Rivers blames himself for Ray leaving.....says he told Rondo to take charge

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Rivers blames himself for Ray leaving.....says he told Rondo to take charge

In response to "Re: Rivers blames himself for Ray leaving.....says he told Rondo to take charge":
    In Response to Re: Rivers blames himself for Ray leaving.....says he told Rondo to take charge : Stern did not make the call on the suspension as anyone with common basketball knowledge should already know. Posted by BynumizaHERO
    The C's stars are resting this summer, while the Laker's dwarf star is still trying to catch the outer edge of MJ's shadow!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Rivers blames himself for Ray leaving.....says he told Rondo to take charge:
    In Response to Re: Rivers blames himself for Ray leaving.....says he told Rondo to take charge : You nailed it.  Ray went to an already champion team.  He really looks bad in all this.  
    Posted by concord27

Ray doesn't look bad to me.  I understand his move and say "good for him".  He did what he felt was right for him - any true man should do that and not do what some fan wants him to do.  I hope when its time for you to switch jobs, you do what YOU want to do rather than what others say you should do!

Its time we all moved on and simply pull for the Celtics.  I'll miss Ray but he's a Heat player now so we'll just have to beat up on him and his team now!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Ray's if you cant beat em join em attitude is for losers. Same reason Lebron was ridiculed for his "decision" to leave cleveland for a super team in miami. What happened to trying to beat Goliath. Instead  these players just give up and try to team up to make their road to the finals as easy as possible. No self respect or competetive fire at all.  
    As a former athlete I just dont get these guys, I used to TELL my coach put me on their best guy.  I took the challenge of playing AGAINST the best,  the only way to BECOME the best, is to beat the best.  Any self respecting athlete would have that same attitude and competive fire in them.  Now we applaud players for simply "playing hard" or having "energy". Where I come from thats not a skill or a talent, thats just a requirment.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

In Response to Re: Rivers blames himself for Ray leaving.....says he told Rondo to take charge:
    In Response to Re: Rivers blames himself for Ray leaving.....says he told Rondo to take charge : Ray doesn't look bad to me.  I understand his move and say "good for him".  He did what he felt was right for him - any true man should do that and not do what some fan wants him to do.  I hope when its time for you to switch jobs, you do what YOU want to do rather than what others say you should do! Its time we all moved on and simply pull for the Celtics.  I'll miss Ray but he's a Heat player now so we'll just have to beat up on him and his team now!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

+1
    The Celtics vastly improved their backcourt and Ray got what he wanted, it's a win-win situation, there's no need for the blame game. Does it really matter he chose Miami? He isn't a Celtic anymore who cares if he's in LA, Memphis or Miami. It's not treason, he's 37 years old.
    He gave us his best for 5 seasons, now it has run its course. C'est la vie.
    Most of us wanted to trade Ray anyway.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In Response to Re: Rivers blames himself for Ray leaving.....says he told Rondo to take charge : Ray doesn't look bad to me.  I understand his move and say "good for him".  He did what he felt was right for him - any true man should do that and not do what some fan wants him to do.  I hope when its time for you to switch jobs, you do what YOU want to do rather than what others say you should do! Its time we all moved on and simply pull for the Celtics.  I'll miss Ray but he's a Heat player now so we'll just have to beat up on him and his team now!
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

I like Ray Allen and still do but he does look bad.  He doesn't look bad for exercising his rights under free agency which he earned.  He looks bad for the reasons noted, if in fact they are true.

He looks bad for the following reasons:
    1 - trying to hamstring the Celtics by demanding a 3 year $27 million contract (thus all but saying he was leaving) knowing he was nowhere near worth that.
    2 - leaving because he felt he should not have been relegated to the bench behind AB and that he should be the starter even now.
    3 - leaving because he had issues with Rondo.  Be professional and work things out.
    4 - leaving because he did not get enough touches (might be same as 3 although others get him the ball on offense).
    5 - leaving because he was always in trade talks even though it was reported the Celtics added a trade kicker which would have provided that security against being traded.

I love Ray but had he simply left the crap excuses and decided to move on, I would have "respected his decision" more.  I like Ray but I don't like what he did in this instance.

But you are right.  It doesn't matter.  Time to move on and wish him good luck until they meet up with Boston.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

haha Pud is pathetic...he has now stooped so low as to say he would prefer a 37 yr old shooting guard coming off ankle surgery over a 26 year old All-NBA top 3 Point Guard.

you really have the C's best interests in mind while posting, Pud. What a joke. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In Response to Re: Rivers blames himself for Ray leaving.....says he told Rondo to take charge : I like Ray Allen and still do but he does look bad.  He doesn't look bad for exercising his rights under free agency which he earned.  He looks bad for the reasons noted, if in fact they are true. He looks bad for the following reasons: 1 - trying to hamstring the Celtics by demanding a 3 year $27 million contract (thus all but saying he was leaving) knowing he was nowhere near worth that. 2 - leaving because he felt he should not have been relegated to the bench behind AB and that he should be the starter even now. 3 - leaving because he had issues with Rondo.  Be professional and work things out. 4 - leaving because he did not get enough touches (might be same as 3 although others get him the ball on offense). 5 - leaving because he was always in trade talks even though it was reported the Celtics added a trade kicker which would have provided that security against being traded. I love Ray but had he simply left the crap excuses and decided to move on, I would have "respected his decision" more.  I like Ray but I don't like what he did in this instance. But you are right.  It doesn't matter.  Time to move on and wish him good luck until they meet up with Boston.
    Posted by Petey62

Petey,

I agree with 99% of what you said.  But I think Doc and Ainge were a little too public with the "well we offered the guy 6 mil per for two years" details.  It's like they knew he was gonna leave and they tried to make him look bad refusing more money.  His counter-response of 3 and 27 was a pipedream, and Ray knew it.  Both sides needed to move on. 

Ray wanted to start here.  It will be easier for him to accept coming off the bench in Miami.  Big ego?  Maybe.  But if he felt disrespected by Rondo/Doc then it's hard to change his mind about that. 

Don't get me wrong, both sides could have handled it better.  I think Doc is just trying to put the issue to bed with his mea culpa.  And I really agree with what Doc said.  If he feels his team was best served by starting Bradley, then he has minerals for sitting a HOF player.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Has to be a typo it should read Doc takes credit for dumping ra. Now I know where to send my thank you note.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

The telling aspect in all of this is that Rondo and Doc (who were obviously on the same page in all of this, along with the rest of the team who never suggested that Ray's on court mindset should over take Rondo's) were so clearly correct for the betterment of the team.

The "Doc is falling on his sword" thing is overstated in my mind.  I think he told it, more or less, like it was.  Let's not forget, Doc called Ray into his office and told him to give his starting job to AB in order to allow Ray to save face.  To suggest that Doc has no control of this team is funny.  The man has the pulse and loyalty of his players, as well as the ability to not over manage.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Posted by Celtsfan4life

I respect that you view it that way.  I am a fan and think Ray acted foolishly and passive aggressively.  The irony is that Ray was more happy in Boston than all the other Celtics.  It is a shame, and should not have happened. C'est la vie.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

The telling aspect in all of this is that Rondo and Doc (who were obviously on the same page in all of this, along with the rest of the team who never suggested that Ray's on court mindset should over take Rondo's) were so clearly correct for the betterment of the team.   The "Doc is falling on his sword" thing is overstated in my mind.  I think he told it, more or less, like it was.  Let's not forget, Doc called Ray into his office and told him to give his starting job to AB in order to allow Ray to save face.  To suggest that Doc has no control of this team is funny.  The man has the pulse and loyalty of his players, as well as the ability to not over manage.

Yes, but he didn't have to!  He could have left it alone, without comment.  But he took the blame for Ray leaving to protect his player from having to answer any questions about it.  Something a true leader does.
    Posted by passfirst

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Judging by some comments by other users ,Rondo must have did a Delante West with puds mom,and never called again. This clown has been on ignore for over a year. You know what he is gonna say Runand run aka old school and the few obvious trolls why even respond to these clowns? These los lonelies take any attention as good attention. There are fans that are clueless and I may be offensive and talk smack to them but I respect that they are fans as misguided as they are but again they are part of the Celtics family. A ss clowns that are obviously just trying rattle cages cannot be responded to, it's just makes them post more and ruins this forum for us real fans.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Bill Walton didn't seem to mind the bench too much. Chief and McHale closed things out. At least on this Celtics team Ray would have likely been on the floor at the end of the game.

Sections
Shortcuts