Rick Carlisle: Original Celtics 1986 Champs: Gave respect to Phil Jackson, but gave high honor to Red Auerbach.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1986. Show 1986's posts

Rick Carlisle: Original Celtics 1986 Champs: Gave respect to Phil Jackson, but gave high honor to Red Auerbach.

Rick Carlisle is an A-1 original 1986 Celtics Member Champion!

Go Rick!

www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30769774&id=1309392913">

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Rick Carlisle: Original Celtics 1986 Champs Member.

He is a great coach.  I always liked him. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1986. Show 1986's posts

In Response to Re: Rick Carlisle: Original Celtics 1986 Champs Member.:
    [QUOTE]He is a great coach.  I always liked him. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

Yes Susan, he might be the next Celtics Bill Sharman ( Lakers 1972 )  who coached a West team to championship.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

yep, i liked him back when he was at the university of virginia as a college player. as a pro, not so much. he was great at shaking that towel though like ml carr and the immortal greg kite! bird played with a lot of stiffs as well. most of the celtics deep bench guys would not even make the development league nowadays.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from truth-torpedo34. Show truth-torpedo34's posts

Anyone else notice that every game he coaches against LA, he wears a green tie? Coincidence, I think not.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

CC....wait a minute....are you trying to tell me that you remember Rick from his college days....? You mean that isn't your picture....?  Something ain't right here babe....but I do appreciate your posts and your knowledge.....you did have me believing that you were a twenty-something.....nice job....and please, keep those posts coming...!!!!   :-)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1986. Show 1986's posts

Rick Carlisle gave a big respect speech to Coach Phil Jackson on ESPN after the Dallas victory over the Lakers.

Rick called Phil as the the greatest coach in the league who also helps the coaches behind the scene.  And being a coach with three three peats and 11 titles in 20 years.

Then he concluded, " I am a draft of RED AUERBACH and learned from him the magnitude of coaching for four years as Celtics player......."

Go Rick, you are a Celtics in Dallas Mavericks!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Rick Carlisle: Original Celtics 1986 Champs: Gave respect to Phil Jackson, but gave high honor to Red Auerbach.

My first year at UMaine I got to see Rick Carlisle play quite a bit. He was a sophomore at Maine before transfering to Virginia and he was amazing. I remember we played DePaul with Mark Aguirre and we were winning late in the game until Aguirre decided that was enough.

I was glad he won a ring with the Celtics.

Here's a nice article from the Maine Campus, http://mainecampus.com/2010/02/22/mens-basketball-former-um-great-carlisle-thriving-as-mavs-coach/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1986. Show 1986's posts

Re: Rick Carlisle: Original Celtics 1986 Champs: Gave respect to Phil Jackson, but gave high honor to Red Auerbach.

In Response to Re: Rick Carlisle: Original Celtics 1986 Champs: Gave respect to Phil Jackson, but gave high honor to Red Auerbach.:
    [QUOTE]My first year at UMaine I got to see Rick Carlisle play quite a bit. He was a sophomore at Maine before transfering to Virginia and he was amazing. I remember we played DePaul with Mark Aguirre and we were winning late in the game until Aguirre decided that was enough. I was glad he won a ring with the Celtics. Here's a nice article from the Maine Campus, http://mainecampus.com/2010/02/22/mens-basketball-former-um-great-carlisle-thriving-as-mavs-coach/
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

Coach Rick Carlisle is a Celtics champion with a ring in 1986.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

if Doc leaves, Rick would be perfect.

Sections
Shortcuts