Rim Protectors - Who could be available?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

Rim Protectors - Who could be available?

OK, it is not a secret the Celts need a Center that can protect the rim. It would be great if the ping pong balls fall our way and Embiid was our choice but we as Celtic Fans know the chances of that happening are slim to none {mainly Thanks to those two meaninglesss wins}. That being said, who are some real Rim Protectors that might be available no matter via the Draft, Free Agency or Trades?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fedup13. Show fedup13's posts

Re: Rim Protectors - Who could be available?

asik

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

If Nerlens Noel weighs 250 by now I'd try to get him. Otherwise he is skinnier than Garnett was at 18!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to DaCeltics' comment:

If Nerlens Noel weighs 250 by now I'd try to get him. Otherwise he is skinnier than Garnett was at 18!

Will never happen...he'll be in the front court for the 76'rs for the next decade

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

Will never happen...he'll be in the front court for the 76'rs for the next decade

Hey Melly.....not sure if people are not responding to my discussion because I am a moron or there is just not much out there? LMFAO! So far, we have Asik and I agree Noel will be in Phili forever.....your thoughts? I would like the Blazers to get bounced in the first round and then try to steal Aldridge. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to celticelmo's comment:

OK, it is not a secret the Celts need a Center that can protect the rim. It would be great if the ping pong balls fall our way and Embiid was our choice but we as Celtic Fans know the chances of that happening are slim to none {mainly Thanks to those two meaninglesss wins}. That being said, who are some real Rim Protectors that might be available no matter via the Draft, Free Agency or Trades?

I disagree. Since the lottery started the #5 record, which we have, has gotten the 1st more than any pick other than the #3 slot. I have no idea why people insist we have no shot the 1-4 slot. The 3,5 and 7th seeds have gotten the top pick more than the 1,2 and 4th seed. Until 5/20 it's all hyperbole.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

That's what happens when you play a bunch of guys that are fighting to leave a good impression for some job security going into next year. Should have played the vets.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

The three guys I see as even remotely available are the aforementioned Asik, maybe Gortat and Sanders.  If a team gets a halfway decent rim protector, they tend to hang on to them due to it being the toughest position in the NBA to fill.  Maybe you could get a guy like Thabeet, but they have such little coordination it's almost not worth it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:

The three guys I see as even remotely available are the aforementioned Asik, maybe Gortat and Sanders.  If a team gets a halfway decent rim protector, they tend to hang on to them due to it being the toughest position in the NBA to fill.  Maybe you could get a guy like Thabeet, but they have such little coordination it's almost not worth it.

Thanks for staying on task here "LPSweetGuitar dude"! I should not have added the {mainly thanks to those two meaninglesss wins} comment as it took away from what I wanted to hear. Just searching for options and there are not many. I sure hope Embiid falls into our lap or it will be tough for us to nail a Rim Protecting Center for next season. Just not much out there. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:

Thanks for staying on task here "LPSweetGuitar dude"! I should not have added the {mainly thanks to those two meaninglesss wins} comment as it took away from what I wanted to hear. Just searching for options and there are not many. I sure hope Embiid falls into our lap or it will be tough for us to nail a Rim Protecting Center for next season. Just not much out there. 

Well, currently, that goes for opinions as well. Which at this uncertain time, is not many as well. That's why you can hear your echo in here. Sorry if I have no clue at this point in time. That's the way it goes, specially around this time of year. The worse is yet to come. Or were you just looking for the list of usual suspects? Asik, Chandler, Dalembert, Gortat, I don't know, Name to added later, Someone, Noone, etc. etc.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

Just looking for names Boogie and maybe some off the wall scenarios. Not taking shots at anyone......just looking for options and hoping to hear someone come up with some sleepers or trade scenarios that others {including myself} have not thought of. I know it is very early in the off-season and maybe there are just not many options at this point but many posters on here come up with some great scenarios and yes, sometimes far fetched and off the wall, but the Center position, IMO is the greatest position of need and I would like to know all possibilities. Anythings possible!!!! LOL.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Just looking for names Boogie and maybe some off the wall scenarios. Not taking shots at anyone......just looking for options and hoping to hear someone come up with some sleepers or trade scenarios that others {including myself} have not thought of. I know it is very early in the off-season and maybe there are just not many options at this point but many posters on here come up with some great scenarios and yes, sometimes far fetched and off the wall, but the Center position, IMO is the greatest position of need and I would like to know all possibilities. Anythings possible!!!! LOL.

Hey, I feel yah bro. I've been drooling over a rim protecting 7 footer ever since we lost out on Duncan in '97. Then Oden in '07. I think we all feel the sting. However, trade scenarios, formulating player movement and possibilities are not my forte. Though there's no shortage of those guys on here. I usually sit back and just wait for what info will come...... been waiting since '97.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

I've wanted Dalembert ever since we got KG. Those two guys were made to play together.  It is a shame they never did.  KG with his passing would've made Dalembert twice the offensive player, and Dalemberts D and Rebounding would've taken a ton of pressure off KG to do, well everything.  Especially his last few seasons here. But at this point DBert is just too over the hill for this team.

Two other guys who will probably never be available, but I would love to get are Dieng, and Mason Plumlee.  Those guys were my #1#2 choices in the draft last year and Danny passed on both of them to trade up to get Olynyk. Fortunately Olynyk has worked out.

i just don't know if Danny regards the pogo stick shot blockers as highly as some of us do.  He could've signed Stiemsma last year for the same amount he gave Faverani. But Steamer probably would have won us a couple games because he does the exact things that this team lacked.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

They should sign Oden to a cheap 1 or 2 year deal and see what he has left.  Maybe he can give 15-20 minutes a game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Danny has a lot, a lot of assets; so something bigger (no pun intended) could happen. For example, what if Memphis flames out in Round 1 and decides to rebuild. With Gasol a FA in 15, maybe he's available for the Celts pick (hopefully in the Top 3) and Sully or Olly or maybe just the pick and we use the trade exception.  Asik just seems like a whiner; I would be careful and make sure he fits in the locker room (ie, is not a complete bumhole) as he does play an important role as true rim protector and they can probably land him for Bradley in a sign and trade (Bradley paired with Harden would be a nice backcourt for Houston - 2 combo gaurds one who can drive and shoot and one who can play d and shoot). 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

C-MO....I'm not sure what's there...re-treads and guys with huge holes in their games..Sanders?..the dude is a walking suspension and should play for Denver, it's where his heart and "HEAD (puff-puff)" are at ...Asik, is he really more than just a big body right now? Gortat, he scares shots just by looking at them he's so ugly, but will his current team let him walk away? I doubt it, plus they're closer to a championship than we are, and Wall is a superstar ... Nope, No decent rim protector's in sight and since Cauley-Stein is staying in school, don't see but one in the draft and unless we get very lucky, we won't be seeing Embiid in Celtic green...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

C-MO....I'm not sure what's there...re-treads and guys with huge holes in their games..Sanders?..the dude is a walking suspension and should play for Denver, it's where his heart and "HEAD (puff-puff)" are at ...Asik, is he really more than just a big body right now? Gortat, he scares shots just by looking at them he's so ugly, but will his current team let him walk away? I doubt it, plus they're closer to a championship than we are, and Wall is a superstar ... Nope, No decent rim protector's in sight and since Cauley-Stein is staying in school, don't see but one in the draft and unless we get very lucky, we won't be seeing Embiid in Celtic green...

Yeah Melly, not much there at all. I do like FUTBAL's idea of maybe snagging Marc Gasol, although I think the chances would be slim but it would be great. Then sign his brother Pau and all of a sudden, we are huge up front. Older for sure but that would make for a quick turnaround which may not be in our best interest depending on what else Danny could add around them. Then the C's get Pierce back and here we go. Anything's possible!!!! OR, maybe not.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Omg! The Gasol brothers, Hump and Bass with Sully and Olynyk would be pretty solid plus a great addition from this draft. 

Sweet!

Pressey and Rondo need bigs like the Gasols and Kells and Aldridge to get the most out of their p n roll ability.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

Omg! The Gasol brothers, Hump and Bass with Sully and Olynyk would be pretty solid plus a great addition from this draft. 

Sweet!

Pressey and Rondo need bigs like the Gasols and Kells and Aldridge to get the most out of their p n roll ability.

Yeah DaCeltics, it might be a bit far fetched idea but Danny has the ammo to get someithng like this done. We would probably lose KO or Sully in the M. Gasol trade but who cares. There would be nobody in the NBA that could match up with our size, even Indiana because Bynum is done. The game always slows down in the Playoffs so Rondo's pounding of the ball would even fit into this type of a club becasue he just does not seem like he fits in with a running ball club. Anyway, these are the types of situations I was looking for when I started the thread. Unlikely...Yes. Impossible.....No.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I don't if anyone else has mentioned this kid Cris Capela  6'11 222 19 yo he's a Euro big man that avg 18.5 pts 13 reb 3.2 blks 69% fga per 40 min. MAybe @17 not at 1st 1st.   I still thinks there's hope for Faverani,hopefully it was his kneethat caused his up and down performance. He's a young guy to play as much pro ball as he has and he more than held his own at times here maybe the extra time off and surgery will help.   Embiid is my 1st choice if there 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

I don't if anyone else has mentioned this kid Cris Capela  6'11 222 19 yo he's a Euro big man that avg 18.5 pts 13 reb 3.2 blks 69% fga per 40 min. MAybe @17 not at 1st 1st.   I still thinks there's hope for Faverani,hopefully it was his kneethat caused his up and down performance. He's a young guy to play as much pro ball as he has and he more than held his own at times here maybe the extra time off and surgery will help.   Embiid is my 1st choice if there 

When Employee8 mentioned Capela I watched his films...the kids got game for a youngster... you can't teach 6-11 and athleticism...he's a find if he gets bigger (which he will because of his age) and gets any kind of offensive game at all...I like him...is he worth the #17 pick? Yep, if he lasts that long

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Sweet!

Yeah DaCeltics, it might be a bit far fetched idea but Danny has the ammo to get someithng like this done. We would probably lose KO or Sully in the M. Gasol trade but who cares. There would be nobody in the NBA that could match up with our size, even Indiana because Bynum is done. The game always slows down in the Playoffs so Rondo's pounding of the ball would even fit into this type of a club becasue he just does not seem like he fits in with a running ball club. Anyway, these are the types of situations I was looking for when I started the thread. Unlikely...Yes. Impossible.....No.

Wait a minute. Nobody said we were giving up Kelly for anybody! Not ready to part with Kells for anybody but Lebron, Durant and Anthony Davis. Maybe even Drummond. Thats it. Everyone else is too old to sustain this franchise.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxcodyfxx. Show xxcodyfxx's posts

They should trade for one of the Detroit centers.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to xxcodyfxx's comment:

They should trade for one of the Detroit centers.

Monroe is not a good defensive Center, and Drummond is the closest thing to "untouchable" in the east not named Lebron.

Sections
Shortcuts