Rivers to the Clippers for draft picks?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Re: Rivers to the Clippers for draft picks?

In response to wfdog's comment:

PP & KG for Jordan, Bledsoe, Butler, Crawford and Clipps only okay deal with condition of getting to talk to Doc and C's letting him out of his contract?

How about KG for Jordan and Bledsoe and a first rounder, and we release Pierce and Rivers to sign with the Clippers.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I would gladly let Doc go for Bledsoe and a non-protected first round pick.  Hopefully Paul bolts this summer making LA a potential lottery team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

I would gladly let Doc go for Bledsoe and a non-protected first round pick.  Hopefully Paul bolts this summer making LA a potential lottery team.

Doc for Bledsoe is a steal for the C's... Great trade if we can make it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Use the word "compensation" instead of "trade", please.  The semantic police are out in force on this thread and I don't want to see the same comment posted regarding the difference between trade and compensation that's already been posted like 3 times.  But, yes, I whole-heartedly agree with you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Use the word "compensation" instead of "trade", please.  The semantic police are out in force on this thread and I don't want to see the same comment posted regarding the difference between trade and compensation that's already been posted like 3 times.  But, yes, I whole-heartedly agree with you.

How about "swap" instead?

Everybody can agree on what that means.

Problem solved.... fungus.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

A steal? Don't get me wrong i'd be glad if Bledsoe would be a star in Celtics' uniform but what makes you think that Bledsoe is any good? And if he's not a star then Doc for a role player is not a steal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to SeemsToMe's comment:

Fierce

Stick to the issue. My question has nothing to do with whether a deal is legal or not or if a trade for a coach has ever been made.

Seems

Like I said, no coach has ever been traded in the NBA.

Let's get back to basics. The definition of a trade is not similar to the definition of compensation.

In a trade, two parties agree to swapping items, goods, or players. It's different when you get compensation because, in this case, it's the Clippers or any other team would have to convince Doc to leave the Celtics. But if the Celtics deny other teams to talk to Rivers then nothing happens.

You can never say a coach can be traded because NBA coaches simply cannot be traded.

Again, in a trade there are rules.

When you talk about getting compensation, there are no rules.

For example, salaries don't have to match when you give compensation. But in a trade, there are rules to be followed regarding player salaries. 

Fierce

Quoting you "when you talk about getting compensation,there are no rules.

Wouldn't a team having to release a coach from his contract be a rule?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Fields4's comment:

A steal? Don't get me wrong i'd be glad if Bledsoe would be a star in Celtics' uniform but what makes you think that Bledsoe is any good? And if he's not a star then Doc for a role player is not a steal.

[/QUOTE]What makes you think doc will be any good?

Bledsoe for an unhappy coach who doesn't want to be in Beantown IS a steal.

Pud

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to SeemsToMe's comment:

Fierce

Quoting you "when you talk about getting compensation,there are no rules.

Wouldn't a team having to release a coach from his contract be a rule?

No.

The reason why the team would release the coach is because the team has no choice. Right now the Celts are not allowing any teams to talk to Doc. So if Doc refuses to coach the Celts, he can't coach another team.

Of course the team would have to release the coach from his contract. If they don't then the coach will still get paid by his former team because they still have a contract. Releasing a coach from his contract is not a rule, it's just common sense. I mean why would you not release someone from a contract if you don't want to pay him anymore.

LOL  what a screwball

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Hey dumbbell,.. the question isnt what coach has already been traded, its can you trade a coach in the nba... The answer is YES..

Now run along and cry to mommy. You dont know what youre talking about once again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

The reason why the team would release the coach is because the team has no choice. Right now the Celts are not allowing any teams to talk to Doc. So if Doc refuses to coach the Celts, he can't coach another team.

Of course the team would have to release the coach from his contract. If they don't then the coach will still get paid by his former team because they still have a contract. Releasing a coach from his contract is not a rule, it's just common sense. I mean why would you not release someone from a contract if you don't want to pay him anymore.

[/QUOTE]

FUNGUS:The team can hold the coach to the contract and if he refuses to perform as the contract requires, then the coach, like any employee has serious legal problems. The team is not required to release a coach from the contract simply because a coach is non-performing.

Why would you not release someone from a contract for non-performance? Because you still want their services and are entitled to their services.

That's the essence of a contract. Just because one party is dissatisfied with a contract doesn't necessitate that the contract be torn up. That's not common sense by any sretch.

If non-performance causes damage, the damaged party can sue. The notion that the damaged party has to continue to live up to their end of the contract while seeking redress is B.S.

Pud

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Hey dumbbell,.. the question isnt what coach has already been traded, its can you trade a coach in the nba... The answer is YES..

Now run along and cry to mommy. You dont know what youre talking about once again.

I can't believe you're now even dumber than a simpleton.

If it hasn't happened before, obviously it can't be done!

Show me the NBA rules regarding trading coaches. If a coach can be traded, obviously there will be rules regarding how it should be done.

Can you show us, Karl?

Or are you just going to run away from the subject again when you get backed into a corner, like you always do?

Since you're the one who started insisting coaches cant be traded, why dont you show us the rule that says they cant??? You cant do it, loser!!

A coach can be traded and thats the bottom line. If you can prove differently, then do it. Otherwise s...t....*...u...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I can't believe you're now even dumber than a simpleton.

If it hasn't happened before, obviously it can't be done!

Show me the NBA rules regarding trading coaches. If a coach can be traded, obviously there will be rules regarding how it should be done.

Can you show us, Karl?

Or are you just going to run away from the subject again when you get backed into a corner, like you always do?

Really??? So prior to Wilt scoring 100 points your logic says it couldnt be done. Using your misguided, flawed and ignorant logic, the Mavs couldnt have won the title 2 years ago cause its never been done beofre.

Do you see just how stupid you really are?

19. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts