Right Time To Trade Avery Bradley

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Re: Right Time To Trade Avery Bradley

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to scubber's comment:

[QUOTE]

What is more questionable?  Letting TA go for 3/9M or AB at 4/32M?  Yet, you are sure Ainge will match AB 4/32M.  The Celtics will have not a lot of cap room next year just to sign their rookies, yet you are AB will be matched at 8 millions per.

[/QUOTE]

The Celts can go over the cap to sign their own free-agents.

So cap space is not an issue if we're talking about our own free-agents.

[/QUOTE]

I understand that, but money spent on him is less money spent on other better players.  I don't have a crystal ball on what Ainge is thinking but I would never pay 4/32M for Bradley, that is a potential big handcuffed on the team for several years.  We have so many picks, let's work on getting a really good player first and keep our payroll as low as possible.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I understand that, but money spent on him is less money spent on other better players.  I don't have a crystal ball on what Ainge is thinking but I would never pay 4/32M for Bradley, that is a potential big handcuffed on the team for several years.  We have so many picks, let's work on getting a really good player first and keep our payroll as low as possible.

[/QUOTE]

If you want to have money to spend on other players, get rid of Gerald Wallace.

The Celts can sign two max players in 2015 if Wallace's contract is gone.

Even if AB gets 8m per year, the Celts can still sign two max players as long as Wallace is not with the Celts in the summer of 2015.

Also, I believe AB will get 7-7.5m per year.

[/QUOTE]

Not 2 max player, I think just one if you take into account all the picks that they need to sign.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]

Not 2 max player, I think just one if you take into account all the picks that they need to sign.

Two max players is possible if Wallace's contract is gone.

Remember, the salary cap increases every year.

Celts only have 17.74m in total salaries for 2015.

Even if you add two 1st rounders for 2015, the Celts still have enough cap room for two max players in the summer of 2015.

[/QUOTE]

Plus 2 first rounders with graduated increase from this year plus potential 1 first from Philly plus any 2nd rounders they might keep and get plus Rondo plus any new players they may sign from this year and of course AB salary if you sign him.  2 max is not realistic to me if you give AB 8 M.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I've always been a huge AB supporter, I feel he is a cornerstone kind of player, but he seems to be injury prone and that makes me cautious of investing long term at top doillar. Is he another Grant Hill or is he Micheal Redd ? I think it is our best interest to make a qualifiying offer and see what happens. AB is a borderline high risk/high reward guy right now so unless I got really good offer for a good solid player or an risk/reward guy and/or draft positioning, I keep AB.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

In response to Number6Fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Defense wins championships.

[/QUOTE]

The thing is lately he has been more focused on out scoring the rest of the team then his defense. His defensive tenacity has waned possibly due to the injuries he has had. No way Ainge or anybody else would give him 8mil a year.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

[QUOTE]

After the season.

I'm sure Ainge will trade Bradley if a team offers a lotery pick, unprotected, for Bradley.

We don't know if the Celts will end up in the top 3, top5, or top 10 of the lottery.

So why rush trading Bradley for a guy like Evan Turner or OJ Mayo?

If the Celts don't end up in the top 5 of the lottery then that means it's very likely the Celts will end up with Gary Harris, a pure SG.

Unless there's an offer Ainge can't refuse, keeping Bradley now and waiting until the season is over to decide what to do with AB is the best option.

Also, if Ainge can convince AB to give the Celts a hometown discount, 28m for 4 years, then AB is worth keeping regardless of what happens on draft night.

[/QUOTE]

Not one penny more than $28M/4yr

If he thinks he's worth more, give him the 4th yr at player option.......let him opt out after 3 if he thinks he can get $10M pr yr....

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

[QUOTE]

And who said anything about AB getting 8m per year?

The max AB is going to get from Ainge is 28-30m for 4 years.

[/QUOTE]

That would be insane.

He can't even make it through a season without getting injured.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to chris33's comment:

[QUOTE]

That would be insane.

He can't even make it through a season without getting injured.

[/QUOTE]

Here's the thing, AB will get 28-30m for 4 years whether it's from the Celts or another team.

So if Ainge doesn't want AB at 28-30m for 4 years, he's going to do a sign and trade for AB.

But AB will still get 28-30m for 4 years because that's his market price.

[/QUOTE]

How could you be so sure that is the market price?  That was what he and his agent wanted, but is that the market price?

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.