Rojon (Magic) Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Rojon (Magic) Rondo

Ok, I'm saying it...This guy is the second coming of Majic..
    His passing is every bit as good..
    He's a better rebounder at 6ft one...
    Defensively, I believe he is going get better..
    Offessively, still maturing, but getting to the hoop with abandon..
    Heck yes, you build a team (or dynasty) around him.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

Re: Rojon (Magic) Rondo

Rajon is a great player and if he keeps at the level he is playing a possible HOF but he is no Magic. Magic's career averages are 19, 11, 7 and Rondo's are 11, 8, and 4. Rondo's averages are weighed down by his first few years but I don't know if there will ever be another magic he was so unique.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

There will never be another Magic Johnson or Larry Bird. I'm glad I was a witness to their talent and competitiveness. They played the game the way it was meant to be played.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In Response to Re: Rojon (Magic) Rondo:
    [QUOTE]Let's wait till we see him running with Green, Bradley and Humphries or McGee ... fingers crossed ...
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

Thats, the best part. He's running with some old timers right now..

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Let's wait till we see him running with Green, Bradley and Humphries or McGee ... fingers crossed ...

We will have money to spend on someone during the offseason.  Not sure who Danny wants to pursue, but I am sure that he will sign at least one or two big men to help this team next season. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

We need to keep Bass too....I get the feeling he is going to get much better...
    He was playing like a maninal today...even on defense...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]Me too but I feel like watching Rondo puts me in the same seats that saw Cousy ... and McGee could make it a Cousy - Russell duo ... Sweet!
    Rondo is a special player, extremely fun to watch, albeit a bit frustrating at times. He's underrated by too many Celtic fans.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Rojon (Magic) Rondo:
    [QUOTE]Ok, I'm saying it...This guy is the second coming of Majic.. His passing is every bit as good.. He's a better rebounder at 6ft one... Defensively, I believe he is going get better.. Offessively, still maturing, but getting to the hoop with abandon.. Heck yes, you build a team (or dynasty) around him.....
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]
    send me a oz of whatever you're smokin'.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rojon (Magic) Rondo : Rondo is a special player, extremely fun to watch, albeit a bit frustrating at times. He's underrated by too many Celtic fans.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

He is fun to watch in the way Bird was fun to watch, great court vision and astonishing passes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Hey ladies... since we're dreaming.... if the Cs can build a dynasty around R9R, maybe, just maybe,  Mayberry RFD can build the sheriffs department around Deputy Barney Fife  after Andy Taylor retires.

Seems just as likely.

Pud

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

[QUOTE]Hey ladies... since we're dreaming.... if the Cs can build a dynasty around R9R, maybe, just maybe,  Mayberry RFD can build the sheriffs department around Deputy Barney Fife  after Andy Taylor retires. Seems just as likely. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    If dynasties are so easy to build, why doesn't every team do it?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I appreciate Rondo but the Magic comparison makes no sense, except in innate court vision. 

Magic was a different kind of physicality, remember at 6-9 he played center in a playoff game.

Rondo still has a lot to prove. That said when he plays like he does tonight it's awesome to watch. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I know that physically, there is a tremendous contrast..Im talking about the intagibles that he brings to the games.
    If all you give him credit for is court vision, i just don't know what to say.
    The guy is starting to become offensively aggresive to the hoop, hitting shots, bankers, and dont be surprised to see him improve every year.
    I believe he is a great one..a rarity of talent...which gives us a chance to win it all this year.. I said a chance....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

He's very good.

But Magic never took an entire half of a playoff game off like Rondo did in game 4.

2 points. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

After Rose, Westbrook, Parker, Paul and Williams, Rondo is probably the best of the next group!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I don't put williams in that group anymore.  I put rondo equal to parker and westbrook, but in different ways.

I find rondo more entertaining to watch than any of those...or just about anybody in the nba.  He does have the best overall court awareness I've seen SINCE magic/bird, but the comparisons stop there.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]There will never be another Magic Johnson or Larry Bird. I'm glad I was a witness to their talent and competitiveness. They played the game the way it was meant to be played.
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

Very true.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from great-1957. Show great-1957's posts

Rondo is  a special and elite pg. But the comparison to Magic or the mention of Magic's 2nd coming is way overboard.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE] After Rose, Westbrook, Parker, Paul and Williams, Rondo is probably the best of the next group!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

He and Westbrook are tied for 5th in a group of the 6 best PG's in the game... there is a drop-off after that group

Westbrook does not dominate the game with his passing and courtvision like rondo can, but he can put up buckets better than any of them except a healthy Rose... so he is in the group

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]I don't put williams in that group anymore.  I put rondo equal to parker and westbrook, but in different ways. I find rondo more entertaining to watch than any of those...or just about anybody in the nba.  He does have the best overall court awareness I've seen SINCE magic/bird, but the comparisons stop there.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

Why?

Williams had a TERRIBLE team this year, put up 21 points, 8.7 dimes and had a FIFTY-SEVEN point game

Sections
Shortcuts