Rivers- We are not in shape?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Rivers- We are not in shape?

How can you coach a professional team and 25% of the way thru the season say your teams not in shape?  Unbelievable.  If I am not mistake he just gave the guys two days off after playing a game.  Against the Spurs he said he liked our pace but couldn't keep it up, but SA could.  

Who's fault is the above problem?   I don't think half the team knows how many minutes they are going to get a game.  He just now starting to make reference to players not staying in front of their counterparts,  letting them drive right past them?   Hello,  anyone home?   This has been going on every game.  Only difference is we have played better in some games and won anyway.  

We can't rebound and yet the only guy that can sits the bench for all but 10-15 minutes a game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Rivers- We are not in shape?

Thats a reflection on Doc... he had entire training camp to get his guys in shape... or did he just realize it now? Pretty scary for such an elite coach (allegedly)

Looked to me guys weren't hustling back on defense.. .. the announcers even pointed it out once. So why doesnt Doc take those guys out for a breather if they're so out of shape or sit them on the bench for dogging it?

We have young guys who need the minutes.. we go thru this every year, they rot on the bench or get limited mins...then when the C's have their inevitable injury fest, most of these guys need 20 games to get into the groove.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thats a reflection on Doc... he had entire training camp to get his guys in shape... or did he just realize it now? Pretty scary for such an elite coach (allegedly)

Looked to me guys weren't hustling back on defense.. .. the announcers even pointed it out once. So why doesnt Doc take those guys out for a breather if they're so out of shape or sit them on the bench for dogging it?

We have young guys who need the minutes.. we go thru this every year, they rot on the bench or get limited mins...then when the C's have their inevitable injury fest, most of these guys need 20 games to get into the groove.

I know there will be some argument for what I am about to say but here goes.  Doc usually doesn't play a player until he is forced to.  The low and behold sometimes we find out that guy can actually play.  Seen it happen too many times in the past.  I still remember us losing with Raef Lafrentz over and over, and we had young players sitting on the bench not getting much playing time.

Now I will say Doc has some good attributes.  Yes he is a good coach but he does have flaws and he doesn't appear to want to adapt to what is going on. Popovich has adapted.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Odd comment by Doc.  Don't know if he's trying to light a fire under the players' collective behind, but coming after the this  team  is  "soft" comment, that might be it.

Unfortunately, this team has deficiencies that can't be met by challenging  them to do better.

AB & a big, and then we'll  see.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Odd comment by Doc.  Don't know if he's trying to light a fire under the players' collective behind, but coming after the this  team  is  "soft" comment, that might be it.

Unfortunately, this team has deficiencies that can't be met by challenging  them to do better.

AB & a big, and then we'll  see.

[/QUOTE]

Yes but will we get a big of some ability?  We have little to offer if Green and Bradley are untouchable.  We are all under the assumption that Gortat is coming for Melo, Bass or Lee.  Who knows what the Suns are thinking or will be offered.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I think this is BS. Doc has run out of motivating tactics and he always puts it on the players. Doc how about changing the rotation some. How about giving JG major minutes and PP less minutes. How about playing a bigger lineup at times. Does KG always have to play the 4 now?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

As a basketball coach if your team is not "in shape" this problem falls completely on the head coach! 

As much as I like Doc Rivers, if his team is not in shape, he should be completely embarrassed by this admission and needs to do something to make a difference in their conditioning levels.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Its Rondo and PP...They are not playing at the level they could..at both sides of the court...they may be just going through the motions at this stage..Especially PP...or is he just old??Rondi is young, there are no excuses...His d is horrible...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to charliedarling's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As a basketball coach if your team is not "in shape" this problem falls completely on the head coach! 

As much as I like Doc Rivers, if his team is not in shape, he should be completely embarrassed by this admission and needs to do something to make a difference in their conditioning levels.

[/QUOTE]

Like what, run suicide sprints at halftime?

Players making fortunes should report to camp in great shape and if some are not, coach has to get them in shape.  Teams have conditioning  coaches, strength coaches etc etc etc
    .. theres no excuse.  Most coaches dont allow players on the court that arent ready..

I agree that Doc's statement is an embarrassment to himself.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How can you coach a professional team and 25% of the way thru the season say your teams not in shape?  Unbelievable.  If I am not mistake he just gave the guys two days off after playing a game.  Against the Spurs he said he liked our pace but couldn't keep it up, but SA could.  

Who's fault is the above problem?   I don't think half the team knows how many minutes they are going to get a game.  He just now starting to make reference to players not staying in front of their counterparts,  letting them drive right past them?   Hello,  anyone home?   This has been going on every game.  Only difference is we have played better in some games and won anyway.  

We can't rebound and yet the only guy that can sits the bench for all but 10-15 minutes a game.

[/QUOTE]  You're starting to catch on!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]  You're starting to catch on!!

[/QUOTE]

Thing think?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Doc didn't say the team was not in shape....he was referring to the need to "shape up"....meaning to get into a rhythm.....to establish a game plan and work to perfect it....to get into the flow.....he didn't say the guys were out of shape at all......at least that's the way I perceived his comments.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think Doc wanted to run the C's hard today for two reason, 1) to show his displeasure in their perfromance. 2) to test AB during his first practice of the season.  

With the above stated, I do not understand why Doc simply did not state that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

maybe doc is trying to get himself terminated out of the last 4 years of his contract- and wouldn't that be a merciful thing. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

1) not in shape

2) inadequate hustle

3) very limited heart

4) crucial players remain over burdened- kg & rondo

5) rondo remains a LOUSY 1 on 1 defender

6) rondo remains a TERRIBLE free throw shooter

7) rondo remains, in his 7th year in the league, a trick or treat player on offense- every 10th game he'll show up with a purpose on the offensive end and lead the team- an old team that needs all the points it can get and what does it get?  a generally passive rondo on offense

8) bass regresses dramatically from his performance last year, which was flat out unacceptable re: individual defense, rebounds per minute

yeah, this is a crisply coached squad with a lineup assembled by a dolt in the front office

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Worse thing that happened was letting Tibs go... we should have guaranteed him the head coaching job when Docs contract ran out. I doubt Tibs would let Rondo get away with the things he does and this team would be much tighter defensively.

Tibs may have also had better influence with personell ... Danny seems like a loose cannon to me. Trading Perk in itself wasnt a bad move (tho backfired cause Shaq went down) but it did snap that "umbuntu" feeling the core had... he shopped around Ray and Rondo making them nervous wrecks too.  We've been a revolving door with players for a few years now. Look how many have come and gone, including draft picks.

We have the wrong guys running the show at this point in time  imo.

Hey Larry, give it one last shot as head coach in Boston. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If this current Celts team plays well after the All-Star break, those who doubted Doc Rivers will once again eat crow. Just like the guys, you know who you are, that said fire Doc in 2010.

That 2009-10 season was really amazing. Some here wanted Doc fired then the Celts made it to the Finals. Ugh! 

[/QUOTE]
    What are you saying, when the team plays poorly (like now), dont criticize Doc?

and when the team plays well, give the credit to Doc?

Nice job, where do I sign up???

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Karllost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What are you saying, when the team plays poorly (like now), dont criticize Doc?

and when the team plays well, give the credit to Doc?

Nice job, where do I sign up???

[/QUOTE]

Are you part of the group that wants Doc fired?

If you don't want Doc fired then why are you reacting?

[/QUOTE]

Nice of you to tap dance away from my last post.

Talk about reacting, is there even one thread on this forum you dont react to?

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.