Rivers bizarre decision to play Terry in crunch time

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: Rivers bizarre decision to play Terry in crunch time

In response to passfirst's comment:

I watched the second half last night and I just want to say that Jason Terry stinks and hurts the team when he's on the floor.  And I'm sick of everyone giving him a pass because he's a cool team-mate.   

Barbosa is better in every way, defense, slashing to the hoop, making cuts without the ball, running.  When he looked better than Terry hitting the corner three last night, I realized he's an across the board better player.  No way Terry should get minutes over Barbosa, it should be Barbosa and Lee to come in for AB and Rondo.

Terry is a poor man's Eddie House

JT is a good player and better than House.

He'll recover.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I watched the second half last night and I just want to say that Jason Terry stinks and hurts the team when he's on the floor.  And I'm sick of everyone giving him a pass because he's a cool team-mate.   

Barbosa is better in every way, defense, slashing to the hoop, making cuts without the ball, running.  When he looked better than Terry hitting the corner three last night, I realized he's an across the board better player.  No way Terry should get minutes over Barbosa, it should be Barbosa and Lee to come in for AB and Rondo.

Not sure what you watched.  JT actually played pretty good last nite. He also hit a couple of critical shots as well.  Not saying I am happy with him overall but last nite seems like the wrong time to be knocking his play.  I do agree that Barbosa should be getting time.  I have no idea why Doc doesn't give him time.  Funny after the report that LB wanted to be traded Doc decides to start him for AB.  It did notice how Rip was abusing LB down low didn't you?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Not sure what you watched.  JT actually played pretty good last nite. He also hit a couple of critical shots as well.  Not saying I am happy with him overall but last nite seems like the wrong time to be knocking his play.  I do agree that Barbosa should be getting time.  I have no idea why Doc doesn't give him time.  Funny after the report that LB wanted to be traded Doc decides to start him for AB.  It did notice how Rip was abusing LB down low didn't you?

That was a coincidence with LB starting wasn't it! Some players are sprinters some are marathoners..Rip is a long distance runner. He wears down a defender. LB did pretty well at first but lost his edge later on. Don't think he plays enough.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cujo23. Show cujo23's posts

He did play well and hit a big shot at the end.  However, with the lead he should not have been on the floor for that last Chicago possession.  The highlight is everywhere when that shot went up, so take note that Terry's hands may have well been in his pockets as he watched while guarding that play.  That shot should have never gone in, but he should have not been on the floor.  That one falls on Doc not Terry, as everyone knows he is not a defender.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to cujo23's comment:

He did play well and hit a big shot at the end.  However, with the lead he should not have been on the floor for that last Chicago possession.  The highlight is everywhere when that shot went up, so take note that Terry's hands may have well been in his pockets as he watched while guarding that play.  That shot should have never gone in, but he should have not been on the floor.  That one falls on Doc not Terry, as everyone knows he is not a defender.

Agree we should have subbed someone in but JT has played alright defense the whole game.  Basically it was a lucky shot, as was the deflected pass that ended up in Kirk H. hands that he tied up the game.  The Bulls got very lucky at the end and to top it off they were allwed to foul PP at the end and not call it.  I have no idea why that wasn't called. 99.9% of the time that foul would be called on the defense. Why we didn't get it called is anyones guess.  I guarantee Thibadeau would not have complained one bit if it was called.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

Terry hit a crunch time shot, that is all for what he is here. Let us be fair.

The Bulls just hit a prayer.

And it was clear for everyone who has seen Terry play that he is a bad defender and to small to defend SGs.

Same can be said about Ray Allen.

Haha, another proof that you and kirk have a similiar obsession.

Kirk found his in Terry lately, you have the Ray Allen obsession since years.

If you replaye the names Terry and Ray, no one would know who of you two is posting.

Ah, before I forgot: Ray is one of the bigger SGs in the league at 6.5. Terry is only 6.2.

You are blinded from your hate on Ray.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Actually I don't hate Ray. It's just fun getting the reaction from you Ray lovers every time I criticize Ray.

Oh, now, you playing the "It is just fun" card? Wow, maybe the lamest excuse in net. This is really below your standard isn't it?

Is then your new love for Rondo just fun as well? Or was your hating on him last year the "funny part"? Just asking...

And by the way:

I'm no Ray lover. Just posting the facts and try not to be one sided. I mentioned several times that Ray is not the player he once was and is to slow for small/quick guards.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

It's just stupid to say that the Celtics are better off with Ray than Terry and Lee. You agree or you're with the Ray lovers on that one too?

Are you serious or is it just "fun" again? There is no black and white. Just because Ray is not the player he once was we can still be better of with him instead of Terry. Why? Ray is a better shooter and a better defender/rebounder (due to his size and team defense) than Terry.  That is no loving just the cold hard facts of this year AND last year. There is no Ray vs. Terry and Lee. That is just in your mind. YOu cannot compare one player with two other players. There is no logical reason that we could not go for Lee if Ray would have signed. The other way around is true: Terry was much more expensive than Ray (cap wise).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Rivers decision to play Terry in crunch time allowed Chicago to post up Rondo which lost us the game.

Lee should be the backup two guard when Bradley is out.

What is bizarre is how obsessed you are with this....

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I just came back from working (although it's saturday) FIERCE r YOU STILL HERE? Do you ever work boy? Give your body a break....you must be tired.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

I think i left this board 8:30 -- and now 4;30 u still here -- son of a gun! Most people here are feeding u man

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I work for myself.  I work on the computer.

Everytime I post on here I am supposed to be working

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

It kind of irritates me.  I freelance. The whole reason I post here is BECAUSE I am working and screwing off for a bit.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

it's irritating to hear ....if you don't work & in program....

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to CHEisCHE's comment:

it's irritating to hear ....if you don't work & in program....

People can be on the computer and work at the same time.

This seems hard for you to grasp.