RIP joining Celtics?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Re: RIP joining Celtics?

He's already made several million dollars and would get several more million in a buy out. He's not gonna waste away 2 and a half more seasons stagnating on the bench. I'd cut my losses, take the buy out and move to a championship contending team for the minimum. Some people count every dollar and some don't. We'll see what kind of person Rick Hamilton is. More money does not make everybody in this world happy. He's in a similar situation that Stephon Marbury was in a few years back. Stephon got his big buyout settlement, but he wasted away 1-2 seasons by not playing very much and being a headache to the franchize. Hamilton seems to be a more level headed guy than Marbury. I don't expect the same from Rick.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Even if Rip accepts a buyout, why would he sign with the Celtics and languish further in the bench as a mere back-up to Ray Allen? He's turning 33 this February, so I seriously doubt he would like to end his playing career that way. There are other contenders like the Mavericks, Magic, Thunder and Knicks that can play him as a starter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: RIP joining Celtics?:
    Even if Rip accepts a buyout, why would he sign with the Celtics and languish further in the bench as a mere back-up to Ray Allen? He's turning 33 this February, so I seriously doubt he would like to end his playing career that way. There are other contenders like the Mavericks, Magic, Thunder and Knicks that can play him as a starter.
    Posted by edcap99

Only problem is you didn't name a contender.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Posted by edcap99

He'd be a back up on the teams you name.  So, they are all no different than the Celtics, albeit perhaps with less chance to win another championship for him.  Sheed and Ray are his buddies and he may want to play with his buddies (although Sheed's not actually playing).  Chicago is the place where he would start (they have no shooting guard of any real talent).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I always thought Kirilinko for Rip and Prince is a good deal for both teams.

Detroit saves 30 million

Utah gets an upgrade to Raja Bell @ SG and a similar defender to AK47 who can do the same stuff in their system

Rip to Boston? Sure if he's bought out. He's better than Nate.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I always thought Kirilinko for Rip and Prince is a good deal for both teams. Detroit saves 30 million Utah gets an upgrade to Raja Bell @ SG and a similar defender to AK47 who can do the same stuff in their system Rip to Boston? Sure if he's bought out. He's better than Nate.
    Posted by rameakap

Kirilenko's contract is a nightmare.  I'm sure Utah would love to get rid of it!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: RIP joining Celtics? : Kirilenko's contract is a nightmare.  I'm sure Utah would love to get rid of it!
    Posted by hedleylamarr

Well this is the last year of his monster contract

The next 2 years rip's contract is the nightmare

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

if he came to celts, he would take von wafer's 12th spot! nate will be 10th and jo 11th in my view once west comes bak...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

In Response to Re: RIP joining Celtics? : Only problem is you didn't name a contender.
    Posted by OneOnOne
    The teams I mentioned are all likely to make the playoffs. Once in the playoffs, they become contenders. Please check the definition of the word "contender".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

In Response to Re: RIP joining Celtics? : He'd be a back up on the teams you name.  So, they are all no different than the Celtics, albeit perhaps with less chance to win another championship for him.  Sheed and Ray are his buddies and he may want to play with his buddies (although Sheed's not actually playing).  Chicago is the place where he would start (they have no shooting guard of any real talent).
    Posted by Celtsfan4life
    He wouldn't necessatily be a back-up on these teams. The Mavs, Knicks and Magic, for example, are still in search for that extra piece that can push them to the top. Hamilton, when playing well, can be that difference. He's a veteran and used to playing as a starter and can be readily integrated into these teams.  His chances of playing on the teams I mentioned are better than on the Celtics which is already deep once every one is healthy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

The post thread is deceiving because there is no ounce of evidence that Hamilton is even thinking of a buyout less long considering Boston as his team.  He has had his better days and Boston needs to pass on him.  Von Wafer is younger and more athletic and when given time he can produce.  Fancible thinking, but the dreams of a super team AINT happening!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Jermaine O'Neal, Marquis Daniels, Avery Bradley, Von Wafer for Richard Hamilton works on Real GM Trade Checker.

Daniels would have to accept the trade, which he likely would do if there's a wink-wink agreement in place whereby the Pistons immediately waive him. He could then sign with another contender or return to the Celtics in a month. I'd ask the Pistons to release Von Wafer too.

The 4-for-1 deal would open up three roster spots for the Celtics. I'd sign Rasheed Wallace to replace Jermaine O'Neal. I'd re-sign Daniels and Von Wafer when they're first eligible to return a month after their release from Detroit. If one or both don't return, that would be fine. They'd barely play anyway.

Minute allotment:

C - Shaquille O'Neal 15 mpg, Kendrick Perkins 25 mpg, Rasheed Wallace 8 mpg.
    PF - Kevin Garnett 28 mpg, Glen Davis 20 mpg.
    SF - Paul Pierce 35 mpg, Richard Hamilton 13 mpg.
    PG - Rajon Rondo 38 mpg, Delonte West 10 mpg.
    SG - Ray Allen 30 mpg, Richard Hamilton 18 mpg.

Even without returns to the team by Daniels and Von Wafer, the Celtics would still have Robinson, Erden, and Harangody for third string.

Sections
Shortcuts