1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: RIvers is killing the team by playing without a center

we got blown out because we couldn't make a shot in the 3rd

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

we suck this year because of worse rebounding than ever.  kg is a year older.  we let steamer go and milicic had a hope of replacing some of his role if not all of that and doc chose to ride him on the pine so that lesser rebounders and smaller players could come in and we'd get out-rebounded some more.

don't get me wrong, i'm not a big darko fan but his numbers speak for themselves.  give him 15 minutes and he'll clog the middle, block a shot and get 5 and 5 or better.  given that he would be playing SOME with KG, who is a better passer than most, darko could have stood to get some very easy looks.  i liked the interface b/t kg and undersized bigs powe and davis. 

why did doc choose to ignore darko on the roster this season once the regular season hit?  collins is one of the worst all time big men per minute rebounders a 6-11 body has ever seen

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

we suck this year because of worse rebounding than ever.  kg is a year older.  we let steamer go and milicic had a hope of replacing some of his role if not all of that and doc chose to ride him on the pine so that lesser rebounders and smaller players could come in and we'd get out-rebounded some more.

don't get me wrong, i'm not a big darko fan but his numbers speak for themselves.  give him 15 minutes and he'll clog the middle, block a shot and get 5 and 5 or better.  given that he would be playing SOME with KG, who is a better passer than most, darko could have stood to get some very easy looks.  i liked the interface b/t kg and undersized bigs powe and davis. 

why did doc choose to ignore darko on the roster this season once the regular season hit?  collins is one of the worst all time big men per minute rebounders a 6-11 body has ever seen

I agree to some point, but assuming that darko would give you 5-5 or better with 15 mpg is very optimistic. if he could I truly don't understand why he's never playing.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

We play the whole game without a center! KG and Wilcox play the center position, but they are not centers!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bt33. Show bt33's posts

while I don't think darko was (is) any kind of solution to the team's early woes, he was brought in for a reason and his complete lack of playing time (especially given the celts rebounding woes) has been something of a mystery. evidently doc didn't like what he saw in practice. if darko does leave the team would think they have to make a move to try to get another big man in here. collins is not gonna get it done. can't roll with both a set of challenged 4s - Bass (height); sullinger (experience/ jumping ability) and green (softness/strength) AND two power forwards playing center who have their own size/strength issues. you can make trade-offs with various combos and individual line-ups, but without 1 or 2 guys with size and strength to eat up some minutes and go against the few teams with legit big men they may have some real problems going forward. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Agree with acie.. Doc was praising Darko preseason ... sayin we just need a little from him basically, he was doing fine in his limitied role etc.. then he rots on the bench..

Doc keeps going small and we keep getting trucked on the boards.. not sure this is cause and effect.. just saying

Also, I understand Docs strategy of abandoning the offensive boards to get back on defense.. since we cant even take care of defensive rebounds, how much can we expect on the offensive boards anyway

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Just read on hoopshype that if Darko is waived, the C's will look at KMart.  Undersized, but needed for his rebounding.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I like the idea of looking at Gortat, but we need help NOW, and KMart is still out there.  How could it be any worse?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

In the first game against Miami, we played 17 minutes without a center.

In our last game against Detroit we played 8 minutes without a center.

We are getting beaten on the boards and inside, yet Rivers continues to let the Celtics play without a center.

When will he get it?

Ummm, I dont think we have a Center do we?  I hear what you are saying but J.Collins is a stiff and Darko well, he is on his way out. Back to square 1 and playing Wilcox at C and playing small ball. weve gone numerous years w/out having a presence and Doc seems to be fine with it so what are you gonna do. Its like he doesnt care about rebounds. Oh well...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Is Danny Fortson available??  I mean basically we just need a Big beefy guy to take up space. Wasnt Sweetney in camp this year? I am being totally serious. We can survice at this rate.  We are losing to inferior teams just because we lack size and are getting pushed around. K.G. is our Leader but he can only do so much at his age and his slim build. I fear KG will wear down again because he banging too much and thats not his game. Either play the Stiff J.Collins 12 min. a game and tell him to use his fouls and play physical in the paint or go get some Big Guy to eat some minutes there..Boy Varajeou would look very good here

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

"Bass is the problem. It's not because he's not good, he's just not starter material."

Maybe we should have kept Big Baby?  He is doing 15.2pts/8.5rpg with only about 3 minutes more in playing time and for a little less money per year.

Sections
Shortcuts