1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

Rivers signing 5 year extension!!

On ESPN now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from noncallcity. Show noncallcity's posts

Re: Rivers signing 5 year extension!!

I love Doc.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

This is good stuff.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Makes total sense now because Austin is probably one and done at Duke, so he told his Dad to just stay in the NBA.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mchampion. Show Mchampion's posts

Good start but there is alot of work to do with this team.  Let see what DA was planned after his Perkins trade went sour.  Not sure why he didnt just let things play out.  Green and Kristic are nothing special. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

In Response to Re: Rivers signing 5 year extension!!:
    [QUOTE]Makes total sense now because Austin is probably one and done at Duke, so he told his Dad to just stay in the NBA.
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]

This is the only thing that makes sense about this deal.  $7 mil a year to support your family and your kid is not sticking around anyhow.  Makes sense to me, but now to make myself feel better... Danny has big plans!!! Howard?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Good start but there is alot of work to do with this team.  Let see what DA was planned after his Perkins trade went sour.  Not sure why he didnt just let things play out.  Green and Kristic are nothing special. 
    Posted by Mchampion[/QUOTE]

Perk was special.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]Makes total sense now because Austin is probably one and done at Duke, so he told his Dad to just stay in the NBA.
    Posted by wfdog[/QUOTE]

I'll bet all the teams picking before the Celtics won't draft him even if they want to out of consideration for the Celtics.  Or maybe there is a special NBA rule that coaches have exclusive rights to their sons. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

[QUOTE]The good news is that Rick Pitino won't be walking thru that door anytime soon...
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

Ha-ha!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

[QUOTE]The good news is that Rick Pitino won't be walking thru that door anytime soon...

but unfortuneately Doc will...

I was really hoping for a coaching change.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Louisio. Show Louisio's posts

Wow. I totally expected the board to be mostly negative on this news -- but I'm glad to see it's not. Doc's one of the elite NBA coaches at this pont, and hopefully that translates into guys wanting to play for Boston.

Continuity is an underrated thing in my view -- GREAT move by the Celtics. (But yeah, Doc, you gotta start playing the behch more!).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonlova9. Show bostonlova9's posts

GREAT NEWS!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from aznefn. Show aznefn's posts

[QUOTE]Wow. I totally expected the board to be mostly negative on this news -- but I'm glad to see it's not. Doc's one of the elite NBA coaches at this pont, and hopefully that translates into guys wanting to play for Boston. Continuity is an underrated thing in my view -- GREAT move by the Celtics. (But yeah, Doc, you gotta start playing the behch more!).
    Posted by Louisio[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from aznefn. Show aznefn's posts

in Response to Re: Rivers signing 5 year extension!!:
    [QUOTE]Wow. I totally expected the board to be mostly negative on this news -- but I'm glad to see it's not. Doc's one of the elite NBA coaches at this pont, and hopefully that translates into guys wanting to play for Boston. Continuity is an underrated thing in my view -- GREAT move by the Celtics. (But yeah, Doc, you gotta start playing the behch more!).
    Posted by Louisio[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tony46. Show Tony46's posts

This is grrrreat!!! With Doc on board, things will not look as bleak this off-season.
    Doc knows the players, and everything connected with the team, so he knows what
    the team really needs. At first I didn't think he would be back, then when I heard
    that he was in for an extension, I hoped for 1 year max, but this is even better.
    Doc is a quality guy, and I think you'll see that this will be one of Danny's best
    "moves" this season..............

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

35 million for 5 years! That's Phil Jackson kind of money, and he ain't no Phil Jackson. Coulda used that dough for a top player. The Celtics are a messed up deluded franchise, giving away their starting center and and gambling on the Big Fat Flop. And now this.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]35 million for 5 years! That's Phil Jackson kind of money, and he ain't no Phil Jackson. Coulda used that dough for a top player. The Celtics are a messed up deluded franchise, giving away their starting center and and gambling on the Big Fat Flop. And now this.
    Posted by lakersavenger[/QUOTE]

Coach's salaries do not count toward the cap.... do you know anything?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rivers signing 5 year extension!! : Coach's salaries do not count toward the cap.... do you know anything?
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

What does that have to do with anything? Money is money. If you pay 35 million for a coach or use it to exceed the cap with penalties, it's still money out of the owners pocket. Understand genius? Next time think it through before you open your rude mouth.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rivers signing 5 year extension!! : Coach's salaries do not count toward the cap.... do you know anything?
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

He knows how his team quit and knows the Super Coach Jackson coulnt do anything about it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]35 million for 5 years! That's Phil Jackson kind of money, and he ain't no Phil Jackson. Coulda used that dough for a top player. The Celtics are a messed up deluded franchise, giving away their starting center and and gambling on the Big Fat Flop. And now this.
    Posted by lakersavenger[/QUOTE]Ummm, it is $7M a year not $11M a year, which was Phil Jackson money.

And BTW back in 2004 the LA Lakers signed Rudy Tomjanovich to a 5 year - $30M salary.

Sections
Shortcuts