ROCKETS USE PAI MEI'S ORIGINAL 3-INCH PUNCH TO DECIMATE THE CELTICS GRILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: ROCKETS USE PAI MEI'S ORIGINAL 3-INCH PUNCH TO DECIMATE THE CELTICS GRILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was there a game tonight? I was so caught-up in this GREAT article about the Lakers I forgot to watch! Enjoy!

Did Jim Buss Break the Los Angeles Lakers?

By Michael C. Jones

COMMENTARY | The Los Angeles Lakers lost a game that they by all accounts should have by falling to the New York Knicks on Thursday night, 116-107, but it's the way lost and the way they've consistently underperformed that is the biggest concern in Hollywood.

At 9-14, the Lakers are a broken team. Turnovers, poor transition defense and uninspired play continue to plague the purple and gold and make them the talk of the NBA for all the wrong reasons. To see where these problems started, the questionable and highly-criticized recent history of Lakers' team president Jim Buss deserves to be revisited.

The 2012-13 Lakers got off to a 1-4 start and fired second-year head coach Mike Brown. The move was a knee-jerk reaction as the team hadn't had any time to build continuity with several new pieces in place. But the firing itself was forgivable. After all, this was Los Angeles, and the Lakers always have a small window to win a title with aging stars and high expectations.

What happened next was beyond baffling. The fan base and sports world were led to believe that the greatest coach in NBA history, Phil Jackson, was a frontrunner for the vacancy and multiple reports confirmed the two sides had dialogue. This wasn't speculation, general manager Mitch Kupchak spoke on the matter himself. Kobe Bryant didn't mince words when he said he would love the opportunity to join forces with the Zen Master again.

But the Lakers directed by Buss made a decision that appeared to be as much about egos as it was X's and O's. It's no secret that there was a rift between Jackson and the Lakers' front office that lingered after the Zen Master's departure, but to let it get in the way of hiring the best coach for this team was inexcusable.

It happened though, and now the sports world is seeing the effects of Buss' failure to check his attitude. He separated from Jackson and the triangle offense when he hired Brown, effectively admitted he made the wrong hire by firing him then failed to rectify it by hiring the wrong coach again in Mike D'Antoni.

About D'Antoni -- his system worked brilliantly with a younger Steve Nash in his heyday with the Phoenix Suns. But Nash is now 38 years old and well past his prime. How could anyone, especially anyone with alleged basketball knowledge, expect these pieces to fit?

It was ego, bravado and everything else in between. The unfortunate thing for Lakers fans is that the owner's son isn't going anywhere.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: ROCKETS USE PAI MEI'S ORIGINAL 3-INCH PUNCH TO DECIMATE THE CELTICS GRILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a follow-up to my first post, pasted below are a few comments to the article above. Enjoy!

Yah think?! Jerry Buss should have put his DAUGHTER in charge. P Jackson would be the coach right now.
    Kobe might as well retire because this BUSS ain't goin' nowhere!

YES! Since Jim Buss took over the Lakers have gone downhill. Who in their right mind would pick D'Antoni over Phil Jackson? A guy who couldn't cut it in New York with all that talent and look at the Knicks now without him. With Phil, he is a proven winner and champion!
    His amount of championship

Jones, I think you are dead on target. His move to hire D'Antoni was just about the stupidest I have ever seen team ownership make, unless they were already writing off this season. I wonder if the front office wants to clean house and plan for a future with D'Antoni, building around Nash, Kobe and...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to BloggetyBloop's comment:

James Harden and the Rockets watched Kill Bill before their game tonight. Good luck in San Antonio tommorow night.

ROTFLMAO!!!

Have a very blessed night!

You are a sackless wonder!

You cowardly hide when your overpaid team loses, then come on here when we do!

You are a sorry excuse for a man, and an even sorrier excuse for a Christian, with your completely insincere "blessings."

STUFF your blessings - we don't want them!!

You beat the Wizards by six points - you struggled with them just as much as we did - but of course, being the gut-less-tird you are, you fail to mention that.

Good luck vs Philly!!  But, naturally, after you lose, you'll take some days off-  just like the spineless bimbo you are!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

First dumb

Now dumber

My night is complete!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

kill bill 1 & 2 are classics

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

James Harden and the Rockets watched Kill Bill before their game tonight. Good luck in San Antonio tommorow night.

ROTFLMAO!!!

win or lose the mighty Celtics will still have less losses than your sorry old team. i mean the lakers are a couple of losses away from being a lottery team.

ROTFLMAO!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to RicoActIsBack's comment:

Watch it teacher. Teacher lol!!!

Watch what??????????  Is that some kind of threat?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

ROTFLMAO!!!

You are a sackless wonder!

You cowardly hide when your overpaid team loses, then come on here when we do!

You are a sorry excuse for a man, and an even sorrier excuse for a Christian, with your completely insincere "blessings."

STUFF your blessings - we don't want them!!

You beat the Wizards by six points - you struggled with them just as much as we did - but of course, being the gut-less-tird you are, you fail to mention that.

Good luck vs Philly!!  But, naturally, after you lose, you'll take some days off-  just like the spineless bimbo you are!

I am here almost on a daily basis my friend. Sorry that you miss me so much that you track my whereabouts. And you used to call me a stalker.

ROTFLMAO!!!

Have a very blessed day!

I could care less about your whereabouts!  And "almost on a daily basis" is a lie.  You never come on here after the lakers lose.  And you ARE a stalker - you "tracked " my whereabouts for weeks this summer.............you are a fraud and a liar - STUFF your blessings, you don't mean them anyway!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Seriously guys... when you respond to this a wipe you only give him fuel... just ignore the phony christian psycho...

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to VeniceSox's comment:

Seriously guys... when you respond to this a wipe you only give him fuel... just ignore the phony christian psycho...

lol

Sections
Shortcuts