Rockets want Rondo? Well hecks bells, let's talk!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Rockets want Rondo? Well hecks bells, let's talk!!!!!!!

The news that the playoff exiting Rockets want to talk about the prospect of getting our very own head case Rajon Rondo has to restore some hope in a tortured and downtrodden world...it does wonders for me, I can tell you that!

All I can say is BRAVO Houston, BRAVO!

Call DA HOUSTON...let's get it done!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Rockets want Rondo? Well hecks bells, let's talk!!!!!!!

Lin (14.9m expiring)

Asik (14.9m expiring)

Parsons and Beverly (1.8m in combined team options0

For

Rondo (13m expiring)

Wallace (10.1m each of the next 2 years)

Bass (6.9m expiring)

Faverani (2m team options each of the next two years)

The 17th pick in this years draft

Basically a swap of identical cash next year (31.6 to Boston, 32 million to Houston) and the Celtics supply Houston with a pick to cover the extra ugly year owed Wallace and the best player in the trade (in reputation only) while getting back the 2nd and 3rd best players in the trade (who might both be better than Rondo and would factor into the teams long-term future), a demon defender of PG's and a huge expiring we could possibly use at the deadline who happens to be a local Harvard kid fans would enjoy.

If they refuse to take Wallace I would sub in Jeff Green, keep the 17th pick and ask for Houston's 25th pick. I would settle for their 2nd rounder #42 or their lotto protected 1st rd pick in 2015.

If they would prefer a sign and trade with Hump at around the same 6-8 million Bass is making I would do that and not expect it to change the value of the trade since Bass has an expiring contract and Hump would want a 2-3 year extension. But, it would have to happen after the draft. If Wallace were still involved I would give the Rockets the worse of our two 1st rd picks in 2015. If Green were involved I would ask for Houston's lotto protected 1st in 2015.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If the draft falls in the current order, we pick 5th and the Jazz (barring a trade) are not going to select Exum 4th. So that is who we take if the above trade goes down. Exum gets the D-league and to be brought along slowly while Lin and Beverley play PG here.

C - Asik, Olynyk

PF - Sullinger, Olynyk, Green

SF - Parsons, Green

SG - Bradley, Lin, Exum by the end of the year

PG - Beverly, Pressey, Lin

Beverly and Bradley would TERRORIZE teams backcourts while Asik would protect the rim. Total Brad Stevens style players. Sullinger and Parsons would have to develop into nearly 20ppg scorers though to make up for the lack of firepower on that starting unit.

A bench anchored by Green, Olynyk and Lin would provide multi-position skilled offense but give up nearly as much as they produced, but maybe, if Exum could play NBA defense right away and they keep Hump around the bench could be scary considering they are going against 2nd units all the time with players either used to being starters or young and talented enough to start now and expect to start for many years in the future. If Wiggins were on this unti instead of Exum I'd be really excited. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I doubt Houston is this stupid....  what with ball hungry Harden in the backcourt why on earth would they want someone like Rondo, who not only would deny Harden his touches but also wreck any team chemistry they might have developed, not to mention dogging it during the season...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

I doubt Houston is this stupid....  what with ball hungry Harden in the backcourt why on earth would they want someone like Rondo, who not only would deny Harden his touches but also wreck any team chemistry they might have developed, not to mention dogging it during the season...

Wreck team chemistry? How much team chemistry do you think they have now? They went out in the first round and they have Howard and Harden. They will want to make a trade just to show their fan base that they are doing something.

Also please stop using an ellipsis in place of all other punctuation. It makes you seem numb.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

Rondo would be a perfect fit in Houston. But they would need Parsons. i don't see any deal there. they don't have much to offer.

He may not be a perfect fit in my opinion but that ownership group is going to be desperate to shake things up. They didn't go out and get Howard to pair with Harden so they could be a 4 seed and go out in round 1.   I think a deal  with Houston could happen.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

If were danny i wouldn't include jeff green just get asik and parsons in return. if danny is willing to trade green then... it should be separate deal imo

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

rondo and green for lin, asik, and parsons.  I doubt Houston does that, but it works on the trade machine, and saves the C's money.  Fills a lot of their biggest needs, and allows them to draft BAP.  PG or SG become largest need in my mind.  Not a fan of Lin, but for a 2 year stop gap we could do worse.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

If Houston liked Enron... they'll love Enrondo.

Same...same!

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Houston went out because Harden and Parsons are ALL offense and Asik is All defense. 

Their best players are not balanced enough between their offense and defense.

Harden is a weak link. Asik is a weak link. Parsons  (D-fence)is a weak link. Jones is a weak link (shot making).

Dwight cant do it by himself and he cant do it without a Shaq with the Lakers suppoting cast. Harden is Kobe on offense but not on defense! That is very big in and of itself. 

Then, who is their Derek Fisher? Nobody. Who is their Robert Horry? Nobody. Who is their Rick Fox? Dont see anyone. Who is their Glen Rice? Not there.

They dont have strong enough perimeter defenders that are EXCELLENT deep threats.

They aint getting those from us (outside of Jeff Green and Avery Bradley)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I don't see Houston wanting any part of Rondo. Very bad fit in my opinion. But if they do, i'm all for it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

Asik, Lin, Parson, pick #25 for Rondo, Faverani, Johnson (non-guarenteed contract), and chris babb (non-guarenteed)

Houston gets their PG and trims over $3M to put towards going after Melo.

I think that Danny Ainge is gonna want draft picks in any Rondo deal. The picks are a valuable asset in which they could deal away for a real difference maker. I'm not a fan of any deal with Houston seems they are lacking picks the next couple years. Should Ainge deal Rondo, it should be for either draft picks or a really good player, not a bunch of players that make the numbers work. Asik would be a decent center, but you would need a player that can distribute the ball with Rondo gone. Phil Pressey is not the answer there. Point is, if you get rid of Rondo, it's gonna be a longer rebuilding process and I'm not sure that's what Celtics ownership and Ainge want. Us Celtics fans have already lived through 10 years of mediocrity. I, myself, hope to not have to go through that again.

Boston gets a very good and young SF and a couple expensive one year rentals, along with the #25 pick in 2014. 

IDK if DA gives up Rondo for essentially Parsons and the #25 pick. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

The 10 years of mediocrity being pre Garnett, Pierce, and Allen era.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

I don't see Houston wanting any part of Rondo. Very bad fit in my opinion. But if they do, i'm all for it.

+1

Rondo needs the balls even more than Harden. Can they fit together?

Also Rondo can't spread the floor, is this a good fit with Howard? Questionable.

They could use his defensive capability (if he changes his attitude) and of course his passing very well, though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The ESPN insider guys have mentioned these possible trades with Houston players:

- Lin, Parsons and pick 25 to the Pistons for Josh Smith (Howard's best friend) and the 8th pick.

- Asik and Parsons to the Hawks for Paul Millsap and Matt Carroll

No mention of Rondo. Both those moves give the Rockets a better PF than the one we would be supplying in Bass or even the S&T idea involving Humphries (although he is closer in talent to those guys).

It seems they feel the Rockets are very happy with Beverely, but only in a 50% of the game role where he exhausts other teams PG's on defense, but isn't expected to play big mins due to how taxing this role is and the team would want a PG to share time (not steal mins from him as Rondo would) who can distribute the ball better than Beverley/Lin. They also need a SF who can defend the likes of Durant if they hope to make it out of the west. The Rockets can get Ennis or Smart at pick #8 if they do the Pistons deal and while Smith would start at PF (defending the likes of Griffin and Zach Randolph) he would play SF and defend Durant, Leonard and Batum.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If I were the Rockets and the Pistons offered that deal I would do it. Smith is overpaid at 3/42 for the next 3 years. A killer contract for a team like Detroit who can be like the Raptors/Bullets next year and shoot for the 2nd round.. but will need 2-3 seasons before contending in the East. The Rockets, with title aspirations and Smith's best friend on the team are one of the only clubs that can get the elite Josh Smith to come to play.

Pick #8 in the draft would also be huge for Houston. I'd take Marcus Smart (if he were there) and start Beverely, Smart, Harden, Smith and Howard in a kinda small ball rotation where the excellent defense of four other players hides Harden. 

A bench of Motiejunas, Terrance Jones, whoever they choose between Troy Daniels and Francisco Garcia and whatever they get in an Asik trade would be solid as well. Assuming Asik can be sent to a team like the Celtics for Green, Faverani and Pressey or maybe the Bucks for Larry Sanders and Brandon Knight.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Parsons, Aisk, and Lynn for Rondo and Green

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

The news that the playoff exiting Rockets want to talk about the prospect of getting our very own head case Rajon Rondo has to restore some hope in a tortured and downtrodden world...it does wonders for me, I can tell you that!

All I can say is BRAVO Houston, BRAVO!

Call DA HOUSTON...let's get it done!

Lets DO IT !!!   In a HEART BEAT !!!   A point guard that has no jump shot and shoots FREE THROWS like a Freshman is no use to me !!!

Sections
Shortcuts