Richard Hamilton would intrigue Ainge

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Richard Hamilton would intrigue Ainge

A trade featuring JO, Nate, Bradley, and Wafer for Hamilton works. The question is, are the Celtics willing to pay Hamilton 12.65m per year until 2013?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    I don't think so: too much. Too much money and too much age.

AK

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Richard Hamilton would intrigue Ainge:
    [QUOTE]Hi, I don't think so: too much. Too much money and too much age. AK
    Posted by sinus007[/QUOTE]

A 2nd unit of:

PG - West
    SG - Hamilton
    SF - Daniels
    PF- Davis
    C - Perk/Shaq

I think it's worth it. The Celtics will be in contention until 2012 with a bench like that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

It depends on what the C's have to give up for him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Keep the team as is until EVERYONE is back and hopefully healthy. We already have more than enough great team players to do this! Why mess it up now!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I'm sure Ainge is involved in talks to acquire Hamilton. I wouldn't be surprised if Hamilton is a Celtic after the trade deadline. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Keep the team as is until EVERYONE is back and hopefully healthy. We already have more than enough great team players to do this! Why mess it up now!!
    Posted by heirplain[/QUOTE]

JO is hurt and expendable. Once Delonte returns Nate is also expendable. Throw in Bradley and Wafer and the trade works. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Well if Rip still has his shot I will take his scoring off the bench.

I could live with West and Rip.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Richard Hamilton would intrigue Ainge:
    [QUOTE]Detroit’s Richard Hamilton would intrigue Ainge, but the Pistons would have to work out a buyout of his remaining $30 million, which includes an early termination option for 2012-13.  It seems hopeless that Hamilton and the Pistons can continue beyond this season.  Boston Globe What do you think? 
    Posted by MichBelgium[/QUOTE]

What do I think?

What I think is the Cs have a very brief window of opportunity to win championships over the next couple of years.

In my opinion, when healthy, they are the absolute best and deepest team in the league and should be the clear favorites to be hoisting a trophy in June.

I believe that with Danny's heart issues he will walk away when the BIG 3 go and they will be left as a 25 win team.   Unless of course he can find a way to slide 3 superstars into the salary cap slots of the BIG 3.  Anything short of doing that and he becomes Joe Dumars and I don't think that is how Danny wants to leave his mark on the team.

They will continue to get nothing from the draft (regardless of what most posters / bloggers / fans think of Danny's drafting prowess) and when the skills of the BIG 3 inevitably fail Danny will ride off into the sunset as the best GM they have had in the salary cap era.  He will work on his golf game and play with his grandchildren.

Pissing away cash on players near the end, while he has done it, will not be his MO going forward.  He will be a good steward with the company money and leave them in as good a position as possible given that they will have pretty much no talent left on the roster.

He will leave ownership significantly under the cap and the cycle will start from scratch.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

30 million through the 2013 season is a lot of money for a player that's past his prime. This trade would financially strap the C's for a couple years. I say no trade for Rip.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]A trade featuring JO, Nate, Bradley, and Wafer for Hamilton works. The question is, are the Celtics willing to pay Hamilton 12.65m per year until 2013?
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I believe that they are talking about a buyout.  the salary doesn't matter

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Richard Hamilton would intrigue Ainge : I believe that they are talking about a buyout.  the salary doesn't matter
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]
    So you mean the Celtics can sign him for what amount? (sorry don't know anything bout salaries).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

Interesting, but I'm not sure they need to add another player who may be having conflict that is affecting his current team.  Think whatever issues he's having may carry over?  They're sitting him for a reason and that doesn't look good for him as a player.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Richard Hamilton would intrigue Ainge : I believe that they are talking about a buyout.  the salary doesn't matter

If Rip gets a buyout then even the Mavs can get him. But if there's no buyout there are very few teams, if there is one at all, can trade for Rip. His 12.65m per year is too much for most contenders and no losing team will want to pay a 32-year old that kind of money.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Richard Hamilton would intrigue Ainge : If Rip gets a buyout then even the Mavs can get him. But if there's no buyout there are very few teams, if there is one at all, can trade for Rip. His 12.65m per year is too much for most contenders and no losing team will want to pay a 32-year old that kind of money.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

No one is going to trade for that salary so more than likely he will have to be bought out and then can sign with whoever he wants for the salary he wants and the club that wants him will pay.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I believe if it came down to the Mavs or the Celtics we would easily be his choice. The reaction I have is the Pistons would have to want more. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

c'mon guys.  hamilton has been yesterday's newspaper for a couple years now.  he ONLY shoots, doesn't play D, can't shoot 3's and isn't that good at shooting any more.  he's washed in other words.

let's have the audacity to set the bar higher than getting more age on the roster.  rip is all done being a top tier, or even second tier player.

after all, we tried scraping up pistons championship scraps with sheed and it didn't work so well.  let rip well enough alone.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Richard Hamilton would intrigue Ainge : No one is going to trade for that salary so more than likely he will have to be bought out and then can sign with whoever he wants for the salary he wants and the club that wants him will pay.

Rip can play at least 3 more years. If he accepts a buyout he jeopardizes his future. It would not be a wise decision financially if he accepts a buyout. 

The Celtics can only offer the vet's minimum if Rip is a free-agent. If you say he can sign with whoever he wants and for the salary he wants then there are other contenders that can offer him more money.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Celtics won't lose much if they traded JO, Nate, Bradley, and Wafer for Hamilton. JO is hurt and once Perk is back JO becomes the odd man out. Nate is basically a SG, so replacing him with Rip is an upgrade. And Bradley and Wafer are really not key players in the rotation.

It's a matter of if the Celtics are willing to pay Rip 12.65m per year until 2013.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]c'mon guys.  hamilton has been yesterday's newspaper for a couple years now.  he ONLY shoots, doesn't play D, can't shoot 3's and isn't that good at shooting any more.  he's washed in other words. let's have the audacity to set the bar higher than getting more age on the roster.  rip is all done being a top tier, or even second tier player. after all, we tried scraping up pistons championship scraps with sheed and it didn't work so well.  let rip well enough alone.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

Great point!

Pierce34 which I have now blocked is not only delusional but essentially has zero insight. Why in the world would we want more age when guys like Von Wafer and Bradley are already here! Give it up,man!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Richard Hamilton would intrigue Ainge : Great point! Pierce34 which I have now blocked is not only delusional but essentially has zero insight. Why in the world would we want more age when guys like Von Wafer and Bradley are already here! Give it up,man!
    Posted by heirplain[/QUOTE]

Bradley is in the D-League. Wafer is only getting 7.8 minutes per game. You really think Bradley and Wafer will be getting a lot of minutes or any minutes at all in the playoffs?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]c'mon guys.  hamilton has been yesterday's newspaper for a couple years now.  he ONLY shoots, doesn't play D, can't shoot 3's and isn't that good at shooting any more.  he's washed in other words. let's have the audacity to set the bar higher than getting more age on the roster.  rip is all done being a top tier, or even second tier player. after all, we tried scraping up pistons championship scraps with sheed and it didn't work so well.  let rip well enough alone.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

I don't agree.  i think the real issue with Rip is that for a long time he was THE man in Detroit. Chauncey had the ball in his hands but Rip was getting the most shots and plays run for him.  As the new coaches changed the plan, Rip's production went down.  Then this year, they went all out and switched to giving the young guys all the playing time to try to develop for the future.  So, Rip has shown a good attitude, bit his tongue, and sat quietly.  I bet he's BURNING to show what he can do as a 6th man or backup shooter.  

He's 3.5 yrs younger than Ray, an inch or two taller, can shoot the short jumper well, moves well without the ball, and is a great 2nd or 3rd option on the second team. 

his issue is his salary but if he's bought out, he has the Sheed connection and the Ray Allen/Uconn connection that could pull him here.  Dallas, however, would likely pay more money than we would.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Richard Hamilton would intrigue Ainge : I don't agree.  i think the real issue with Rip is that for a long time he was THE man in Detroit. Chauncey had the ball in his hands but Rip was getting the most shots and plays run for him.  As the new coaches changed the plan, Rip's production went down.  Then this year, they went all out and switched to giving the young guys all the playing time to try to develop for the future.  So, Rip has shown a good attitude, bit his tongue, and sat quietly.  I bet he's BURNING to show what he can do as a 6th man or backup shooter.   He's 3.5 yrs younger than Ray, an inch or two taller, can shoot the short jumper well, moves well without the ball, and is a great 2nd or 3rd option on the second team.  his issue is his salary but if he's bought out, he has the Sheed connection and the Ray Allen/Uconn connection that could pull him here.  Dallas, however, would likely pay more money than we would.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Don't say that, heirplain would accuse you of being delusional.

HAHAHA!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Rip is not as good as Ray as he can't shoot the 3, but he runs the picks like Ray and moves without the ball as well and is a little taller for D and getting his shot off.   So, he's a better backup to Ray than nate is right now.   Rip's got 2 or 3 years in him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Richard Hamilton would intrigue Ainge : I don't agree.  i think the real issue with Rip is that for a long time he was THE man in Detroit. Chauncey had the ball in his hands but Rip was getting the most shots and plays run for him.  As the new coaches changed the plan, Rip's production went down.  Then this year, they went all out and switched to giving the young guys all the playing time to try to develop for the future.  So, Rip has shown a good attitude, bit his tongue, and sat quietly.  I bet he's BURNING to show what he can do as a 6th man or backup shooter.   He's 3.5 yrs younger than Ray, an inch or two taller, can shoot the short jumper well, moves well without the ball, and is a great 2nd or 3rd option on the second team.  his issue is his salary but if he's bought out, he has the Sheed connection and the Ray Allen/Uconn connection that could pull him here.  Dallas, however, would likely pay more money than we would.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

You might be right . The problem is we need youth to fill in the future..not another Ray Allen. Those guys are about the same although I really favor Ray!!
    Not sure if Von or Avery will fill the bill but that is the direction we must go!

Sections
Shortcuts