Rockets looking to unload Robinson to take shot at Howard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Rockets looking to unload Robinson to take shot at Howard

Can we help them out???

Young Athletic PF ...we need this kind of player...

I know we have Sully, but Robinson runs the floor very well...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--houston-rockets-trying-to-trade-thomas-robinson-to-free-up-cap-space-for-run-at-dwight-howard-215915027.html

http://youtubebroadcastyourself.net/?a=search&q=thomas+robinson

He makes 3.5 mil...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Rockets looking to unload Robinson to take shot at Howard

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

Can we help them out???

Young Athletic PF ...we need this kind of player...

I know we have Sully, but Robinson runs the floor very well...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--houston-rockets-trying-to-trade-thomas-robinson-to-free-up-cap-space-for-run-at-dwight-howard-215915027.html

http://youtubebroadcastyourself.net/?a=search&q=thomas+robinson

He makes 3.5 mil...

I would take a chance on this guy! I really liked his game anf KU!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

I wonder if Robinson is  better than anyone at pick 16?

Pick 16 and T. Williiams non-guaranteed one year contract (and his guns) for Robinson?

I wouldn;t do it looking at his numbers form his rookie year, but his potential coming out of last years draft was pretty high.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

it all depends on what our need at the 4 is, which depends on what we do with KG and bass.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The Rockets have like 34-35 million in salary commitments next year, it is enough to sign Howard and his best buddy Josh Smith to big deals, if both took a little less than the max. For Smith this would be like 4 years 44 million and for Howard 4 years 56 million.

The tax situation there would make these practically a max deal for Smith and definitely a max deal for Howard, he'd get more in the end in that deal then if he signed with any team other than LA, Dallas or Orlando.

Howard - Thomas - Smoove - Beard - Lin would be a contending lineup. The bench would be Terrance Jones - Dontas Motiajunas - pick #21 and whatever they can get for Asik in a trade (not banking on Royce White ever playing).

Moving T Rob makes little sense. If they were trying to get CP3 to come play with Howard and both guys wanted max deals they would have to be getting rid of Lin and Asik first. Those trades could easily be made, althought the poison pill 14.8m they are each owed in 2015 would seriously worry some tax teams. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Robinson has proven very clearly that he is not an NBA caliber player.  Whether its his deteriorating skills, inability to improve, conditioning, his commitment, his drive, his intelligence, or bad chemistry - or likely some combination... if Sacto let him go that quickly after drafting him #5, its not a good sign.  And for Houston to dump him at only $3.5M it tells you that Robinson, like some other high first round picks regardless of college performance - are just NBA busts.

I keep my #16 pick for someone that, at worst case, will be as good as Robinson.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

The Rockets have like 34-35 million in salary commitments next year, it is enough to sign Howard and his best buddy Josh Smith to big deals, if both took a little less than the max. For Smith this would be like 4 years 44 million and for Howard 4 years 56 million.

The tax situation there would make these practically a max deal for Smith and definitely a max deal for Howard, he'd get more in the end in that deal then if he signed with any team other than LA, Dallas or Orlando.

Howard - Thomas - Smoove - Beard - Lin would be a contending lineup. The bench would be Terrance Jones - Dontas Motiajunas - pick #21 and whatever they can get for Asik in a trade (not banking on Royce White ever playing).

Moving T Rob makes little sense. If they were trying to get CP3 to come play with Howard and both guys wanted max deals they would have to be getting rid of Lin and Asik first. Those trades could easily be made, althought the poison pill 14.8m they are each owed in 2015 would seriously worry some tax teams. 

IF that scenario were to play out...................would you trade Bass for Asik? 

Asik - almost 26 mill for 3 years..........Bass  18 - makes sense for HOU to get a good backup for Smith and Thomas..........makes sense for BOS because for the one big hit year we only have 45 mill committed to salaries ( assuming we trade Bass) and we don't know yet about KG, PP or Rondo in 2014/2015.

I think it's worth considering!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I'd trade Bass for Asik in a heartbeat.

This is the scenario where the Rockets get Howard and Smith though. They would need a backup 5 and PG.

I forgot about Parsons, he's their 2-3 wing.

Robinson and maybe White are PF's. Smith is a combo-forward. So I see them getting something better and needing something different than Bass. We don't have spare bigs except for Melo.

In a situation where they go after those 2 guys AND Chris Paul, they'd need to dump Lin and Asik for draft picks on teams with cap space, not more contracts. Bass makes more than Asik next season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Robinson has proven very clearly that he is not an NBA caliber player.  Whether its his deteriorating skills, inability to improve, conditioning, his commitment, his drive, his intelligence, or bad chemistry - or likely some combination... if Sacto let him go that quickly after drafting him #5, its not a good sign.  And for Houston to dump him at only $3.5M it tells you that Robinson, like some other high first round picks regardless of college performance - are just NBA busts.

I keep my #16 pick for someone that, at worst case, will be as good as Robinson.

One rookie year may make  it clear that a player is not nba ready..but not a confrimation that he is a total bust..He has shows flashes of brilliant play.

Most players take a few years to develop...I would take a shot with the #16 th pick...to me thats a bigger gamble...

Rondo barely played his rookie year..

AB was a shell of the player he is today...

Green is much better than just a few years ago...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

In response to Eldunker's comment:

One rookie year may make  it clear that a player is not nba ready..but not a confrimation that he is a total bust..He has shows flashes of brilliant play.

Most players take a few years to develop...I would take a shot with the #16 th pick...to me thats a bigger gamble...

Rondo barely played his rookie year..

AB was a shell of the player he is today...

Green is much better than just a few years ago...

True... if this was a SG like Lamb or Terrence Ross or a C like Zeller, Moultrie or Ezeli or  I trade 16 for him. Those are positions we need.

But we have Sully at PF

The point is moot anyhow b/c the Rockets would want to trade him to a team who can absorb his salry, not one that has to give them back 2+ million worth of a player(s)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

http://lakeshowlife.com/2013/06/01/lakers-must-push-for-trade-of-dwight-howard-to-mitigate-loss/ 

Looks like La La land is in desperate mode...

Sections
Shortcuts