Rivers offered extension by Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Rivers offered extension by Celtics

I hear you Ainge...get it done. Miami thinks they can sign Rivers but if Ainge can lock him up for another 2 years that would give the C's a chance to win #18 & #19. #20 would be pushing and asking a little much of this group. I could sleep well for the next 5-7 years if we can win 2 straight titles.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: Rivers offered extension by Celtics

Doc's last year coaching the Celtics. He will be gone. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Hope he stays.  He can help the transition and continue a message of how the Celtics team plays.  Even after he leaves, players like Green and Rondo will have learned a LOT from that many years of having Doc as a coach.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I dont like the timing.. Why offered it now...at least publicly?? 

Now if Doc doesnt take it, does it pour a little cold water on the team? Does it make the rumors of Doc coaching the Heat next year come alive again and become a bigger story heading into the playoffs??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Karl, I agree.

To do it publicly means that Danny has a public goal.

Possible goals:
    1. He knows that Doc will accept and it is positive thing.
    2. He wants to cover his own bottom, and wants Doc to be the goat if Doc moves on.
    3. He knows that Doc won't accept, creating more urgency for this years team.
    4. He wants everyone to put pressure on Doc.
    5. He knows that Doc will accept now, but he is concerned that he may change his mind if the Celtics falter in the play-offs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Jump,
    Well thought out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

yeah, nice analysis

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: Rivers offered extension by Celtics:
    [QUOTE]Karl, I agree. To do it publicly means that Danny has a public goal. Possible goals: 1. He knows that Doc will accept and it is positive thing. 2. He wants to cover his own bottom, and wants Doc to be the goat if Doc moves on. 3. He knows that Doc won't accept, creating more urgency for this years team. 4. He wants everyone to put pressure on Doc. 5. He knows that Doc will accept now, but he is concerned that he may change his mind if the Celtics falter in the play-offs.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime[/QUOTE]

Yep, EXACTLY!!

If the C's win it, he'll come back to defend it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Can't wait for Danny to draft one of his sons...now that would be special...

Sections
Shortcuts