Rondo almost Gondo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Rondo almost Gondo?

One of the essential pieces of a winning puzzle is veteran leadership.  Despite Rondo's flawed shooting, he's still invaluable to our young coach and players.  I believe that trading him is inevitable, but I'm hoping the C's wait to next year's trade deadline.

I think the longer we wait, the more value we will receive for him.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Re: Rondo almost Gondo?

We don't need veteran leadership while rebuilding.  We need one when things start to come together, which won't be next year or even the year after, I believe.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhs1950. Show dhs1950's posts

In response to scubber's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We don't need veteran leadership while rebuilding.  We need one when things start to come together, which won't be next year or even the year after, I believe.

[/QUOTE]

Bingo

dhs1950

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

In response to dhs1950's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bingo

dhs1950

[/QUOTE]

It's not like we're constructing Pyramids, we did what we needed and sacrificed last season.  The East Conf sucks.  Let's draft what we need, cash in on that TPE, and let Rondo guide us back into 1st.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rondo is not a leader imo... the faster we get rid of him, the better

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Rondo has to be part of the solution, either through improved play(now that he is healthy for a year plus) or through trade.  Either way he is a big part of the future of the club. 

Same is true for green, bradley, and bass.  Either step up and lead or get traded and bring back more talent.  Either way these guys need to produce for the team to move forward.  I am a believer that they can be 5-8 seed this year and become a contender the year after with a few good moves and a little luck.  We have TPE, high picks, and tradeable assets...lets make a few good decisions.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhs1950. Show dhs1950's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dhs1950's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bingo

dhs1950

[/QUOTE]

It's not like we're constructing Pyramids, we did what we needed and sacrificed last season.  The East Conf sucks.  Let's draft what we need, cash in on that TPE, and let Rondo guide us back into 1st.

[/QUOTE]
    Until we have a couple all- league players that are elite scorers or rebounders  on the team, its premature  to think about the complimentary players needed to fill out the roster.

dhs1950

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Agree DHS and I dont think Rondo is the leader we are looking for   And by the way, I'm PHS 1960

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dhs1950. Show dhs1950's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Agree DHS and I dont think Rondo is the leader we are looking for   And by the way, I'm PHS 1960

[/QUOTE]

Guess that makes you an old timer too. We probably could yak for hours about the early NBA years. As far as Rhondo goes --  Big, big bucks for a player whose claim to fame is the meaningless player assist.

dhs1950

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I think I am old, but I can't remember.

Sections
Shortcuts