Rivers expects Melo to dominate

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Rivers expects Melo to dominate

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/

"I think he’ll be very good in the D-League, because there’s not a lot of bigs, so I’m expecting him to almost be dominant," said Rivers. "I don’t think he’ll see anyone his size, or very few guys. Stiemsma is in Minnesota, and Stiemsma was dominant [in the D-League] -- bigs are usually dominant down there."

Let's hope so, I really want to see Melo develop fast. This team has a small window of being a contender and is big man away from being very very good. Melo could either be a guy who gives us those Stiemsma 10-14 mins of energy and blocks by Feb-March or have raised his value to being VERY desired by others in a trade to get us such a big.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Rivers expects Melo to dominate

I agree, but I also hope to soon see Collins and/or Milicic.............let's see what they can do, too!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/

"I think he’ll be very good in the D-League, because there’s not a lot of bigs, so I’m expecting him to almost be dominant," said Rivers. "I don’t think he’ll see anyone his size, or very few guys. Stiemsma is in Minnesota, and Stiemsma was dominant [in the D-League] -- bigs are usually dominant down there."

Let's hope so, I really want to see Melo develop fast. This team has a small window of being a contender and is big man away from being very very good. Melo could either be a guy who gives us those Stiemsma 10-14 mins of energy and blocks by Feb-March or have raised his value to being VERY desired by others in a trade to get us such a big.

I think  this is the best thing for him. At first I thought he was ok to play like 6 minutes or so in case of emergency foul trouble and hold his own defensively as long as he wasnt asked to score but that wouldnt really allow him to develop. Atleast down there he should get minutes and just playing on a reg. basis and learning the game is gonna do wonders for him. He def. has the size you want. Needs to not move and look so goofy but I like his defensive prowess and his ablity to get boards n put backs. I think if he stays there all year he should be bought back for playoffs as a insurance defender

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

and lets no forget our sf also...unfortunately, there is no room for him, but he has skills..

Melo will progress rapidly, once he get regular playing time at least enough to be an insurance big..just has a nack for blocking shots. Its just that he tries to block all of them....I hope they have a good big man coach there for him..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

He needs to play.  Get Melo as many minutes as possible learning the pro game.  He looks to be a year or two from contributing, he needs the run. 

8. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts