Rondo all defensive team?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Rondo all defensive team?

In response to JamezHill24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

i guess my biggest question is, why are we making negative posts about the brightest member of our team so far this season? Rondo is playing spectacular basketball, averaging 14, 14 and 5. Why are we STILL nitpicking? I think i would understand if i saw threads about all members of our team, but it doesnt make much sense when you only continuously see negative threads based towards the guy who has easily been the best player on the C's this season. Puzzling.

[/QUOTE]

The Cs are 1st in assists and 23rd in points allowed. Thats not winning Celtic basketball.

That's a team way out of balance.

Pud

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

The subject of this thread was to point out Rondo's defensive flaws that many seem to ignore. Too often his name is mentioned in the company of great defenders in the NBA, hes not.. not by a long shot.

Now if this offends you or  your Celtic pride cant tolerate a little honest criticism of our star player, simply ignore the thread... or offer an opposing opinion. 

I want Rondo to do well, Im a Celtic fan.. but im not a blind Celtic fan and Ive seen for years his defensive shortcomings imo.... which irritate me more than most because its my belief it comes from lack of effort... not lack of ability.

Just my opinion..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Also, the timing of this thread coincided with much concern over the Celtic defense and the points we're giving up... blaming so many from Doc to the bigs getting embarrassed with opponents getting uncontested dunks and layups... I felt it necessary to voice my opinion of one of the major reasons I think the C's defense suffers at times...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

i guess my biggest question is, why are we making negative posts about the brightest member of our team so far this season? Rondo is playing spectacular basketball, averaging 14, 14 and 5. Why are we STILL nitpicking? I think i would understand if i saw threads about all members of our team, but it doesnt make much sense when you only continuously see negative threads based towards the guy who has easily been the best player on the C's this season. Puzzling.

[/QUOTE]

Jamez,

I'd say the nature of the Board is to praise and criticize and discuss.   I don't think there's a player on the Celtics team over the past few years that hasn't had some harsh criticism.  So, pointing out flaws in the player is not a bad thing, especially when the flaw is critical to the team's success.   He's done some great things, but he also has some flaws and I see nothing wrong with criticizing him for his flaws, and certainly nothing wrong with a healthy sharing of opposing views on it.   He does get praise for his strengths, as well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Jamez,

I'd say the nature of the Board is to praise and criticize and discuss.   I don't think there's a player on the Celtics team over the past few years that hasn't had some harsh criticism.  So, pointing out flaws in the player is not a bad thing, especially when the flaw is critical to the team's success.   He's done some great things, but he also has some flaws and I see nothing wrong with criticizing him for his flaws, and certainly nothing wrong with a healthy sharing of opposing views on it.   He does get praise for his strengths, as well.

[/QUOTE] +1