1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Rondo accidentally breaks another record

I wonder what it would be like if he had skills

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Re: Rondo accidentally breaks another record

What record was that?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Highest assist total after 4 games in NBA history; took the record from John Stockton.  But that means nothing because he has no skills; it was just a mistake.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Furthermore

Rondo moved past Sam Jones into 13th place on the Celtics' all-time assists list. He has 2,211, two more than Jones collected

http://www.nba.com/games/20101102/BOSDET/gameinfo.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Imagine how good he would be if he actually had skills.  He is only surpassing Hall Of Famers in his fifth season.  If he only had skills he could play on the Moon with knowledgeable fans like Acie and Pud.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

These records they come up with are so ridiculous.

Oh look, so&so is only the 3rd person to score over 20 pts, collect 10 rebs with 8 assists ,6 turnovers, 2 steals, 1 blocked shot & a Tech. You have to go all the way back to 1975 when ____ did it last.

This Rondo assist watch just as dumb. Most assists after 5 games.. really meaningless.  Will they continue tracking this stat game by game?

ESPN the worse offender led by that nitwit Stuart Scott.. whose sole job is to come up with useless stats and ignorant new sayings he tries to coin like "filthy good".. what a nerd

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

In Response to Rondo accidentally breaks another record:
    I wonder what it would be like if he had skills
    Posted by shines01

...and he makes acie & stiff eat their pud dings

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo accidentally breaks another record:
    These records they come up with are so ridiculous. Oh look, so&so is only the 3rd person to score over 20 pts, collect 10 rebs with 8 assists ,6 turnovers, 2 steals, 1 blocked shot & a Tech. You have to go all the way back to 1975 when ____ did it last. This Rondo assist watch just as dumb. Most assists after 5 games.. really meaningless.  Will they continue tracking this stat game by game? ESPN the worse offender led by that nitwit Stuart Scott.. whose sole job is to come up with useless stats and ignorant new sayings he tries to coin like "filthy good".. what a nerd
    Posted by Karllost

You're right, the records they come up with is ridiculous. But you're missing the point. ESPN and the other networks are always looking for ways to increase their ratings. Since you mentioned ESPN and Stuart Scott I think their gimmick worked, they got your attention. They made you watch them come up with those ridiculous records.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondo9Fan. Show RajonRondo9Fan's posts

No offense you can't have 60 plus assists in the nba in 4 games and not be good

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

I'll be the first to say that Rondo has major weaknesses, but NO SKILLS!?!?!

Come on!

You don't get 10-10-24 by accident!  Nor do you get 67 assists in 4 games!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

the records are ridiculous

and Rondo is setting them

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

BTW, Karllost

yes, they will continue tracking this stat game by game, season by season.

Can you believe it?  Why don't these statisticians get a real job like 'Rondo Critic for BDC'?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I agree that some of the stats they come up with these days are just silly.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

I agree that some of the stats they come up with these days are just silly.
    Posted by mem17

Not as much a stat as historical context. I don't think people care about this as a stat, but it does add value in terms of providing the context.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Rondo's assists are quit note worthy, but setting records for the first 4 games is silly. An example of a legit record for assists would be the number of assists per game, the number of assists per season or over a career.
        It would be like giving a major league pitcher a strike out record for their first 4 pitching starts. It's a meaningless record, but statisticians are paid to come up with such obsessive stats these days.
        Are there going to be records now for the first 3 games, 5 games, 6 games and so on?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo accidentally breaks another record : You're right, the records they come up with is ridiculous. But you're missing the point. ESPN and the other networks are always looking for ways to increase their ratings. Since you mentioned ESPN and Stuart Scott I think their gimmick worked, they got your attention. They made you watch them come up with those ridiculous records.  
    Posted by P34

P34, you got it wrong.

Im not watching espn for their stats BS. Im watching because a game is on or sportscenter for highlights.. The fact this garbage is part of the program doesnt mean "they got me" by paying attention. I see/hear it by default.

Sort of like watching a Patriots game. Are you going to tell me they got me cause I didnt change the channel fast enough to miss the commercial? 

I hear the ridiculous recods stuff cause its part of the bigger program.

You're too deep a thinker lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oldtimerceltfan. Show oldtimerceltfan's posts

I said this on one of the other rondo thread. Rondo is doing what an unskilled player is suppose to do. What is a non shooter suppose to do but pass? is why he gets alot of assist, which he would not have if he could shoot. As for rebounding. A non shooter is suppose to go under the basket and help to rebound, (sometimes stealing from blind side of a rebounder hand). these are the things a non shooter is suppose to do. He also is making his team mates work harder to make up for his lack of. There is a reason why things happen. SEE THE REASON.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Re: Furthermore

In Response to Furthermore:
    Rondo moved past Sam Jones into 13th place on the Celtics' all-time assists list. He has 2,211, two more than Jones collected http://www.nba.com/games/20101102/BOSDET/gameinfo.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2 Imagine how good he would be if he actually had skills.  He is only surpassing Hall Of Famers in his fifth season.  If he only had skills he could play on the Moon with knowledgeable fans like Acie and Pud.
    Posted by shines01

Ah, he should go past a guy like Sam Jones though being a point a guard. That being said I think he's a very good point guard, don't get the hate for him by some, but from what I've seen here it's a vocal minority.

Shines let's see how he does at the end of the season by way of assists totals? If he goes over 17 a game it would be a feat.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I don't think getting an assist, ever entered Sam Jones mind. Why would one of,if not the best clutch shooter who ever played the game, worry about an assist?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Rondo 67 assists and 14 turnovers including 41 assists and 7 turnovers in the last 2 games. 

I question anyone questioning Rondo at the moment.  He is playing his role in the team, pure and simple.  He is also a throwback to the days where being a point guard meant running a team (i.e. the pre Iverson, Marbury days), a seemingly lost art in the pros.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Everyone on this team has a role... Rondo is the facilitator he always finds the right guy.. why are people saying he has no skills.. sure he's lacking in some areas, but ask anyone on the team if they'd trade him... i'm sure the answer is NO! It's not like Rondo said hey count how many assists i have through four games guys! So why bash him?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Rondo accidentally breaks another record : P34, you got it wrong. Im not watching espn for their stats BS. Im watching because a game is on or sportscenter for highlights.. The fact this garbage is part of the program doesnt mean "they got me" by paying attention. I see/hear it by default. Sort of like watching a Patriots game. Are you going to tell me they got me cause I didnt change the channel fast enough to miss the commercial?  I hear the ridiculous recods stuff cause its part of the bigger program. You're too deep a thinker lol
    Posted by Karllost

Stuart Scott is synonymous to SportsCenter. There are other networks out there that cover the NBA. 

Anyway, it's really not a big deal. I just find it hard to believe that you watch SportsCenter but you don't like Stuart Scott.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUMcHale. Show RUMcHale's posts

It's a pity he can't hit a barn door from the free throw line. Lets see over the years if the celts can live with his weaknesses.

Sections
Shortcuts