Rivers goes small, Spurs go on a 9-0 run

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Rivers goes small, Spurs go on a 9-0 run

Where Doc and Ainge have been proven wrong is that Green is not an impact player.  Terry is an upgrade over Ray. He is not being utilized because Pierce is a ball hog during crunch time.  Lee looks like a very average player right now but who knows he may adjust.  

Green is the mystery. What did Doc and Ainge two smart guys no matter what you say here see in him even after the disappointment of Feb 2011.  Green looks like he needs to be on the Wizards and get playing time and stats.  He will never do it regularly here like the Celtics need.  Of course I hope I am wrong.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

It's so nice to read a thread like this, all decent opinions from different angles, no trolling or bickering. 

I keep believing they'll gel and if we could get our hands on Gortat, J-Smoove or Big Al, watch out!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Doc is too loyal to PP and it's hindering Green from really flourishing. The mins Green is getting aren't impact mins, they're mins to give PP rest. All of this is the wrong approach.

Like I said, move PP to SG and start Green at SF, leave Terry as the 6th man. When Terry comes in the game, PP should come out and then when Green comes out, PP should come in as a SF. Lee isn't making an impact at all. We need AB back ASAP.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to concord27's comment:

Where Doc and Ainge have been proven wrong is that Green is not an impact player.  Terry is an upgrade over Ray. He is not being utilized because Pierce is a ball hog during crunch time.  Lee looks like a very average player right now but who knows he may adjust.  

Green is the mystery. What did Doc and Ainge two smart guys no matter what you say here see in him even after the disappointment of Feb 2011.  Green looks like he needs to be on the Wizards and get playing time and stats.  He will never do it regularly here like the Celtics need.  Of course I hope I am wrong.

Green is a frustrating player because even when he was in college and I attended G'town games, he was always able to do more if and when he wanted to but never tried to take over.  He passes well, works the ball, stays within the offense but just never consistently had a "killer" instinct to take over like highly competitive guys do.  I'm sure Danny and Doc see the flashes and thought they could bring it out.

Can't agree with you on Terry, though.  No way Terry is better than Ray.  Even when Ray played on two bad ankles, he did more than Terry is doing now.  When he was healthy, he was the ONLY player playing well at the beginning of last season.  The guy shot a full 10 pecent better than Paul Pierce and took nearly as many 3 pointers (that includes the last 3rd of the season where he was injured).   He's bigger than Terry and even when injured and playing terrible, his D wasn't as bad as this year's shooting guards.  Ray was an awful defender and was still better than this year's guards who are horrendous.  I hope its just because Terry and Lee don't know the system but last year, guards didn't burn us as bad as this year so far.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Nice post. By playing small we made an allstar out of Splitter.

And Jeff Green has no heart. He plays like he is just collecting a paycheck.

I'M WILLING TO GIVE HIM THE BENEFIT OF THE DOUBT THAT IT IS A COACHING ISSUE, AS ARE MANY OF THE ISSUES THIS TEAM HAS FACED, INCLUDING ICING DARKO, A SUB STANDARD BUT STILL ABLE BODIED 7 FOOTER OUT OF THE ROTATION.

Players will play as if they "have no heart" if they cannot stand or cannot deal with the coach.  Doc has had a nice long run with the C's.  The way the C's have come out of the gate haphazardly this year tells me that they are not listening to his voice any more.

Green isn't even HALF of the player he was in OKC right now!!!!  This makes no sense to me

• You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Our defense has got progressively worse every year since Thibs left. Doc isn't the problem. The problem is Lee, Green, Wilcox and Bass are all marginal players and we're expecting them to be more than that.

but wait, i thought bass was "so athletic" and a "major upgrade" over davis?????

at least davis could fat asse around the biggest elitist 5's in the game when jerlame and shackneel o'neal were hurt and even when they were healthy. 

all the green and bass admirers are starting to turn.... 

i never admired either of them and thought bass should have been let go and green should have signed for $2-3 million on up to a max of $4M to test drive him post heart surgery.  instead $36M for 4 totally unknown years.

Doc's voice has expired with these players- they don't listen, they don't want to listen.  and Danny's idiotic moves combined with Doc's idiotic lack of use of Darko have doomed this team.  we now don't even have anyone who can play bang em up / rebound grabbin 5 on the roster.  and KG can't either.  Collins is a hacker, that's it

• You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Our defense has got progressively worse every year since Thibs left. Doc isn't the problem. The problem is Lee, Green, Wilcox and Bass are all marginal players and we're expecting them to be more than that.

but wait, i thought bass was "so athletic" and a "major upgrade" over davis?????

at least davis could fat asse around the biggest elitist 5's in the game when jerlame and shackneel o'neal were hurt and even when they were healthy. 

all the green and bass admirers are starting to turn.... 

i never admired either of them and thought bass should have been let go and green should have signed for $2-3 million on up to a max of $4M to test drive him post heart surgery.  instead $36M for 4 totally unknown years.

Doc's voice has expired with these players- they don't listen, they don't want to listen.  and Danny's idiotic moves combined with Doc's idiotic lack of use of Darko have doomed this team.  we now don't even have anyone who can play bang em up / rebound grabbin 5 on the roster.  and KG can't either.  Collins is a hacker, that's it

It isn't that anyone thinks that Bass is that good, it's that you thought Davis was way better than he was.  I admit Davis is boarding okay this year, but on O he is, and always will be a "me first" chucker that takes bad shots and can't make them.  43 percent shooting for a big is atrocious.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[/QUOTE]

No evidence that Doc's voice "expired" when the bulk of the players are NEW to the team and say they came because they love Doc and the team. The issue is the opposite - his voice, style, and demands are new to them and they don't yet get it.

I will say, however, that Doc's voice has no longer has any effect on Rondo. He does whatever he wants at both ends of the court.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[/QUOTE]

No evidence that Doc's voice "expired" when the bulk of the players are NEW to the team and say they came because they love Doc and the team. The issue is the opposite - his voice, style, and demands are new to them and they don't yet get it.

I will say, however, that Doc's voice has no longer has any effect on Rondo. He does whatever he wants at both ends of the court.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed... and its Rondo's team now.

Time for another voice or for Rondo to go.

Pud 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Agreed... and its Rondo's team now.

Time for another voice or for Rondo to go.

Pud 

• Is RG3 good or not???  Hail to the Redskins!!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Maybe we should change our name to the Boston Leprechauns.

Wilcox was a plus 6, and he only played 8 minutes.

We were outrebounded 41 to 25, and Rivers goes small.

Has he lost his mind?

I hear you Kirk, just dont know if there is a solution. I mean how can we keep from going small when we only have ONE true center on the team who is the 13th man(Collins) and really offers nothing. I think we are back to square 1 and need to trade one of these guards for a big before we tank. ONce Bradley gets healthy one has to go(Terry, Lee, Bradley) in favor of ANY body that can bang and play inside.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Maybe we should change our name to the Boston Leprechauns.

Wilcox was a plus 6, and he only played 8 minutes.

We were outrebounded 41 to 25, and Rivers goes small.

Has he lost his mind?

I hear you Kirk, just dont know if there is a solution. I mean how can we keep from going small when we only have ONE true center on the team who is the 13th man(Collins) and really offers nothing. I think we are back to square 1 and need to trade one of these guards for a big before we tank. ONce Bradley gets healthy one has to go(Terry, Lee, Bradley) in favor of ANY body that can bang and play inside.

We have three bigs....KG, Wilcox, and Collins.

One of them should be all the floor at all times.

I agree with this. Doc is gonna have to find a way for Collins to get 8-10 minutes so we have a real rotation. As long as Rondo doesnt  try to turn Collins into a scorer he should be fine. I recall him giving us some problems when he first got in the game w/Atlanta last year but that could just cement the fact that WE are so small/soft that Collins was doing work VS us but cant do it FOR us..

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Except Collings takes options away from Rondo...and the small lineups gives KG rest with the hopes of running on the other teams..

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:

Can't agree with you on Terry, though.  No way Terry is better than Ray.  Even when Ray played on two bad ankles, he did more than Terry is doing now.  When he was healthy, he was the ONLY player playing well at the beginning of last season.  The guy shot a full 10 pecent better than Paul Pierce and took nearly as many 3 pointers (that includes the last 3rd of the season where he was injured).   He's bigger than Terry and even when injured and playing terrible, his D wasn't as bad as this year's shooting guards.  Ray was an awful defender and was still better than this year's guards who are horrendous.  I hope its just because Terry and Lee don't know the system but last year, guards didn't burn us as bad as this year so far.

+1

Incredible how fast fast people forget. Allen was our best player at the beginning of last season. KG was old and Pierce fat in poeple eyes. The KG and Pierce came around and Allen was injured...boom: Allen is old and over the hill.

Even last year Allen was better then Terry AND Lee statistically. Terry was always a sixth man (a great one though) and Lee always a journeyman. Why should that change at the age of 35 and 27? Even a young Terry couldn't start at the 2 position cause he can't defend anyone.

By the way: Green has to work for a starting spot. He doesn't deserve to start at the 3 position at the moment. And Pierce is to old to start consistently at the 2 anyway. Green cannot play at the 4 and I doubt he has the lateral speed for a 2 guard. --> Green will remain on the bench until he proves he can take over Pierce's production at the 3.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Good points, Gasthoerer.

Also, look at this article.  Good reading about why our defense and rebounding are so bad.

http://nesn.com/2012/11/kevin-garnett-celtics-big-men-should-not-shoulder-all-blame-for-rebounding-defensive-struggles/

• Sections
    Shortcuts