Ric Bucher Thinks CP3 Goes to Boston

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Re: Ric Bucher Thinks CP3 Goes to Boston

i'll take rondo and his future over chris paul and his any day of the week. if i'm wrong, i'm wrong. whatever or whoever, i'll support my team and each of their players. time will tell. meanwhile, the Cs have certainly got more pressing issues than what to do w/ their gutsy first team all-defense all star pg.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

fiercest34,

Rondo is a great player. And the best point guard for the team in the big 3 was younger. like 2008 or 2009...now with the 3 getting older we have seen issues like an ability to score be an issue..
    chris paul will take care of that issue...and dish as much as rondo..
    im not saying rondo is a bad player..He is one of the best. But the better fit for boston may be cp3....unless if rondo can score on a consistant basis..
    I would love to see a trade be..rondo..big baby..(sign and Trade)...jeff green and the clipps pick...For paul...david west...okafor.....
    While resigning maquis daniles and ..either grant hill or battier.....

because if you look at a starting 5...
    paul,rey,truth,kg,okafor  (Is really good)
    West, dunleavy,daniels/hill,david west,joneal (bench)
    With leon powe/jason collins/spencer haws (pick one) and johnson being your 12....active...
    And bradley and another big free agent can be 14...while 1 free space is still on the roster...

those moves make the cs younger....and better rebounding...and with good shooting..and d....

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I think, right now, I'm happy with Rondo.  If we are looking for a stud to build around, I'd go with Paul..........but he'd have to change his name to CP4 or something, cuz he can't get #3!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

all interesting points.....the one guy that does not interest me (anymore) is Marquis Daniels....his on court intensity(?) reminds me too much of JD Drew.....Daniels seems like he is in a trace on the court....is it just me.....?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Ric Bucher Thinks CP3 Goes to Boston:
    all interesting points.....the one guy that does not interest me (anymore) is Marquis Daniels....his on court intensity(?) reminds me too much of JD Drew.....Daniels seems like he is in a trace on the court....is it just me.....?
    Posted by Duke4

NO NO NO  NOT JD Drew.......................lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Ric Bucher Thinks CP3 Goes to Boston:
    http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4686030/bucher-cp3s-best-fit-boston Since there is no obvious spot, I'm going to go off the boards and have him land in Boston in a deal for  Rajon Rondo . Rumors of such a deal already made the rounds once. New Orleans does a sign-and-trade -- the owners' proposed new max salary of $11 million would make it a straight-up trade -- to get a great young point guard to build around rather than come up empty. Paul, meanwhile, gets the chance to squeeze one more ring out of Boston's existing Big Three; why wouldn't Ray Allen  and  Kevin Garnett  re-sign to cap-friendly terms to give it to him?
    Posted by Fiercest34

I don't understand why New Orleans would make this trade.  I really like Paul and he would be a great fit for the Celtics in the future.  Although, he is frequently injured.  If Rondo could improve his shooting, he would be one of the best point guards in the league. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Rondo has shown "flashes", but he goes into a shell, when he misses a few in a row...He has to fight through it and become a student of the game...take some easy shots first to get in the flow...Remember, that was the knock on Magic and he turned out ok..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

fierce 34,

okafor vs perk......Sure emekas money is bad...but player for player ill take the 6 foot 8 perk vs. the bairly 6 foot 10 maybe 6 foot 9 and 11 over 12 perk...

I see your point on centers...even talk a leon powe....or dalenbert..haws....jason the dwight howard/bynum dominator collins....

I heard 2 deals...1 the NO deal with basically rondo, green and the clip pick...for paul, arriza and throw in pick or other player from there end...thats first

second is a deal to utah where baby,green,clip pick go to utah for all jefferson and gordon heywood...

remember theres no deal yet..so proposed is here say ..who knows

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

On a great team, I want Rondo, the utlimate team player, makes deflections, gets boards, assists, does not care if he gets his touches.

On a good team(Which is what we will be for the next four years or so)
    I want Paul, a point guard who can finish and shoot, generate some offense on his own.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

fierce 34, okafor vs perk......Sure emekas money is bad...but player for player ill take the 6 foot 8 perk vs. the bairly 6 foot 10 maybe 6 foot 9 and 11 over 12 perk... I see your point on centers...even talk a leon powe....or dalenbert..haws....jason the dwight howard/bynum dominator collins.... I heard 2 deals...1 the NO deal with basically rondo, green and the clip pick...for paul, arriza and throw in pick or other player from there end...thats first second is a deal to utah where baby,green,clip pick go to utah for all jefferson and gordon heywood... remember theres no deal yet..so proposed is here say ..who knows
    Posted by DoctorCO

I believe Haywood finished way too strong on both ends of the court last yr. (ask Kobe) to be included in any deal.. He can also play the 2 or 3 so will be practically untouchable..Plus there was already a viable living & breathing thread going on concerning the same topic; buck up..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

On a slightly different note - I've heard the max salary will be 11 mill - if that's agreed to, what about the current players  -  are they grandfathered in?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Posted by Duke4

It`s just you.You don`t play outstanding NBA defense in a trance.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

On a slightly different note - I've heard the max salary will be 11 mill - if that's agreed to, what about the current players  -  are they grandfathered in?
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

I would imagine that something like this would happen.  You can't expect current players to have to accept drastically lower salaries.  The other option is they would have to restructure their current contracts.  Something that is not currently possible. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Bucher needs to stop jacking my posts. i called this a long time ago. Rondo for CP3 straight up...let's do it.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

i'll take rondo and his future over chris paul and his any day of the week. if i'm wrong, i'm wrong. whatever or whoever, i'll support my team and each of their players. time will tell. meanwhile, the Cs have certainly got more pressing issues than what to do w/ their gutsy first team all-defense all star pg.
    Posted by BaileyPowe

So there is probably nobody on the planet who would agree with you but that is fine.......  I love reading how young Rondo is, though I think CP3 is 13 months older.....  Rondo will be entering year 6 and Paul year 7 and there has not been one minute of play throughout their careers where Rondo was the better player but as you said in your post "if I'm wrong, I'm wrong"......... guess what?  you are wrong.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

In Response to Re: Ric Bucher Thinks CP3 Goes to Boston : So there is probably nobody on the planet who would agree with you but that is fine.......  I love reading how young Rondo is, though I think CP3 is 13 months older.....  Rondo will be entering year 6 and Paul year 7 and there has not been one minute of play throughout their careers where Rondo was the better player but as you said in your post "if I'm wrong, I'm wrong"......... guess what?  you are wrong.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

i don't care what you think.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Rondo is one of the top pgs in the league but cp3  IS THE TOP pg in the league. Therefore it would be a good trade. Cp3 can do all the things rondo can do on the floor:defend,steal,pass, handle WHILE possesing a deadly mid range jumper and hitting 85% of fts and cp3 is only 26 in his prime. The only reason this trade is possible is cuz cp3 is injury prone, if it wasnt for that new orleans would never consider this trade. Im a big rondo fan but id do it in a heartbeat.

Sections
Shortcuts