R.I.P. Lorenzen Wright

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

R.I.P. Lorenzen Wright

Sad news for the basketball world. His body is found dead in Memphis. We will all miss you Lorenzen ! Frown

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from toineson. Show toineson's posts

Re: R.I.P. Lorenzen Wright

So sad and upsetting.  R.I.P. to the 7th overall pick of the 1996 Draft... We came very close to tragedy with the 6th pick from that draft 3 years ago, but fortunately we got lucky and he's still with us. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

In hindsight......to think we could've taken Kobe or Nash.....or one of a few others....I just took a look at that draft.....'Toine looked good coming in but......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

That is sad news. I heard he was missing and I thought that he may be dead. If it is suicide, I feel for his family. It's a hard blow to take and get over. I know personally.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rpn123321. Show rpn123321's posts

what??

How is this sad news? He never learned how to hold onto money, lost everything he ever made in the NBA and apparently decided to kill himself. Why would anyone but his family be sad over this. He lived the life of luxury for a long time, and I guarantee wouldn't of given two cents worth on any of your health. He chose this path, his decision (allegedly) to take his life. Why be sad over that? If someone wants to kill themself, then so be it. I'm not going to be sad over this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Wow rpn123321, why so cold dude?  Who are YOU to judge anyone?  Anyway, to each his own.

Sad day when someone, anyone loses his/her life.  And at the young age of 34, truly a sad day for fans of the NBA and its players.

Rest in Peace Lorenzen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from toineson. Show toineson's posts

In Response to Re: R.I.P. Lorenzen Wright:
    what?? How is this sad news? He never learned how to hold onto money, lost everything he ever made in the NBA and apparently decided to kill himself. Why would anyone but his family be sad over this. He lived the life of luxury for a long time, and I guarantee wouldn't of given two cents worth on any of your health. He chose this path, his decision (allegedly) to take his life. Why be sad over that? If someone wants to kill themself, then so be it. I'm not going to be sad over this.
    Posted by rpn123321

Well, it's a tragedy regardless of whether it was suicide or not, but I'm not buying the suicide thing... had to have been one helluva suicide since he was shot over a dozen times. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In Response to Re: R.I.P. Lorenzen Wright : Well, it's a tragedy regardless of whether it was suicide or not, but I'm not buying the suicide thing... had to have been one helluva suicide since he was shot over a dozen times. 
    Posted by toineson

I just read the article again and it said "a gunshot wound." Where did you get the information on 12 gun shot wounds.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

what?? How is this sad news? He never learned how to hold onto money, lost everything he ever made in the NBA and apparently decided to kill himself. Why would anyone but his family be sad over this. He lived the life of luxury for a long time, and I guarantee wouldn't of given two cents worth on any of your health. He chose this path, his decision (allegedly) to take his life. Why be sad over that? If someone wants to kill themself, then so be it. I'm not going to be sad over this.
    Posted by rpn123321

I'll second that statement about this being a cold hearted statement. However I do take some offense in the statement stated: " He chose his path to kill himself. Why be sad over that.
        My oldest brother commited suicide 7 years ago and my whole family is still sad about it. Suicide is a very tragic matter to families who experience it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toineson. Show toineson's posts

In Response to Re: R.I.P. Lorenzen Wright :   I just read the article again and it said "a gunshot wound." Where did you get the information on 12 gun shot wounds.
    Posted by mem17

There are different reports out there so I'm not sure which ones are accurate, but Matt Stark the local affiliate Fox13 Sports Director in Memphis, had some tweets about it:

http://twitter.com/MStark13

Wow, reports coming in to FOX13 that Lorenzen Wright was shot at least a dozen times. RT @Mediaverse From the CA: "A (911) dispatcher could hear the loud blasts of several gunshots. The cellphone call ended at that point."

Sections
Shortcuts