Ride or die with Rondo, BABY!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Ride or die with Rondo, BABY!!!!!!

I know the Rondo trade talk will never cease until he is no longer hall of fame caliber but I truly don't want any other PG. There are better defenders and better shooters at the position for sure.

I just don't think any other PG is a more ferocious leader than him. If KG was 6 feet tall, he'd been Rondo!

Courage and intelligence and speed and skill are the abilities that bring championships. These qualities exist in Rondo in abundance. Bradley is getting there too by the way, but as a scorer and defender. Rondo as a facilitator and defender is already there. 

Those type of guys are ALWAYS a step backwards when you lose them.

Chris Paul has a better all-around game but I believe he will wilt when the game is on the line, when Rondo shines in clutch playoff situations.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Ride or die with Rondo, BABY!!!!!!

In response to DaCeltics' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know the Rondo trade talk will never cease until he is no longer hall of fame caliber but I truly don't want any other PG. There are better defenders and better shooters at the position for sure.

I just don't think any other PG is a more ferocious leader than him. If KG was 6 feet tall, he'd been Rondo!

Courage and intelligence and speed and skill are the abilities that bring championships. These qualities exist in Rondo in abundance. Bradley is getting there too by the way, but as a scorer and defender. Rondo as a facilitator and defender is already there. 

Chris Paul has a better all-around game but I believe he will wilt when the game is on the line, when Rondo shines in clutch playoff situations.

[/QUOTE]

If KG were 6 feet tall, Rondo would be 2 feet tall.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If KG were 6 feet tall, Rondo would be 2 feet tall.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

YES...perfectly proportioned!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Absolute BS. Rondo Was not nearly as good as many want to believe with multiple HOFers on his team and now without them and post ACL, is doomed to be less than he was. Your post defies simple logic. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

There are about a dozen postson the Celtics forum regarding various trade scenarios involving Rondo.  Much of the talk is pure conjecture or opinions by Rondo lovers and haters.  It certainly makes for interesting reading even if nobody has any idea how Rondo will be whenever he comes back.  

In the absence of this knowledge, both lovers and haters point to their biased samples on Rondo's historical performance to support their viewpoints.  Of course, many simply offer up prejudiced opinions.

This mini-tirade was brought to you by a frustrated fan who'd rather read about the current team and players that what if's.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

In response to RSPCB73's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There are about a dozen postson the Celtics forum regarding various trade scenarios involving Rondo.  Much of the talk is pure conjecture or opinions by Rondo lovers and haters.  It certainly makes for interesting reading even if nobody has any idea how Rondo will be whenever he comes back.  

In the absence of this knowledge, both lovers and haters point to their biased samples on Rondo's historical performance to support their viewpoints.  Of course, many simply offer up prejudiced opinions.

This mini-tirade was brought to you by a frustrated fan who'd rather read about the current team and players that what if's.

[/QUOTE]

I can agree with you...you wanna know why?

I am one who has already formed my opinion...so I wait with a knowing nod of the head how things will turn out...and I worry not one wit about it...so yes, lets search high and low for the abilities of those on the current active roster to see just what we have and just who we need to get rid of...let the rebuilding continue!!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I don't want anybody dumped. Humphries has seen his last double digit millions contract, so we may be able to keep him. If not, I would let Fav or Iverson get his time next season and let him walk.

Wallace I would move only if he is being a malcontent. He's our best wing defender and playmaker in the frontcourt. He's one of those championship character guys you hold onto if you can. (Bruce Bowen w/ better passing and rebounding skill?)

Courtney is really the only guy not fitting. Bradley is better and  we only have him because Bradley emerged AFTER we had signed him. They have the same exact skillset! Redundant!

Hopefully Courtney and Bogans and Hump can fetch us a quality 6-11 shooter/shot blocker. Sully is our paintbull! (Did I just coin a phrase?) We need a 7 footer similar to Garnetts skillset if we are riding with Rondo (Not a strong deep threat).

Of course Tony Parker isn't a strong deep threat, and he has done just fine with a low post operating 7 footer, soooooo....

We just need a good scoring, rebounding and shot blocking center with LENGTH. Hump is all those things but he us just too short for a championship CENTER. PF he is just fine. Like Buck Williams or Olajuwans partner Otis Thorpe. Hump has great value in that role. NOT at center.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

But again, we have players that are too good for back-up roles but not better than the guys ahead of them.

Bradley over Lee

Rondo over Crawford

Green over Wallace

Sullinger over Bass

Bass over Hump

That's a lot of dilemma and skillset redundancy!

Where are the skyscrapers? (Shot blockers) The snipers? (Superstar deep threats)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rondos return will mark the day the C's officially tank the rest of the season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondos return will mark the day the C's officially tank the rest of the season.

[/QUOTE]

How so?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah51M8Fdq3c

Rondo leads celtics to banner18 in 2015

Sections
Shortcuts