Rick Carlisle Punch Lakers in the Grill!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LALAKERSMAN. Show LALAKERSMAN's posts

Re: Rick Carlisle Punch Lakers in the Grill!!!

In Response to Re: Rick Carlisle Punch Lakers in the Grill!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rick Carlisle Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : Kobe has 5 rings but 4 of them were due to Shaq and Pau. The only ring that Kobe earned was the one he got in 2009 when they played a hapless Poodle of a team in the Orlando Magic. In 2010 we all know that if not for Pau Gasol the Lakers would have lost in Game 7. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Kobe still has five rings. And he got them all with Shaq or Paul!! This Laker fan doesnt care how he got them!!  But it must sting just a little that you only got to see one championship parade,  and were hoping to see just one more!! Right? Well  Fiercest69 its gonna b a while till u see your Celtics win another title !! Just take up a hobby  while you wait, like bubble blowing or manure shoveling!!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rick Carlisle Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : Yep, sure mailed it in: Lakers 89 Celtics 67 then Lakers 83 Celtics 79 The Lakers have the habits to mail in closed-out games? Ask the Celtics why they didn't pick up the mail...
    Posted by MajicMVP[/QUOTE]

Ok so Kobe's twice not folded when down 3-2:

'02 vs. Kings
    Ahhhh the infamous Game 6.  Stern sends the company man Dick Bavetta to officiate the most notoriously one-sided game in history (as called nation-wide, not just in Boston).  This game was at worst fraudulant and at best the most poorly officiated game in in favor of LA. 
    Thanks to a monster game by Shaq in G7 and unusually good FT shooting by the big man the lakers pull out an OT win.  Kudos Kobe.

'10 vs. Celtics
    They are down 3-2  but have the luxury of heading home for the final 2 games.  Under the intense pressure of Game 7 the "greatest player on the planet" shoots 6-24 while being defended by 6'5" Ray Allen.  Luckily Gasol has a monster game, Artest and Fisher unlikely hit huge 3's, a few non-travel calls on Gasol, and they pull out game 7 at home. Kudos Kobe.

Look, I think Kobe is one of the greatest individual talents to ever play the game and his work ethic is second to none.  However, his undenial trend of folding when things are bleak seriously calls into question his leadership and decision making.  This prevents him from ever earning consideration to be in the same class as the best ever (Bird, Jordan, Magic, Kareem, etc.).  Now that his best years are behind him I doubt he'll be able to do much to change that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LALAKERSMAN. Show LALAKERSMAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rick Carlisle Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : You want to talk about parades? Why is it that Laker trolls are claiming that the Lakers have 16 championships but only have 11 parades in LA?  The Celtics have 17 championships and 17 parades in Boston, in case you didn't know. No discrepancies here.    

fiercest69  How many of those 17 have you actually witnessed?  Just curious. One right!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rick Carlisle Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : Kobe has 5 rings but 4 of them were due to Shaq and Pau. The only ring that Kobe earned was the one he got in 2009 when they played a hapless Poodle of a team in the Orlando Magic. In 2010 we all know that if not for Pau Gasol the Lakers would have lost in Game 7. 

Wheelchair has 1 miserable ring courtesy of Bynum and Ariza being injured. Compare that to:

Jordan Farmar=2
    DJ Mbenga=2
    Adam Morrison=2

So much for the self proclaimed best player on the planet!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

Mark Cuban has put together a juggernaut of a team--getting 3 quality players from the Wizards (Butler, Heywood, & Stevenson), signing Marion, Chandler & Peja. Then getting Kidd. If anything, Cuban looked at the 2 7 footers in L.A. and wanted to match-up. Essentially, Dallas has 2 complete teams to attack any challenger. With a billionaire owner, the Mavs are fortunate to be able to stock up.

On the other hand, the Lakers got rid of Farmar, Sasha, Mbenga, & Powell, signing Joe Smith, Theo Ratliffe, Steve Blake and Matt Barnes. The first two were a total waste while Blake got the Chicken Pocks & Barnes never recovered fully from an injured knee.

Winning a title requires not only talent, but a team must be injury-free and have some momentum. Some of you Boston fans want to trash and attack the Lakers, go ahead. But I don't lose sight of perspective. Laker fans were able to experience 5 championships this decade. If it means getting trounced in 2008 and 2011, I'll take that in a heartbeat. It doesn't matter if you lose by 1 point or 100 points, you still lose.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

[QUOTE]Mark Cuban has put together a juggernaut of a team--getting 3 quality players from the Wizards (Butler, Heywood, & Stevenson), signing Marion, Chandler & Peja. Then getting Kidd. If anything, Cuban looked at the 2 7 footers in L.A. and wanted to match-up. Essentially, Dallas has 2 complete teams to attack any challenger. With a billionaire owner, the Mavs are fortunate to be able to stock up. On the other hand, the Lakers got rid of Farmar, Sasha, Mbenga, & Powell, signing Joe Smith, Theo Ratliffe, Steve Blake and Matt Barnes. The first two were a total waste while Blake got the Chicken Pocks & Barnes never recovered fully from an injured knee. Winning a title requires not only talent, but a team must be injury-free and have some momentum. Some of you Boston fans want to trash and attack the Lakers, go ahead. But I don't lose sight of perspective. Laker fans were able to experience 5 championships this decade. If it means getting trounced in 2008 and 2011, I'll take that in a heartbeat. It doesn't matter if you lose by 1 point or 100 points, you still lose.
    Posted by LakerFan67[/QUOTE]

It is indeed a game of inches.  A few bounces of the ball this way or that way, an injury that does or doesn't occur, and the title count maybe changes.  Celtics may have 13...or 21 instead of 17.  Maybe with a few breaks the LA lakers have 15, or with bad luck only have 8.  Got it. 
    So I'd say your lakers were very fortunate to get the five that they did.  You had a great run.  I just wouldn't be so certain that they're gonna immediately re-load as the trolls here are so sure of.  Miami and OKC will be beasts for the foreseeable future. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Green-Islander. Show Green-Islander's posts

i find it highly entertaining to see laker fans are thriving here in the celtics forums. that tells us what it is like now in their boards, if there are any left that is lol.

well this year okc is clearly better than the lakers AND the celtics.
    for whatever excuse, it dont matter. they are just the better team.
    nuff said.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LALAKERSMAN. Show LALAKERSMAN's posts

The reason Laker fans get on this site is to counter the stupid threads (Rick carlisle punch Lakers in grill)started by simple people(fiercest69)!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kybested. Show kybested's posts

[QUOTE]The reason Laker fans get on this site is to counter the stupid threads (Rick carlisle punch Lakers in grill)started by simple people(fiercest69)!
    Posted by LALAKERSMAN[/QUOTE]

Laker fans are better than the Laker players, at least the Laker fans don't quit! lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rick Carlisle Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : Ok so Kobe's twice not folded when down 3-2: '02 vs. Kings Ahhhh the infamous Game 6.  Stern sends the company man Dick Bavetta to officiate the most notoriously one-sided game in history (as called nation-wide, not just in Boston).  This game was at worst fraudulant and at best the most poorly officiated game in in favor of LA.  Thanks to a monster game by Shaq in G7 and unusually good FT shooting by the big man the lakers pull out an OT win.  Kudos Kobe. '10 vs. Celtics They are down 3-2  but have the luxury of heading home for the final 2 games.  Under the intense pressure of Game 7 the "greatest player on the planet" shoots 6-24 while being defended by 6'5" Ray Allen.  Luckily Gasol has a monster game, Artest and Fisher unlikely hit huge 3's, a few non-travel calls on Gasol, and they pull out game 7 at home. Kudos Kobe. Look, I think Kobe is one of the greatest individual talents to ever play the game and his work ethic is second to none.  However, his undenial trend of folding when things are bleak seriously calls into question his leadership and decision making.  This prevents him from ever earning consideration to be in the same class as the best ever (Bird, Jordan, Magic, Kareem, etc.).  Now that his best years are behind him I doubt he'll be able to do much to change that.
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan[/QUOTE]

OC-fan, you should look at the Celtics' folding when they are IN FAVORABLE SITUATIONS!!!!

If Kobe's folding when the going gets tough, it's called "quitting". The Lakers got overmatched, tough but that's life.

Yet in the Big 3 era, the Celtics folded when they are in the driver seat, double digit leads, series leads, game 7 at home, etc. What do they called them?

I am sure you enjoy your team's choking than quitting. So do I. I enjoy watching the Celtics choke away 4th quarter leads, double-digit leads, 3-2 series leads than getting blown out by 40 points or getting swept. That's called "heart", yep. That's how you folks like it.

That's called snatching defeats from the jaws of victory. I have to wonder, is it because of a lacking of mental toughness? soft? don't have the killer instincts? with the mental capacities of rookies? or what?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LakerFan67. Show LakerFan67's posts

You want to label Kobe Bryant a "quitter," that's really funny. How does a quitter have 5 rings? How does a quitter attract so much attention when he has the ball? How does a quitter get coaches in the NBA to want him on their team? How does a quitter win the MVP in the finals?

For the past 2 years Kobe has played with multiple injuries--a broken index finger on his shooting hand, a knee that needs to be drained for fluids. He's taken a beating & is rarely protected by the refs. Yet where most players would take a break, Kobe plays with multiple injuries.

The problem with Kobe is that he tries to do too much and he doesn't have the athleticism of his youth. Father time catches us all.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

[QUOTE]You want to label Kobe Bryant a "quitter," that's really funny. How does a quitter have 5 rings? How does a quitter attract so much attention when he has the ball? How does a quitter get coaches in the NBA to want him on their team? How does a quitter win the MVP in the finals? For the past 2 years Kobe has played with multiple injuries--a broken index finger on his shooting hand, a knee that needs to be drained for fluids. He's taken a beating & is rarely protected by the refs. Yet where most players would take a break, Kobe plays with multiple injuries. The problem with Kobe is that he tries to do too much and he doesn't have the athleticism of his youth. Father time catches us all.
    Posted by LakerFan67[/QUOTE]

Kobe is as tough as any player in the league, maybe ever.  I do admire that about him.  I just can't explain why his teams have an undeniable history of not showing up when they are in a deep hole.  That's why I question his leadership, not toughness.  Hard to explain. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rick Carlisle Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : OC-fan, you should look at the Celtics' folding when they are IN FAVORABLE SITUATIONS!!!! If Kobe's folding when the going gets tough, it's called "quitting". The Lakers got overmatched, tough but that's life. Yet in the Big 3 era, the Celtics folded when they are in the driver seat, double digit leads, series leads, game 7 at home, etc. What do they called them? I am sure you enjoy your team's choking than quitting. So do I. I enjoy watching the Celtics choke away 4th quarter leads, double-digit leads, 3-2 series leads than getting blown out by 40 points or getting swept. That's called "heart", yep. That's how you folks like it. That's called snatching defeats from the jaws of victory. I have to wonder, is it because of a lacking of mental toughness? soft? don't have the killer instincts? with the mental capacities of rookies? or what?
    Posted by MajicMVP[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's disapponting that, especially last year, they couldn't put together 48 total minutes.  If the game were 43 minutes they'd be undefeated.  Can't explain it,  wish things were different and I don't deny it. 
    On the other hand, I don't know why you deny that, when his back is to the wall, Kobe doesn't want to show up for the closeout games....not 43 minutes, not even 24 minutes.  They are always run out of the gym by halftime.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rick Carlisle Punch Lakers in the Grill!!! : Yes, it's disapponting that, especially last year, they couldn't put together 48 total minutes.  If the game were 43 minutes they'd be undefeated.  Can't explain it,  wish things were different and I don't deny it.  On the other hand, I don't know why you deny that, when his back is to the wall, Kobe doesn't want to show up for the closeout games....not 43 minutes, not even 24 minutes.  They are always run out of the gym by halftime.

Kobe doesn't show up for closed out games, then they wouldn't have won game 5 (vs Sacto) & game 7 (vs Portland) in 2000, games 6 & 7 in 2002, game 5 in 2008, game 7 in 2009, and games 6 & 7 in 2010.

I don't see how a player whose team won 8 games when facing elimination as "always run out of the gym by halftime...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

Guess you don't want to read my previous posts?  I addressed 2002 and 2010.  All the other games were in the comfort of his home and/or with the comfort of the "Most Dominant Ever".  When he's faced with having to win on the road or when in a deep hole, he and Phil decide to check out early and mail it in.
    Can't believe you're still insisting that they didn't quit after G3 this year.  I'll give it to you, you aren't the quitter that your team is.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]Guess you don't want to read my previous posts?  I addressed 2002 and 2010.  All the other games were in the comfort of his home and/or with the comfort of the "Most Dominant Ever".  When he's faced with having to win on the road or when in a deep hole, he and Phil decide to check out early and mail it in. Can't believe you're still insisting that they didn't quit after G3 this year.  I'll give it to you, you aren't the quitter that your team is.

Because you didn't address enough. Kobe's performance in elimination is more than 2002 and 2010.

Oh, so now it's only having to win on the road that counts? having to win at home doesn't?

Let's see how your team fared on the road:

2010 Eliminated in game 7 on the road
    2011 Eliminated in game 5 on the road

But is it really facing elimination on the road that led to the Celtics' demise? Let's see how they faced elimination at home:

2002 Eliminated by the Nets at home (game 6)
    2003 Eliminated by the Nets at home (game 4, sweep)
    2004 Eliminated by the Pacers at home (game 4, sweep)
    2005 Routed by the Pacers at home (game 7)
    2009 Routed by the Magic at home (game 7)

So the comfort of "home" doesn't help your team much, does it?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

now you're just going round and round over things already discussed in another thread.  I know that Paul Pierce and Co. aren't the greatest bunch of champions in Celtics history, but they don't check out before half time.  You can't deny that Kobe has a history of checking out when the going get rough.  And this guy is supposed to be the greatest Laker ever?  Supposed to be mentioned along with Jordan, Magic, Bird as the greatest ever?  please

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]now you're just going round and round over things already discussed in another thread.  I know that Paul Pierce and Co. aren't the greatest bunch of champions in Celtics history, but they don't check out before half time.  You can't deny that Kobe has a history of checking out when the going get rough.  And this guy is supposed to be the greatest Laker ever?  Supposed to be mentioned along with Jordan, Magic, Bird as the greatest ever?  please

Of course I can deny that. "History of checking out when the going get rough" is soundly refuted by 8 victories when facing elimination, not to mention the elimination game losses that weren't  blow-outs.

Furthermore, I can also play the same game as you do, Bird, Pierce, etc. have the history of choking.

I mean, quitting and choking are comparable arsenals to attack the other team's players.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

Check out the following two sets of stats in those 8 victories:

Player A        Player B
    FG%        .401          .326
    RPG          9.0            4.1
    APG          4.9            2.6
    PPG         23.9          11.1

Who's Player A? Kobe
    Who's Player B? the opposing SG in those 8 games, including Nick Anderson, Steve Smith, Doug Christie, Ray Allen, and Luis Scola.

Based on his performance and what he did to his counter-parts, I don't see any evidence of checking out at HT.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

You know very well that facing a game 7 at home is not "when the going gets rough".  I'm also willing to bet that the lakers were favored to win all of those games too.  This is like me saying "in '08 when the celtics had to play G7 vs. Atlanta at home, the going got really tough, and we showed a lot of mettle to survive that adversity."  You know that's BS, they were clearly the better team and should have won that game.
    This is getting old.... despite the obvious you clearly are not willing to acknowledge that you team gave up.  You will not change your mind so it's time to move on.

btw, thanks for pointing out the stiff competition that kobe had to face in those games.  I know you're going to say that Ray Allen is on that list but, though I love the guy, he's no defensive juggernaut, especially at 34 when you faced him and shot 6-24.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]You know very well that facing a game 7 at home is not "when the going gets rough".  I'm also willing to bet that the lakers were favored to win all of those games too.  This is like me saying "in '08 when the celtics had to play G7 vs. Atlanta at home, the going got really tough, and we showed a lot of mettle to survive that adversity."  You know that's BS, they were clearly the better team and should have won that game. This is getting old.... despite the obvious you clearly are not willing to acknowledge that you team gave up.  You will not change your mind so it's time to move on. btw, thanks for pointing out the stiff competition that kobe had to face in those games.  I know you're going to say that Ray Allen is on that list but, though I love the guy, he's no defensive juggernaut, especially at 34 when you faced him and shot 6-24.

You should know that this "facing game 7 at home is not when the going gets tough" is just your biased opinion, and you know full well that I disagree with on this opinion.

The mere fact that the Celtics got eliminated 5 times at home is enough counter-examples to refute this biased opinion.

And you aren't willing to concede that your team choked. So what's new? You said the Lakers quitted. I said the Celtics choked (i.e. quitted during crunch time of the game). The Lakers were overmatched. The Celtics had the talents to compete but showed no heart when all the marbles were on the table.

Which is worse? I say choking, you say quitting. So now what?

And Ray Allen was shooting 3-14 in that game 7. Is that a better or worse percentage than 6-24? Did he also come up with 15 rebounds to boot?

Sections
Shortcuts