Rim Protectors - Who could be available?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: Rim Protectors - Who could be available?

I haven't seen much on Capela.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

man I know I will catch some flack for this one and it wouldn't be my chioce either. But I have a feeling that Ainge just might go after  Hawes as a UFA.

you may be surprised at how well his blocks hold up against players like Gortat and all. and he is the outside shotting big man that Stevens seems to like/want/transform our inside guys into.

I gotta tell ya I  can see our off-season moves being Hawes (at about $6M per)

Hayward in a sign and trade with Utah (we give up Green and a future first/maybe Bogans to make the $$ work).

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Green and #17 for Monroe.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

In response to kdp59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

man I know I will catch some flack for this one and it wouldn't be my chioce either. But I have a feeling that Ainge just might go after  Hawes as a UFA.

I like the idea of this.  Pickup Haywood, a center, and a SF this offseason in exchange for future picks, bass, green, bogans, wallace et al and we are on our way.

you may be surprised at how well his blocks hold up against players like Gortat and all. and he is the outside shotting big man that Stevens seems to like/want/transform our inside guys into.

I gotta tell ya I  can see our off-season moves being Hawes (at about $6M per)

Hayward in a sign and trade with Utah (we give up Green and a future first/maybe Bogans to make the $$ work).

[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Gortat is a UFA but I don't see him leaving Wash,a team poised to contend, for the Celtics. The only way we could snag him away is if the Bullets go all in on Aziza and don't see that happening. Gordon avgd .57 blks a game so I wouldn't call him a rim protector. Hawes is a possibility but he might be to much in demand for our price range. Okafur 31 back and neck problems, I doubt it unless he was vet min and he'd probably take that somewhere else than here. If we don't get one in the draft we maybe looking Vitor as our guy next season. I'm not saying that Vitor is HOF center but before he got hurt his defensive stats were good. 5th in blks % per possession abstract stat but he can hang down low. Vitor showing the promise he flashed last year would be great for our $$$  situation a big if but it could happen. Until 5/20 any guess is as good as the next.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gortat is a UFA but I don't see him leaving Wash,a team poised to contend, for the Celtics. The only way we could snag him away is if the Bullets go all in on Aziza and don't see that happening. Gordon avgd .57 blks a game so I wouldn't call him a rim protector. Hawes is a possibility but he might be to much in demand for our price range. Okafur 31 back and neck problems, I doubt it unless he was vet min and he'd probably take that somewhere else than here. If we don't get one in the draft we maybe looking Vitor as our guy next season. I'm not saying that Vitor is HOF center but before he got hurt his defensive stats were good. 5th in blks % per possession abstract stat but he can hang down low. Vitor showing the promise he flashed last year would be great for our $$$  situation a big if but it could happen. Until 5/20 any guess is as good as the next.

[/QUOTE]

Vitor, once he gets his NBA head on straight can be a decent backup...he's not ever going to be a 30 minute a game guy...if he is it means we're going to have another LONGGGG SEASONNNNNNN...the danger is trying to make him play a game he's not ready to play...he lost most of last season because of his injury, before and after his surgery, and because the speed of the NBA game was something he wasn't ready to deal with...before he was sent down he looked lost on the court most of the time...anyone looking that lost out there can't become a large part of your revival, at least not until he figures it all out, which he can, but let's not burn him out and destroying his confidence before that...it's not fair to the team or him...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Tyson Chandler may be available for trade if Melo walks on the Knicks.

Tyson would be a great option for a year. Celtics could trade Bass, Favarani, Anthony and Bogans for Tyson. Throw in a pick or two for the Knicks. Possibly trade the BKN 2014 pick.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

In response to R9R's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Tyson Chandler may be available for trade if Melo walks on the Knicks.

Tyson would be a great option for a year. Celtics could trade Bass, Favarani, Anthony and Bogans for Tyson. Throw in a pick or two for the Knicks. Possibly trade the BKN 2014 pick.

[/QUOTE]

I would not mnd Chandler but I would not be trading any picks for a one year rental. That being said, if he is already 32 years old and has had injury problems the past few years. I like the type of player he is/was but I am not sure he fits into a rebuild at his age.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I'm not saying Vitor is the answer , but maybe he comes back more adjusted to the NBA game and plays with more consistency if we don't get a better option. Chandler will make 14.2 next year and he's a guy that be a final piece but we're not that team. A guy like Kamen at 3.2 and a committee style approach might work,especially if we do draft C in the draft and work him in Kamen , Vitor,KO and Sully depending on matchups.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Capela's over-rated.  According to scouts, his game was exposed at the Nike Hoop Summit.  Plus, there's a ton of very good players who should be available at the end of the first round.  Would you pass on someone like Napier for a short, swiss, project center?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Asik 

24 minutes Game 2

6 points, 5 rebounds, 1 stl, 1 to, 0 Blocks..

The Rim Protector some rave about. No thanks! I rather give the minutes to Vitor who can shoot and probably get the same numbers in a heartbeat.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2014_per_minute.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2014_per_minute.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2014_per_minute.html

top players in blocks per 36 min ( the only stat we have for a "rim protector " today).

R. Gobert- 3.4 (going nowhere)

C. Aldrich- 3.3 (UFA)

J. McGee- 3.2 (Denver would LOVE to get rid of his contract)

J. Varnado- 3.1 (been here once already)

S. Ibaka- 3.0 ( going nowhere)

R. Turiaf-3.0 ( Career back up)

B. Biyombo-2.9 ( can be had most likely in trade)

A. Davis- 2.9 ( LOL, yeah right)

R. Hibbert-2.8 ( IF he gets in Birds doghouse, he COULD be available...will cost a FORTUNE to get)

K. O'Quinn- 2,7 ( Back up, could be had in trade)

J. Withy- 2.6 ( back up)

C. Andersen- 2.6 ( nah...will only play for a contender)

A. Bogut- 2.5 ( trade?...high contract and injury history should be a concern)

D. Jordan -2.5 ( nope, not coming here)

L. Sanders- 2.5 ( Mil would move him in a minute before draft, if Embiid is there for their pick)

J. Southerland-2.4 ( WHO?)

J. Anthony- 2.3 ( who KNEW!...we already have one of the best "rim protectors" in the NBA!)

other notables

V. Favorani- 2.0  ( like Anthony already here)

G. Stiemsma-2.0 ( UFA)

E. Udoh-2.0 ( RFA)

M. Gortat-1.6 ( UFA)

J. Hill - 1.5 (UFA)

O. Asik- 1.4 ( Trade )

T. Chandler- 1.4 (Trade, big contract)

S. Hawes-1.4 ( UFA)

there is a list for you to review.

I will add the top shot blockers from college here also:

J. Bachynski-ASU- 4.1 (7-2, Ranked 86th by draft net)

K. Birch-UNLV-3.7 (6-9 junior)

R. Brown-Manhatten-3.6 ( 6-7 senior)

DJ Cunningham-NC-Ashville-3.6 (6-10, Senior)

S. Bhullar-NMst-3.4 (7-5, recently applied for draft)

I. Austin-Baylor-3.2 (7-1, could be a first round pick)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

[QUOTE]

Pressey and Rondo need bigs like the Gasols and Kells and Aldridge to get the most out of their p n roll ability.

[/QUOTE]

Pressey?  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Capela's over-rated.  According to scouts, his game was exposed at the Nike Hoop Summit.  Plus, there's a ton of very good players who should be available at the end of the first round.  Would you pass on someone like Napier for a short, swiss, project center?

[/QUOTE]

Exposed? 

He had a crappy game ... they all do at 19 y.o. ... His prior performances have no bearing?

Since when is 6'11" @ 19 considered short?

A nice "project" to have especially since there will be no need for Napier with RR and Exum in the fold.

[/QUOTE]

Employee 8- What is with you and all of these "projects"?  Do you enjoy rebuilding?  Is the postseason too much for you?  Exum and Capela are not ready for the NBA.  Exum needs to make huge strides on offense, and height alone won't make him good on defense.  Capela played like crap against good competition at the Nike Summit- the kind of competition which he's cleary not accustomed to.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts