about Michael Jordan taking advantage of an older Lakers team when HE started winning. But Gasol's numbers are clearly better than KG and Duncan...and they have ANOTHER year on their frame.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

That's good, I hope Gasol keeps playing 40 minutes every night. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revenge Tour : After watching Farmar twice now for New Jersey I don't think the Lakers upgraded at all with Blake.  At best they are equal.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Well that's ONE man's opinion.

Blake has ALREADY won at least one game for the Lakers. He's integrated well into the triangle and he's only been with the team since the summer. He's playing good defense and scoring...the two things that Phil wanted from him. Once he gains a GOOD understanding of the triangle, we're expecting much more. I liked Farmar (cause he's a homeboy from LA), but it's pretty evident that Blake IS an upgrade.

Can you say the same about Jermaine O'Neal? LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revenge Tour : Well that's ONE man's opinion. Blake has ALREADY won at least one game for the Lakers. He's integrated well into the triangle and he's only been with the team since the summer. He's playing good defense and scoring...the two things that Phil wanted from him. Once he gains a GOOD understanding of the triangle, we're expecting much more. I liked Farmar (cause he's a homeboy from LA), but it's pretty evident that Blake IS an upgrade. Can you say the same about Jermaine O'Neal? LOL
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

You really want to go the JO route?

Who's better JO or Theo?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/nate_robinson/

Who's better Nate or Blake?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/semih_erden/

Who's better Semih or Caracter?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Revenge Tour : Stats don't lie. Yes KG and Duncan can't beat "father time", but it happens. I can say the same about Michael Jordan taking advantage of an older Lakers team when HE started winning. But Gasol's numbers are clearly better than KG and Duncan...and they have ANOTHER year on their frame.
    Posted by Qdaddy[/QUOTE]

It is all relative

If the Lakers need a 23-12 from Gasol to beat Boston in the finals

And KG holds him to 19-10

While using his new health to steal just one big rebound and using his hops to get one big layup that would have been a missed fallaway last year

but only scores 15 and gets 9 boards

and the Celtics win the game

who outplayed who?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

SO FAR, THIS SEASON, THE LAKERS HAVE ONLY BEATEN 2 WINNING TEAMS, THE SUNS BACK IN OCTOBER AND THE BULLS IN NOVEMBER.

OH, THAT'S RIGHT YOU'RE NOT WORRIED, YOU JUST SLEEP IT OFF THEN POST AGAIN AFTER 12 HOURS.

hahaha!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Qdaddy,

While all players age, last year had more to do with injury than age. Making your bones against an injured player is not the same as doing against an aging player.

The difference is that pay back is a beatch when the injured player recovers. KG could not rebound in the finals. I think that the difference will become obvious come January. Most of the league has not seen the recovered KG play, but they will.

KG is KG again, and how Gasol plays against other players will not matter. At the higher levels, all players can get stats if they want to. Gasol's true test will be how well he plays against KG.

KG does not care about stats, however, the revenge tour will continue.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

In Response to Revenge Tour:
    [QUOTE]So, KG's clearly on some sort of revenge tour, whether you took advantage of his hobbled leg last year or you slandered him in the press in the past few weeks you've got a huge night of scoring and rebounding on your *** from the Big Ticket coming your way. And who's the final boss in this video game?  One Pau Gasol.  Look out Spaniard.  Even while still dealing with the effects of his injury/surgery in last year's finals KG still managed to manhandle and disrupt Gasol for a couple of games then.  Wait 'til KG sets his sights this year.
    Posted by BRADinLA[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately though Brad one key injury at the wrong time and it is all over. Poof!! Just like that. Such is life.

Sections
Shortcuts