Richard Hamilton would intrigue Ainge

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Richard Hamilton would intrigue Ainge

In Response to Re: Richard Hamilton would intrigue Ainge:
    In Response to Re: Richard Hamilton would intrigue Ainge : You might be right . The problem is we need youth to fill in the future..not another Ray Allen. Those guys are about the same although I really favor Ray!! Not sure if Von or Avery will fill the bill but that is the direction we must go!
    Posted by heirplain

Now that's stupid! KG, Ray, and Shaq will be in Boston until 2012. Too early to talk about the future. 

You are having delusions if you're not seeing Rip Hamilton increase the Celtics chances of winning a championship this season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Richard Hamilton would intrigue Ainge : Now that's stupid! KG, Ray, and Shaq will be in Boston until 2012. Too early to talk about the future.  You are having delusions if you're not seeing Rip Hamilton increase the Celtics chances of winning a championship this season.
    Posted by P34

I'm with P34.   This team is about a championship THIS YEAR and maybe next year if we are lucky.  We aren't going to get a great young player this year in the draft nor in the trade.  This a impossible dream.  No team is going to give us a young player with a low salary who's valuable for the future.   We're about winning now and in the future, Danny will have to blow up and restructure the team.   Rip helps us now and he's definitely not as good as Ray, but he would be a good backup to Ray.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Richard Hamilton would intrigue Ainge : Rip can play at least 3 more years. If he accepts a buyout he jeopardizes his future. It would not be a wise decision financially if he accepts a buyout.  The Celtics can only offer the vet's minimum if Rip is a free-agent. If you say he can sign with whoever he wants and for the salary he wants then there are other contenders that can offer him more money.
    Posted by P34

Depends on what the buyout is whether it jeopardizes his future or not. Doubtful.  I don't get the rest of your post.  Pretty much the same as what I said.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

If he gets a buyout that gets him a large percentage of his remaining money, then he'll be less concerned about money.  His concern would be rebuilding his reputation so that he can get another good contract the year after.

Would coming to the Celtics organization allow him to do that?  I don't know.  But that, I believe, would be his intention (along with winning another championship).  

Overall, I give us very little chance of getting Rip.  But, we can always dream, right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

We want to win now. Go get anyone who can help. Im for this.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Richard Hamilton would intrigue Ainge : Depends on what the buyout is whether it jeopardizes his future or not. Doubtful.  I don't get the rest of your post.  Pretty much the same as what I said.
    Posted by OneOnOne

Hamilton still has 2 years left on his contract after this season. He's being paid an average of 12.65m per year, that means he will still be getting 25.3m if he finishes his contract. If he opts for a buyout he will certainly lose a lot of money.

If Rip signs with the Celtics after a buyout, he'll only get the vet's minimum. And with a lockout looming I don't think it's in his best interest to walk away from 25.3m at this point in his career.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

The Mavs have a better offer for Hamilton. Not only would Rip get more minutes with the Mavs, he would also be a starter there as well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

He won't be happy as a reserve playing limited minutes as a back-up for Ray Allen. Secondly, he's also too expensive for a reserve. Even if his contract is bought out, the Celtics can't offer him serious money.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

He won't be happy as a reserve playing limited minutes as a back-up for Ray Allen. Secondly, he's also too expensive for a reserve. Even if his contract is bought out, the Celtics can't offer him serious money.
    Posted by edcap99

The Celtics can offer JO, Nate, Bradley, and Wafer. 

If Rip is traded to the Celtics there's nothing he can do about it. But if he's bought out I doubt he'll want to be Ray Allen's backup.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Hi, I don't think so: too much. Too much money and too much age. AK
    Posted by sinus007

I agree. We don't need another old, injury prone player. We have to get younger somehow.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Richard Hamilton would intrigue Ainge : I agree. We don't need another old, injury prone player. We have to get younger somehow.
    Posted by Waynestarr

The Celtics will not get younger until July 1, 2012. 

Rip is not an injury prone player, by the way.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Richard Hamilton would intrigue Ainge : Hamilton still has 2 years left on his contract after this season. He's being paid an average of 12.65m per year, that means he will still be getting 25.3m if he finishes his contract. If he opts for a buyout he will certainly lose a lot of money. If Rip signs with the Celtics after a buyout, he'll only get the vet's minimum. And with a lockout looming I don't think it's in his best interest to walk away from 25.3m at this point in his career.
    Posted by P34

He wouldn't be walking away from 25 mill.  There would be a buy out. Wouldn't surprise me if it was for 17 mill or more.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Richard Hamilton would intrigue Ainge : I don't agree.  i think the real issue with Rip is that for a long time he was THE man in Detroit. Chauncey had the ball in his hands but Rip was getting the most shots and plays run for him.  As the new coaches changed the plan, Rip's production went down.  Then this year, they went all out and switched to giving the young guys all the playing time to try to develop for the future.  So, Rip has shown a good attitude, bit his tongue, and sat quietly.  I bet he's BURNING to show what he can do as a 6th man or backup shooter.  
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

man oh man.  i think you are wrong.  if detroit is "going all out" to get the younger guys the ball then why is ben gordon having a stinko year?  i mean 11.7ppg?  really? 

if anyone is taking rip's minutes on tha team it is calcified tracey mcgreedy in some bizarre point forward role. 

other than that, austin daye is awful.  so are the whole pistons team.

i don't understand what you're saying about going all out with the young guys.  they have no young guys taking rip's shots.  they have no young guys doing any better than rip.

and rip on his best day the last two years plus has made the top 20 overpaid, overrated players in the league for his one-dmensionality.  he is a more seasoned nick young, just a bit more versatile.  but what can rip do other than shoot mid range?  nothing is the answer.

and he doesn't have a stunning mid range game any more either.

if you can tell me what young guys on the pistons are taking rip's shots then maybe you have a point, but ben gordon is stinko at 27 minutes, career low and descending each year numbers, austin daye is awful.  who else is there?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

In Response to Re: Richard Hamilton would intrigue Ainge : man oh man.  i think you are wrong.  if detroit is "going all out" to get the younger guys the ball then why is ben gordon having a stinko year?  i mean 11.7ppg?  really?  if anyone is taking rip's minutes on tha team it is calcified tracey mcgreedy in some bizarre point forward role.  other than that, austin daye is awful.  so are the whole pistons team. i don't understand what you're saying about going all out with the young guys.  they have no young guys taking rip's shots.  they have no young guys doing any better than rip. and rip on his best day the last two years plus has made the top 20 overpaid, overrated players in the league for his one-dmensionality.  he is a more seasoned nick young, just a bit more versatile.  but what can rip do other than shoot mid range?  nothing is the answer. and he doesn't have a stunning mid range game any more either. if you can tell me what young guys on the pistons are taking rip's shots then maybe you have a point, but ben gordon is stinko at 27 minutes, career low and descending each year numbers, austin daye is awful.  who else is there?
    Posted by aciemvp

I don't agree with your austin daye comment. He's only 22 and his numbers a slightly increasing. It's only his second year in the league. He'll be better throughout the years (I will not say if that guy will ever become a real starter). But he isn't taking Rip's shots. They just think Ben Gordon is their shooiting guard but that doesn't work out as he cannot play as selfish as he could in chicago. Tayshaun Prince is taking over Rip's job as their team scorer. I think Rip could do very well on our roster. It's not that because you have a bad first period of the season that you won't change. Ray Allen always goes through stretches like that. Besides a trade which brings him to the right team(mentallity ,good rotation)  could change him. I'm just not sure if we should give up that many for him. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Richard Hamilton would intrigue Ainge : I don't agree with your austin daye comment. He's only 22 and his numbers a slightly increasing. It's only his second year in the league. He'll be better throughout the years (I will not say if that guy will ever become a real starter). But he isn't taking Rip's shots. They just think Ben Gordon is their shooiting guard but that doesn't work out as he cannot play as selfish as he could in chicago. Tayshaun Prince is taking over Rip's job as their team scorer. I think Rip could do very well on our roster. It's not that because you have a bad first period of the season that you won't change. Ray Allen always goes through stretches like that. Besides a trade which brings him to the right team(mentallity ,good rotation)  could change him. I'm just not sure if we should give up that many for him. 
    Posted by MichBelgium

okay, but prince is only taking 12.8 shots a game.  that's up 1 shot over a year ago and up .4 shots from 2 years ago. 

in a ray allen to rip hamilton to even a marquis daniels comparison- i'll take ray and marquis all day long because they can play defense.

this team won't be starved for offense once west gets back and into the second unit. 

i'd say until west fails in a permanent-for-the-season manner, it's not worth shaking this up.

and what about rip's awful contract?  he's due almost 55 million and he's a 30 million or less kind of guy for that period of time.  if ray allen is 10 million a year (and i think that's high) then rip hamilton is a 7 million guy.  not 11.8 or 12 and change.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

In Response to Re: Richard Hamilton would intrigue Ainge : okay, but prince is only taking 12.8 shots a game.  that's up 1 shot over a year ago and up .4 shots from 2 years ago.  in a ray allen to rip hamilton to even a marquis daniels comparison- i'll take ray and marquis all day long because they can play defense. this team won't be starved for offense once west gets back and into the second unit.  i'd say until west fails in a permanent-for-the-season manner, it's not worth shaking this up. and what about rip's awful contract?  he's due almost 55 million and he's a 30 million or less kind of guy for that period of time.  if ray allen is 10 million a year (and i think that's high) then rip hamilton is a 7 million guy.  not 11.8 or 12 and change.
    Posted by aciemvp

Well there are obviously times where the c's need to turn to a scorer which at times is not there. Hamilton could fill that void. And just like Ray Allen he is one of the best off screen shooters. I would not underestimate his possible contributions. You always take a guess by adding a player but I don't think with Rip it's that big of a risk... It however depends on what to offer for him. If he gets bought out and we could sign him for the vet's min... Why on earth woudl we do not. If we need to trade for him it's arguable. I wonder if we should expect a lot of JO, Wafer , Bradley ... . We should look at this 2 year window and I think we should go "all out" for Rip and add some more vet's min to fill up the roster spots(maybe Sheed, as mentioned in many posts and some other free agents). 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

Caron Butler for Rip Hamilton. Pistons save a lot of money, the Mavs get a starting SG, and the end of the Richard Hamilton to Boston dream.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeemike. Show mikeemike's posts

RIP can still play the game. If the celtics can have him for spare parts then why not. I believe that he can really be a good bench player for the celtics.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Richard Hamilton would intrigue Ainge : okay, but prince is only taking 12.8 shots a game.  that's up 1 shot over a year ago and up .4 shots from 2 years ago.  in a ray allen to rip hamilton to even a marquis daniels comparison- i'll take ray and marquis all day long because they can play defense. this team won't be starved for offense once west gets back and into the second unit.  i'd say until west fails in a permanent-for-the-season manner, it's not worth shaking this up. and what about rip's awful contract?  he's due almost 55 million and he's a 30 million or less kind of guy for that period of time.  if ray allen is 10 million a year (and i think that's high) then rip hamilton is a 7 million guy.  not 11.8 or 12 and change.
    Posted by aciemvp

As for Rip's contract, yes, its terrible.  But, the original post was asking the question under the assumption that Detroit bought out his contract so the contract is irrelevant for this discussion.  As for his defense, RIP is not a bad defensive player.  He learned under Larry Brown and the Pistons have been a good defensive team the entire time he's been there.  And, he can shoot better than Marquis.  Quis is a black hole with the ball - when it gets to him, it stops moving while he methodically tries his post up.  Rip could come in and keep the ball moving (not that I want to get rid of Quis, but having Rip is a plus, not a negative).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Richard Hamilton would intrigue Ainge : Well there are obviously times where the c's need to turn to a scorer which at times is not there. Hamilton could fill that void. And just like Ray Allen he is one of the best off screen shooters. I would not underestimate his possible contributions. You always take a guess by adding a player but I don't think with Rip it's that big of a risk... It however depends on what to offer for him. If he gets bought out and we could sign him for the vet's min... Why on earth woudl we do not. If we need to trade for him it's arguable. I wonder if we should expect a lot of JO, Wafer , Bradley ... . We should look at this 2 year window and I think we should go "all out" for Rip and add some more vet's min to fill up the roster spots(maybe Sheed, as mentioned in many posts and some other free agents). 
    Posted by MichBelgium

the biggest chance with rip is the defensive end.  he's never been known for that.  you'd have to somehow get his current contract ripped up and bought out or the whole conversation is a waste.  and even with a clean slate, rip is regarded as mid level exception type material at this point in his career, not a lot more than that payscale wise.

could he play defense the way we do?  has he ever in his career? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

In Response to Re: Richard Hamilton would intrigue Ainge : the biggest chance with rip is the defensive end.  he's never been known for that.  you'd have to somehow get his current contract ripped up and bought out or the whole conversation is a waste.  and even with a clean slate, rip is regarded as mid level exception type material at this point in his career, not a lot more than that payscale wise. could he play defense the way we do?  has he ever in his career? 
    Posted by aciemvp

Not so sure if all our players play that good defense? Do you think that Nate is that good of a defensive player?  Besides isn't it like that, that every player that comes to our team gets better defensively under Doc ? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

you can answer a lot of questions about rip by looking at how many shots he has to take to generate his points per game.  it's been about 16 shots to make 18 points a game historically.  that's a lot of shots, poor efficiency.

then you look at paul pierce, 12.8 shots to make 18 points.

so if you can make the rip contract go "poof" you're looking at a guy who needs a lot of shots to produce numbers and then what he produces beyond those numbers is extremely minimal.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

you can answer a lot of questions about rip by looking at how many shots he has to take to generate his points per game.  it's been about 16 shots to make 18 points a game historically.  that's a lot of shots, poor efficiency. then you look at paul pierce, 12.8 shots to make 18 points. so if you can make the rip contract go "poof" you're looking at a guy who needs a lot of shots to produce numbers and then what he produces beyond those numbers is extremely minimal.
    Posted by aciemvp

Don 't brag on Pierce you will make KY hate you.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

Dallas signed Peja, so I think that would preclude them from anyone else and their need was SF not SG.  Don't forget Jason Terry is really their SG.  If Rip were to be bought out he could potentially be had for the vet min here, but someone like the Knicks can probably offer more(believe they have cap space) and would have a greater need to do so.  However, if he wanted another shot at contributing to a championship, we may be the best fit for him.  No room at Orlando or Miami.  Possibly Chicago(cap space?).  Can't see San Antonio or Dallas.  Maybe Utah(cap space?) or Denver.  Doubt the Lakers would go for it.

I do believe that he could be the perfect back up for RA.  Marquis backs up PP.  Nate or Delonte back up RR.  Harangody to the Dleague and JO doesn't suit up.

PA

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

It depends on West a lot, if he does not recover at a high %, look for the Celtics to add a point.  It would always be nice to have a sub for Paul, also.  I would think that the Celts are looking.

Sections
Shortcuts