rivers leaving

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from j73401. Show j73401's posts

rivers leaving

espn.com has said that doc rivers is leaving at the end of the season. to watch his son play basketball,also said that it won't be more than  year,meaning he will go elsewhere,(miami)? who coaches an old team next?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from docomospur. Show docomospur's posts

Re: rivers leaving

It makes sense for Doc to try and turn Miami into the next dynasty, as the Celtics are pretty much done despite Danny's best efforts at trying to extend the run.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

This could be what is bothering everyone. They all re-signed to make a 2-3 year run and now Doc has stated he wants to take a year off.

If there is a lockout, KG could just walk away.

The way things are looking I'd be happy to get #18 and let the chips fall where they may.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: rivers leaving:
    This could be what is bothering everyone. They all re-signed to make a 2-3 year run and now Doc has stated he wants to take a year off. If there is a lockout, KG could just walk away. The way things are looking I'd be happy to get #18 and let the chips fall where they may.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Very generous of you to settle for so little.. just a championship? LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Everything that ESPN says is always true and works out just as they predict, right?     

Sure!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

The way things are looking I'd be happy to get #18 and let the chips fall where they may.

I will settle with that deal too....
       then re-boot the system.

no one is indispensible

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

I don't place tons of stock into ESPN, but this one has been around for some time now.  I think they're actually right here.  Doc gets one more post season with this team.  Hope they make it good.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

This could be what is bothering everyone. They all re-signed to make a 2-3 year run and now Doc has stated he wants to take a year off. If there is a lockout, KG could just walk away. The way things are looking I'd be happy to get #18 and let the chips fall where they may.
    Posted by BiasLewis

I agree that a lockout next season is a good possibility.  Just look what is happening in the NFL. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Don't blame the possibility of Doc leaving as the cause tothis team playing like crap.  this well may be it for Doc.  I dont know where he would and I really wouldnt give a dayum.  All I'm worried about is getting banner 18 this June!!!  Everything else doesn't even matter.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

What a crock. The Celts are on a slide right now, so now ESPN,one of the worst scources in all of sports reporting breaks the news the Doc is leaving and some of you buy into the story. Let's wait until the years end to see what Doc does.

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=46eb450ff7f8181179344972b05bf2a5&plckUserId=46eb450ff7f8181179344972b05bf2a5" target="_parent">CHEisCHE, I don't mean to pick on you but "no one is indispensible", well I agree no one is, but to try and replace one of the best coaches in the NBA will not be an easy task when and if Doc decides to retire whether it be this year or in ten years.

Hetchinspete

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I think it all depends how this season turns out.  If we don't win a championship, Doc could look back at all the injuries and tougher competition and say that is it.

I don't want him to leave but it is a likely outcome considering last year.

No 18 and Doc is sadly gone.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Prico. Show Prico's posts

Rats leave a sinking ship!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I believe Doc was out voted on the idea of trading Perk and he is being a good soldier and riding with the universal company line that every decision is "unanimous" once your outvoted, (if your a team player).

I believe he is going to do evrything possible to make the most of the hand he was dealt, but the cards are in greater control of the results than the card player.

And these are'nt the cards he would prefer to have IMO.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

No worries! I heard that Rick P wll be available and is interested in a return to Boston.

LOL!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

No worries! I heard that Rick P wll be available and is interested in a return to Boston. LOL!
    Posted by basketbert

Fans...Kendrick Perkins is not walkin' tru dat dowa....
    Doc Rivahs...is not walkin tru dat dowa....
    Tom Thibodoe.....

Sections
Shortcuts