Robin Lopez

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

Robin Lopez

Trade DeJuan Johnson and J. O'neal for R. Lopez and H Warrick

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

Re: Robin Lopez

In Response to Robin Lopez:
    [QUOTE]Trade G. Stiemsma, S. Pavlovic and 1st round pick for R. Lopez.
    Posted by franquazi[/QUOTE]

The guy is a legitime 7th footer with talent and very young. In the right situation he can be better than Perkins.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Haven't seen anything to prove he is more than a backup Center. His length makes him more ideal than Wilcox.

I'd trade Wilcox and a 1st rd pick for him, he only makes 2 million, no way we should do the Warrick/JO swap as well. If all we're going to do is tweak the bench for a playoff run that ends in rd 2 thats a decent move. He'd be a restricted free agent so he'd count only 4m on our cap and leave us with max money still.

C - JO (20 mins), Lopez (20) KG (8)
    PF - Bass (24), KG (24)
    SF - Pierce (36), Pietrus (12)
    SG - Ray (32) Pietrus (12) Avery (4)
    PG - Rondo (40) Dooling (8)

Good enough to be out in game 5 of round 2 again

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

and it JaJuan, not DeJuan

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Rondo and Daniels for Nash and Lopez works!!!

This is a recording!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Robin Lopez:
    [QUOTE]Trade DeJuan Johnson and J. O'neal for R. Lopez and H Warrick
    Posted by franquazi[/QUOTE]

There are no trades or combination of trades that will put players on the roster that will be involved in winning the next title... there are no players on this roster that will ever win another title unless it is for another team and bringing in bit players that will prolong the mediocrity is a bad decision.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Robin Lopez is not as good as JJJ.  If you know basketball you can see this. Lopez is a journeyman at best.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from franquazi. Show franquazi's posts

n Response to Re: Robin Lopez:
    [QUOTE]Robin Lopez is not as good as JJJ.  If you know basketball you can see this. Lopez is a journeyman at best.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Did you saw him 2 yrs ago in the playoffs?? Robin López has the same talent like his brother Brook. He has to be very uncomfortable with his role with the suns right now.. Trade Stiemsma and Moore for him.

Lopez
    Garnett
    Pierce
    Allen
    Rondo

O'neal/Wilcox
    Bass
    Pietrus
    Daniels
    Dooling/Bradley

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Robin Lopez is averaging 4.3 ppg and 3.1 rpg.  He DOES NOT have the same talent as his brother Brook or he would be the starting center in Phoenix.  JON's averages are better than his AND JON will take a charge or two.  Lopez will do nothing to improve this team.  He's not a particularly skilled offensive player and he is not a rebounder.  Why obtain him when we already have Wilcox (same type of player)?  It would be a waste to obtain him.

We are NOT getting Gasol because we have nothing LA wants in a trade.  LA doesn't want Rondo because if they did, they'd have him by now.  We are NOT getting Kaman because we have nothing NOH wants in a trade.  And IF Kaman gets bought out, he most definitely won't come to Boston.  Why would he?

Many on this board THINK this team is a center away from contending.  WE ARE NOT.  A center won't give PP lift or make his shot fall.  A center won't all of a sudden make RA's perimeter shot consistent again.  Nobody will walk through that door who is 7' tall and will provide 14 ppg and 11 rpg.  Aint goin' to happen so let's abandon that idea.

This team is a mess and there are not many options available to it right now.  We may just have to ride this season out because we most likely WILL NOT be able to obtain a difference-maker because we don't have any pieces to package to get one.

I am a die-hard Celtics fan but I'm also a realistic one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Are you crazy???  Warrick have been a back up players for years!!!  JJ is just a rookie.  Give him more time to develop!!!  If you want to make a trade, give away Bass or JO or Bradley or Drooling.  Not Moore or JJ.

Since Moore went down this week, Bradley and Drooling have been doing an awful job as a back up PG.  Not sure what is wrong with Bradley.  I had a bit of high hope for that guy four weeks ago, and he seem that he just came out right from a high school.  

Some of these posters are right that one trade will not make the team any better or win the NBA title.  They are pretty far away from winning the title. Best way is to keep the team the way it is.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Robin Lopez is not nearly as good as Wilcox.  Why give anyone of potential value for him?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Re: Robin Lopez:
    [QUOTE]Robin Lopez is averaging 4.3 ppg and 3.1 rpg.  He DOES NOT have the same talent as his brother Brook or he would be the starting center in Phoenix.  JON's averages are better than his AND JON will take a charge or two.  Lopez will do nothing to improve this team.  He's not a particularly skilled offensive player and he is not a rebounder.  Why obtain him when we already have Wilcox (same type of player)?  It would be a waste to obtain him. We are NOT getting Gasol because we have nothing LA wants in a trade.  LA doesn't want Rondo because if they did, they'd have him by now.  We are NOT getting Kaman because we have nothing NOH wants in a trade.  And IF Kaman gets bought out, he most definitely won't come to Boston.  Why would he? Many on this board THINK this team is a center away from contending.  WE ARE NOT.  A center won't give PP lift or make his shot fall.  A center won't all of a sudden make RA's perimeter shot consistent again.  Nobody will walk through that door who is 7' tall and will provide 14 ppg and 11 rpg.  Aint goin' to happen so let's abandon that idea. This team is a mess and there are not many options available to it right now.  We may just have to ride this season out because we most likely WILL NOT be able to obtain a difference-maker because we don't have any pieces to package to get one. I am a die-hard Celtics fan but I'm also a realistic one.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

You are so correct !!! The fairy is not going to wave the magic wand if we get a 7 footer and make us win the championship. If Jeff Green were not hurt, maybe ???
    But the real issue is that KG, Ray Allen & PP are all past their prime. I sure wish we had won that 7th game vs the hated Lakers 3 years ago. Ray & PP having lost a step or two can't get open as before so they are less consistent & have good nights & bad ones. KG, taller, can shoot over defenders as opposed to Ray & PP but he's not a banger under the basket & prefers to play PF and not Center so does not put up many rebounds.

Anyway, I do not wish to be the prophet of doom but I believe your analysis of our team even with a new 7 footer is right on !!!

Regarding being a Celtic fan, although 45 years in SF Bay area, I'm a septuagenarian so go back to Cousy days !!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

mandobello, thanks alot.  Wow, back to the Cousy days?  Kudos to you.

Fierce, the Celtics won't be getting any All Star caliber 7-footers to walk through that door so we can scrap that idea.

Since we won't be able to make a difference-making trade, there is no reason to make ANY trade.  This is the Celtics roster for the balance of the season.

Realistically speaking, this is not even a playoff team (based on court performance, not past potential of several players).

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

I think Robin Lopez has been under-utilized in PHO and needs a change of scenery.  I would take him, at his salary, in a heartbeat over JON for the rest of the year.  Is he the future?  Who knows?  But he is a very good option for the present!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Robin Lopez : We'll see, Pete. Just like last night's game when there was one poster who said Ray Allen had compromising pictures of Doc Rivers. Then Ray suddenly erupted for 3 straight 3-pointers. Ha Ha Danny Ainge is full of surprises. You'll see.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]
    Fierce, and just what did Ray's torrid 2 minutes of shooting the lights out hitting 3 straight 3-pointers provide?  That's what I thought, NOTHING!  Even with that, AGAIN, whole 2 minutes of a torrid RA, he overall "sucked"!

If we've gotten to the point where we consider Ray "erupting for 3 straight 3-pointers" as something special or significant to the success of this team, then we are seriously in trouble and we're not seeing the forest from the trees.

Ray hit 3 shots and then disappeared like he's done for the past couple weeks just like PP.  Honestly, that is what we need to accept from Ray and not much more.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Robin Lopez : Come on, Ray is the greatest shooter in NBA history! The Clips want a SG because JR Smith just signed with NY. Maybe Ray for Mo Williams and Rondo and JO for Pau Gasol will make you happy. F - P.Gasol F - KG SF - Pierce SG - Pietrus PG - Mo Williams
    That WOULD make me happy.

However, I'd have to weight that against the merits of not having as much salary cap flexibility anymore.  Since, I'd really be looking to possibly sign Jeff Green and some of our current expiring contracts, I would want to make sure I had some flexibility.  Mo has an $8.5M "player option" that he could exercise and we would then be back to having very little flexibility.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Robin Lopez : We can still sign Jeff Green, but not for 9m per year.

We really miss him this year.  I think of this team with Green and Krstic on it..........and I wonder how good we could have been!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

What did we see from Green last year that makes everone thinks he would be the savior this season?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]What did we see from Green last year that makes everone thinks he would be the savior this season?
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

Not a savior, just about 10 more points of bench production, and PP getting some rest.  You don't think that in the first 3 games we played this year (all losses), when PP was out, that Green would have helped?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Green admitted on a local (Washington, DC) sports talk show that he came into Boston somewhat intimidated by the Big 3.  He did not want to step on anyone's toes and sought to "fit in" instead of coming in with a swagger and confidence that he was going to take over when he got on the court.

Doc stresses team and making that extra pass and Green admitted to being a little gun shy.  If that is true, I believe he would have come in this season with more of a green light to do what he does best regardless of who is on the court.

He is a very good, solid player and he would have helped the Celtics more than any bench player on the roster.  It would have really been interesting to see Rondo, Bass, Green, Wilcox and maybe Pietrus on the court together.  Hopefully we'll get that chance next season.

He is truly worth having back here next season.