Rivers bizarre decision to play Terry in crunch time

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Re: Rivers bizarre decision to play Terry in crunch time

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Rivers is playing Terry because he has the big contract.

Lee makes the same as Terry.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Rivers decision to play Terry in crunch time allowed Chicago to post up Rondo which lost us the game.

Lee should be the backup two guard when Bradley is out.

Terry is one of the best crunch time players of the era Kirk.  He is legendary in Dallas.  And he did a pretty good job of channelling it in the overtime.  Try to be fair.  Doc and Terry are not the problem. It is what we don't have in the frontcourt.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Rivers decision to play Terry in crunch time allowed Chicago to post up Rondo which lost us the game.

Terry is one of the best crunch time players of the era Kirk.  He is legendary in Dallas.  And he did a pretty good job of channelling it in the overtime.  Try to be fair.  Doc and Terry are not the problem. It is what we don't have in the frontcourt.

The Celtics backcourt 1 through 5 is one of the best in the NBA. None of those guys is the issue.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Listening to the announcers on JT's struggles.  It is different when you have Dirk on the low post getting double teamed and KG or PP who are not. Plus JT had the ball in his hands a lot in Dallas, not so much in Boston.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Terry hit a crunch time shot, that is all for what he is here. Let us be fair.

The Bulls just hit a prayer.

And it was clear for everyone who has seen Terry play that he is a bad defender and to small to defend SGs.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Really, kirk6, one of the dumbest threads ever.  For a lot of reasons.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

Actually Rondo got caught on a switch off of a pick. Opposing guards aren't posting up RR.

I watched JT in crunch time and in addition to the two game saving/extending shots he made earlier...he really played great defense in ot. Sure maybe he could of jumped up with a hand extended but really got beat by a circus shot

Circus shot

poor vet scoring

missed fts

bad calls        

Beat the "C's" last night  I'll take it. With healty Wilcox and Bradley we win!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jamesandersonwho. Show jamesandersonwho's posts

I agree with Fierce, Kirk is a flip flopper and a fool sometimes. He was saying, they don't need any trades,and now he is seeing what the smart posters seen.

Ainge should bite the bullet and trade Sully and Avery for Cousins. This team needs a big and a scorer ,and Cousins could fill both needs and is still young.

He and Rondo also are friends,and this team isn't winning relying on 2 old men to score.

I liked Avery, when everyone else was calling him a bust, but I would make the trade,because Lee can fill in for Bradley.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to heirplain's comment:

Actually Rondo got caught on a switch off of a pick. Opposing guards aren't posting up RR.

I watched JT in crunch time and in addition to the two game saving/extending shots he made earlier...he really played great defense in ot. Sure maybe he could of jumped up with a hand extended but really got beat by a circus shot

Circus shot

poor vet scoring

missed fts

bad calls        

Beat the "C's" last night  I'll take it. With healty Wilcox and Bradley we win!

If we play with this passion every game I have no doubt that we would be in the top 4 teams in the East. KG and PP are usually going to shoot better than that. With as bad as they shot, they did other things and Rondo picked up his offense. He should be looking to score 20 pts a game.

I agree we didn't catch a break on the officiating.  One foul that sticks out was Robinson going in  for layup, going to get blocked, sticks his leg out and kicks Sully in the b**ls and the foul called on Sullinger? I won't say the officials cost us the game but we definitely don't get home court calls.

We were very physical which we have to bring every game as well.  To me if the following stuff happens.

1. RR has to push all the time,

2. RR has to look to score.  He needs to get close to 20 a game.

3. Sully has to play big minutes every game that fouls allow. He was taking no crap from Boozer or Noah.  He flat worked his way to every rebound he got.

4. PP has to stay away from 3 pt shots.  Doc needs him to quit living on the 3pt line and go to the damn basket.

5. KG  same as PP quit living outside the paint.

6. Barbosa needs time every game.

7. Green has to push the issue with scoring.  I am sick of watching him fake a shot and pull it back with one hand. 99% of the time he does that he is open to shoot the ball.

OK I got it out of my system.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I watched the second half last night and I just want to say that Jason Terry stinks and hurts the team when he's on the floor.  And I'm sick of everyone giving him a pass because he's a cool team-mate.   

Barbosa is better in every way, defense, slashing to the hoop, making cuts without the ball, running.  When he looked better than Terry hitting the corner three last night, I realized he's an across the board better player.  No way Terry should get minutes over Barbosa, it should be Barbosa and Lee to come in for AB and Rondo.

Terry is a poor man's Eddie House

Sections
Shortcuts