Rockets pass on Dalambert

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Rockets pass on Dalambert

Yes, I know, vet min!!

Yes, I get that, we only have the vet min!!

But if NO ONE signs this guy, why not go get him for this year, and tell him we'll KEEP HIM next year, to team with Rondo, (hopefully) Green and one other FA!!

Just a thought!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Rockets pass on Dalambert

Russ,
    I am sure they are trying that, if it is possible.  After what has happened during this chaotic period I think we can assume Danny did all you are mentioning and more.  Unfortunately without much in the way of results.  Something tells me if Dalembert decides to take vet min we will see quite a line in front of us.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

It surprises me still that people doubt Danny is doing all he can.  Danny will be pursuing anyone that makes us better

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Stinks we couldn't have gotten him for the 3m over Wilcox

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

It is the players market for big men, they are all going expensive. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Battier settled for 3m

Dalembert doesn't have a contract yet so we don't know if he'd be forced to go that low or has already tunred donw several full MLE deals

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Rockets pass on Dalambert:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rockets pass on Dalambert : Battier is not an above average 7-footer.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Correct....and even average 7 footers get above average money these days.  Simple law of supply and demand, huh?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]It surprises me still that people doubt Danny is doing all he can.  Danny will be pursuing anyone that makes us better
    Posted by BoylestonBB[/QUOTE]

Is not that we doubt Danny is trying to do all he can, its that his results stink so he's fair game for being criticized.  Lots of players "do their best" but they still fail.  He's failing, although I agree he's tried hard.  

Problem is that trying hard isn't making us keep up with Miami, NY, Clippers, Bulls, etc.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

i'm surprised this guy hasn't been picked up yet. i like Dalembert, the only thing i don't like about him is: i remember him blocking 1 maybe 2 balls a game that might not have gone in and are on the downward way to the basket (goal tending). i would take him for a year and then try to renegotiate a new contract next year if we couldn't get Howard.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Going to Sac.  Next.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re:  He's failing, although I agree he's tried hard.   Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

All depends on your perspective, the world could look very different in a month.  Too many people are panicing right now, the title is not won until June. 

As far as Ainge, I concur that the Perkins trade was a dud and the Bradley drafting a wasted pick, but any claims additional to that is pure grandstanding.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

After watching him Wilcox is a player I'm good with. Getting Dalembert at vet min would be great but, I don't see it happening. If we got 4 mil exemption from Green sure a slam dunk, we don't so it ain't. If we get somebody that can help great, but I really liked what I saw Sunday. We may have not have landed the big name guy,but I really like the mix of players we have right now. I expect a lot of over achieving with this crew. The whole Green thing is horrible no doubt,but if we had Green I would say we out played everyone in the off season. All the talk bandied about the Celtics rich tradition and championships accrued miss the fact most were accrued as underdogs not favorites. This could be like the 74 Celts, everybody but them counted them out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rockets pass on Dalambert : Battier is not an above average 7-footer.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/Q       Neither is Dalembert.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

This free agency period is crazy.  Just like that, after announcing last night that he'll likely return to Sacramento, Dalembert has signed on for two years with the Houston Rockets.  This is crazy.  One day Sacramento and the next signs with Houston.  Oh well.

Sections
Shortcuts